The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

Just now, Rush17 said:

Wait until he is Julius Honka's age before throwing shade lol. 

So, in two more years? He'll also need to start producing in the AHL at the rate that Honka was doing to even start thinking "top 4". Cause Honka looked great in the A.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

So, in two more years? He'll also need to start producing in the AHL at the rate that Honka was doing to even start thinking "top 4". Cause Honka looked great in the A.

Where is Honka now?

christmas tree singing GIF

:lol:

Juolevi will be fine he is a completely different type of player anyways. Honka needed points to be an effective NHLer because his two way game was weak. Juolevi's defensive game was one of his best selling features. Calm, steady, reliable. Poised is probably the best word. He also is clutch in big games.

So he will be fine he is recovering from a knee injury after all. I was surprised he could play in camp the way he was favouring his knee. He sat out a few things like one of the scrimmages and the odd drill but give him time. If it wasn't for injuries he would have been made an NHL regular last season. He is a hell of a lot better prospect then Gaudette imo lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Where is Honka now?

christmas tree singing GIF

:lol:

Juolevi will be fine he is a completely different type of player anyways. Honka needed points to be an effective NHLer because his two way game was weak. Juolevi's defensive game was one of his best selling features. Calm, steady, reliable. Poised is probably the best word. He also is clutch in big games.

So he will be fine he is recovering from a knee injury after all. I was surprised he could play in camp the way he was favouring his knee. He sat out a few things like one of the scrimmages and the odd drill but give him time. If it wasn't for injuries he would have been made an NHL regular last season. He is a hell of a lot better prospect then Gaudette imo lol

Definitely going to be a top four who can be relied upon to play a well rounded game as in PK time and secondary PP time down the road. Don't really care about his numbers this year in the AHL, his game has come a long way, his poise and hockey sense is top notch and he is fairly close to being in the NHL. Said the janitor.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Monty said:

Just like Virtanen and Juolevi. :mellow:

I wait until someone at least starts playing in the AHL before predicting their NHL success. Sami Niku is destroying offensively in the AHL, but is a train wreck defensively. Byram can very easily become “insert forgettable drafted player throughout the years”.

Well?

Byram sure looked more advanced at draft age. Physically & hockey wise.

The inner demon drive which sees Pettersson out bag skate 10 year vets is, no doubt, part of what makes him special. How much harder he competes defensively. What set back Jake & Olli?

You are correct, that competitive drive wont 100% be apparent for a year or so. And has already separated Petey from Jake & Olli. But Byram skates effortlessly all day, has fluid edgework, agility, endurance to higher degree's at a pure athletic level than Jake & Olli did. Just my observation / opinion. Passes & thinks like Olli. But also defends, can handle & protect the puck, is a more potent shot. My instinct, Byram is more advanced because he would also have been demon driven to develop such things?   

SIGNING: The Vancouver Canucks have signed defenseman Taylor Fedun to a one year deal.

van.png Taylor Fedun: 1 year, $ 850 thousand dollar contract ( $ 850,000.00 per season ).

* contract agreed to on November, 8th, 2019

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

SIGNING: The Vegas Golden Knights have signed forward Arsen Khisamutdinov to a two year deal.

golden-knightsjpg-jpg-size-cus.jpg.1a3a2b64c054833f94570ef9b0af7d19.jpgArsen Khisamutdinov: 2 years, $ 1.7 million dollar contract ( $ 850,000.00 per season ).

Best name of the day :lol:

VGK trade block

Brock Nelson - 1st + Prospect

Jakub Silfverberg - 1st + prospect

Boone Jenner - late 2nd/early 3rd + Replacement

Brandon Sutter - late 2nd + prospect

Nick Bjugstad - late 2nd + prospect

Jake McCabe - 2nd + replacement

Jon Merrill - late 2nd/early 3rd + replacement

Mikko Koskinen - 2nd + replacement + prospect

Laurent Brossoit - 3rd + replacement

Above prices are not set in stone. But starting points or an idea of what I'd look for. Equivalent prospects acceptable.

Also have cap to take on cap dumps. Willing to take contracts that go in to next season.

Ideally we look to acquire a young starting goalie. May be willing to part with one of my 1sts to do so. Sky's the limit in Vegas with many possibilities!

Edited by Tylez