The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

1 hour ago, Primal Optimist said:

Bombastik,

is a German 50,000 mark "notgeld" banknote worth anything? There is an auction here on the west coast of Canada and it is one small item i see with a current bid of just $3 canadian. haha.... probably just for nostalgia but it would be neat to have in my safe maybe?

i dont know my friend  :lol:

1 minute ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

i dont know my friend  :lol:

I know the history of the currency between the first and 2nd great wars, so I know there is no dollar value..lol...but I wonder how many examples remain in collections? 

from 1922. Hahah...I think I will bid on it just to have in my collection of various rare currencies and silver bullion. it is the same price as a Starbucks coffee, haha. 

4 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I know the history of the currency between the first and 2nd great wars, so I know there is no dollar value..lol...but I wonder how many examples remain in collections? 

from 1922. Hahah...I think I will bid on it just to have in my collection of various rare currencies and silver bullion. it is the same price as a Starbucks coffee, haha. 

if you re collector ...take it .  i dont think that there are many of them still available around the planet

• Thanks 1

atkinson out 2-3 weeks

bouw maybe done for the season ..impotant is that he fully recovers

this al lis not good for our run for  a post season spot. 

decisions will be made at the deadline... we allready have some pm´s in our box regarding deals but i l take a further look at those ones.

will be back around the weekend

Luckily I got to see the Sedins ceremony and the first period before heading to work.  While I was waiting for my train to arrive I was talking with some of the guys I work with, and one of them told a couple of Canuck stories, and I thought I'd share the Sedin one with you guys.

My friend Ray was in Montreal (he grew up in Vancouver as a Canucks fan but his family was from Montreal) with his wife years ago, walking around some mall area.  He told me what it was called, but I don't remember what it was.  So they're strolling through and while his wife is window shopping, he notices two redheaded Swedish guys walking into the Louis Vuitton store across the corridor.  The Canucks were in Montreal for a game against the Habs, and he was pretty sure it was the Sedins.  He tells his wife "Hey, let's go check out Louis Vuitton," and when she doesn't go for it he says "you don't understand, I'm pretty sure the Sedins just went in there, I want to go creep on them." :lol: 

So they go into Louis Vuitton and sure enough, there's the Sedins, checking out handbags for their wives.  They're both dressed in casual street clothes, jeans and t-shirts.  So the manager is a little miffed as the area and the store are supposedly 'high end'.  While they're picking up and checking out different handbags, the manager comes up to them and says something to the effect of "guys, if you don't mind, please don't handle the merchandise".  The Sedins were polite and shrugged it off, put the handbag down and said yeah sure no problem, and then asked the manager to show them a few items.  All the while, my friend and his wife are feigning that they're browsing, apparently unnoticed by the manager because they were dressed in regular street clothes too.  Anyways, after the Sedins asked to see a few things, the manager remarked to them that "this is a high end place, and if you don't intend to buy anything then I'm going to have to ask you to leave."  Because he doesn't recognize them and he figures they're just guys off the street wasting his time and can't afford any of this stuff.  The Sedins again brushed it off and were very polite, said alright no problem, and walked out of the store.

At this point Ray is beside himself and bursts out laughing.  The manager finally notices them and comes over and asks him what's so funny.  He asks the manager "Do you have any idea who you just threw out of here?"  And the manager replies "just a couple of bums.  Eurotrash."  And Ray replies, "man, that was Daniel and Henrik Sedin."  The manager, clearly not a hockey fan, furrowed his brow in confusion having no idea who that is.  And Ray tells him, "those two are the star players for the Vancouver Canucks, they make a combined $13 million dollars a year!"  The managers jaw dropped and he apparently went after them to try and get them back in but they were gone.  So this manager kicked out two elite hockey players worth millions, while Ray, who as he put it "didn't even have $50 bucks in my pocket', was allowed to stay and browse. :lol: 

As Ray tells it, the Sedins never argued, were completely polite with this guy who was clearly irritated by them being there, never brought up who they were or how much they made, just went about their business and were total class acts.  Which I'm sure doesn't surprise anyone here.  

The other story he told is not nearly as pleasant, as it details why he grew up a Canucks fan but is not a Canucks fan anymore, so I'll save that one for another time.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Still loads of solid playoff  players available out of Minnesota

Mikael Backlund 

Jared Spurgeon 

Richard Panik 

Corey Perry (Can retain)

Alex Steen 

Braydon Coburn 

Matt Irwin 

Yannick Weber 

Taylor Fedun 

Brian Elliot 

Jack Campbell 

Let me know if anyone catches your eye. 

Got a strong young prospect goaltender Who’s not quite ready? Looking for a solid veteran mentor to share the number one job for a season to bridge the gap?

Henrik Lundqvist is available (with $3 million retained for next season) out of Montreal!  Inquire within! 

ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced this morning that defenseman Jay Bouwmeester has undergone a successful Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) procedure at UC Irvine Medical Center in Anaheim.

The procedure, which restores the heart's normal rhythm, was performed by the cardiology team of the UCI Cardiology Department, headed by Chief Cardiologist Dr. Pranav M. Patel.

Currently, Bouwmeester is under the care of Dr. Patel as well as an expert team of UCI Electrophysiologists, including Dr. Michael Rochon-Duck and Dr. David Donaldson.

Upon approval of release by the UCI Cardiology Department, Bouwmeester will be flown back to St. Louis and monitored by Barnes Jewish Hospital and Washington University physicians.

The Blues will provide an update on Bouwmeester's status early next week.

• Facebook Share

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/bouwmeester-undergoes-successful-icd-procedure/c-315058118?fbclid=IwAR1tS8K2ulZvh5ZlaM_zivoDi1sf1MOUXDjKIRDa3o5cgKVgbcDHi3tBT7A

• Cheers 1