The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

CBJ is actively looking to upgrade its D. The team is also reportedly interested in acquiring another top 9 forward to provide more depth for a potential playoff run! The East is a tough conference and the team feels it may need additional help if it wishes to make the playoffs.The team has made some key acquisitions this summer including Elias Lindholm, Yanni Gourde, and Travis Sanheim but that may not be enough to get them into the post-season.

CBJ encourages GM's to contact them if they wish to talk trade. The team would like to address one or both of these needs if possible before the regular season.

Are we following the exact NHL requirements for expansion in 2020-21? I am looking to load up my team but I want to make sure I'm not adding any pieces I cannot keep beyond the next year or two. Do we have a copy of league requirements? If so can we please have them posted so we can all prepare? Expansion is next year? or the year after?

@Mike Vanderhoek @canuck2xtreme

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Are we following the exact NHL requirements for expansion in 2020-21? I am looking to load up my team but I want to make sure I'm not adding any pieces I cannot keep beyond the next year or two. Do we have a copy of league requirements? If so can we please have them posted so we can all prepare? Expansion is next year? or the year after?

IIRC, it's the same basic rules as the NHL and we base it on player eligibility as per Capfriendly.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

IIRC, it's the same basic rules as the NHL and we base it on player eligibility as per Capfriendly.

Thanks @aGENT . Do you know of any tools on cap friendly that could help a GM compile their roster then go through an expansion draft simulation?

IE protect your players - see who's left?

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Thanks @aGENT . Do you know of any tools on cap friendly that could help a GM compile their roster then go through an expansion draft simulation?

IE protect your players - see who's left?

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/create

I think they had an ED tool last go but it was for actual teams IIRC.

Yup:

https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

Edited by aGENT

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yup, this is correct.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I've never liked Byfuglien... but wow what a d*ck move... waiting until camp to do that?

https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-jets-d-dustin-byfuglien-believed-to-be-weighing-future-amid-leave-1.1367417

Yeah but who knows what's happening in his personal life? Not that I'd remotely wish this on anyone and I certainly hope it's not the case, but what if one of his kids has cancer or something?! We shouldn't jump to conclusions when we have zero idea of the circumstances.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah but who knows what's happening in his personal life? Not that I'd remotely wish this on anyone and I certainly hope it's not the case, but what if one of his kids has cancer or something?! We shouldn't jump to conclusions when we have zero idea of the circumstances.

The Sportsnet article I read this morning said he and his family are in good health. Which makes you wonder what is bringing it on??

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

The Sportsnet article I read this morning said he and his family are in good health. Which makes you wonder what is bringing it on??

Can't imagine he just took a few of these and checked out, but who knows:

DVof_TzW4AchLCe.jpg

Until we know, we don't know....

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Can't imagine he just took a few of these and checked out, but who knows:

DVof_TzW4AchLCe.jpg

Until we know, we don't know....

I would be scared to go back after Winnipeg lost so much talent too lol. Aside from Morrissey who do they have on D? Kulikov? Chariot? and who else?

Edited by Rush17

Just now, Rush17 said:

Let's hope. Let's take their 1st, they might be a lottery team at this rate. :lol:

Have to think they're looking hard at Risto out of BUF as well. They have trade history.

Risto, Tanev, Pionk, Niku would still be decent RD depth.

• Upvote 1

Being as I am 100% anti slavery (and I try to be 100% against bigotry as a side note too) I am therefore 100% positive that human beings have absolutely zero requirement to ''show up and do the job". A basic right that every one of us has is to stop working for someone any time we feel like it. 

That being said, he is paid a lot and maybe would stand to be paid a lot in yet another contract so the player knows not to enter into such a thing without a good reason, good for HIM not us, his boss or the newspaper venders reason but his and his alone. As he requested the time and got it I am led to believe that in his mind there is a good reason. Therefore, I don't think he is a dick for doing it, but I hope that whatever the cause it is resolved in his favour faster than not.