The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

2 hours ago, Azzy said:

My AHL first liner Justin Bailey just scored his 3rd hat-trick in a week. Never heard of the like, not since Gretzky's day :o

Kid has ALL the tools. Is he a late bloomer or just a guy who never translates to the NHL...?

Was excited when the Canucks took a flyer on him, low risk, potentially high reward.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Montreal Canadiens have made a trade with the Colorado Avalanche.

To MTL:

small.png Jesper Bratt

To COL:

small.png Erik Johnson

With Pelech out for the season and now Parayko out for an undetermined length of time, we felt we had to make a move to shore up our D. Erik is a consummate pro and veteran with 753 and counting games under his belt and will keep us in the playoff hunt as well as we expect be a solid contributor come playoff time.

Welcome aboard Erik!

Thanks to GM @snowflake for the excellent, first time negotiations and best of luck to Jesper in Montreal. We hate to see him go but he's got a solid future ahead of him for the Habs.

• Upvote 2

Rumour: GM ActionJax09 in Pittsburgh has been receiving calls on forward Steven Stamkos. He is not actively shopping him but has been listening to offers as it would take a lot to move him. Stamkos has a trade clause that allows him to only be traded to a top ten team in the standings. 

On 1/18/2020 at 4:53 AM, Azzy said:

My AHL first liner Justin Bailey just scored his 3rd hat-trick in a week. Never heard of the like, not since Gretzky's day :o

On 1/18/2020 at 7:34 AM, aGENT said:

Kid has ALL the tools. Is he a late bloomer or just a guy who never translates to the NHL...?

Was excited when the Canucks took a flyer on him, low risk, potentially high reward.

yeah, let’s remember that Reid Boucher is the AHL scoring leader. 

maybe temper your expectations..?

(just jokes, Bailey looks good)

Edited by greensman

7 hours ago, greensman said:

yeah, let’s remember that Reid Boucher is the AHL scoring leader. 

maybe temper your expectations..?

(just jokes, Bailey looks good)

You'll notice I didn't even mention his stats ;)

I did mention he could never translate either...

• Cheers 1

All Star break is coming at just the right time for the Avs with injuries to our starting goalie and two top 4 D. Here's hoping we get at least Hart and Parayko back after, or soon after, the break! I don't like this recent slide in the standings! :frantic: