The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

After taking stock of our team and their real life teams, the Buffalo Sabres have decided to be SELLERS at this years deadline :sick:

Possible playoff players available out of Buffalo include:

Nick Foligno

Patrick Hornqvist

Blake Comeau

Jonas Brodin

Jamie Benn

Others can be discussed but aren't being shopped around.

Looking for the usual return when selling....younger players and picks! Good players on teams that will NOT be helping you this year. Sell me your future for my present!!

Edited by lethunder
  • Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Columbus must give the NYR's CBJ's 2020 2nd; if the NYR 1st is 13th or better overall.

To be honest, I had forgotten we were getting this back our way, very nice reminder! thank you, takes some of the sting away from when I will be watching you draft rather high in our place. hahaha....Still though, got some benefit to the deal for sure. 

Out on trade day:

ARI 6th overall 2019

ARI somewhere from 1st to 6th overall 2020

ARI 4th 2020

In on trade day:

37th overall 2nd round pick 2019: Nick Robertson ( 47 goals 26a in 41 games OHL)(*Side Note: Dude was born on 9/11/01. Wow. Futurestar, with a rather ominous bday)

January 2020 – Robertson was among the top performers for Team USA as they were disappointingly eliminated in the quarterfinals.  He once again cemented the fact that he was a steal of a pick for Toronto at 53rd overall, and that he will surely be in the running for a pro roster spot next season (or earlier, should his OHL season end early enough to allow a tryout period). Hayden Soboleski

64th overall 3rd round pick 2019: Nikita Alexandrov (20g 24a in 37 games QMJHL)

June 2019 – Alexandrov was St. Louis’ first selection of the 2019 draft. He had a successful season with Charlottetown of the QMHJL were he recorded 27 goals, 34 assists and 61 points in 64 regular season games. He would go on to add four goals and three assists in six playoff games. The centerman blends skill, power, and a nose for the net which allows him to be a successful scorer

74th overall 3rd round pick 2019: Alexei Protas (28g 44a in 51 games WHL)

December 2019 – Protas has taken his play to another level this year and has helped the Prince Albert Raiders to the teams 20-9-3-1 record. Did I mention he is the top player for the Raiders. He is leading the team in points with 42 points in 27 games, which is good for eighth overall in WHL scoring.

84th overall 3rd round pick 2019: Daniil Misyul (1g 5a 45 plm's in 14 international games this year for Russia U20)

June 2019 — Daniil Misyul was drafted in the third round by the New Jersey Devils (70th pick). He presents as a defenseman who can hit players with much force but also has the ability to show some offensive power.  Chris Wassel

94th overall 4th round pick 2019: Graeme Clarke ( 8g's 4a's in 10 games OHL)

January 2020 — Injuries have slowed down Clarke’s progress as he has only played nine games this season. He does have nine points but will need to get healthy to show what he can do.  Chris Wassel

Michael Rasmussen (6g's 14a's 18 plm's in 29 games AHL)

October 2019 – The Red Wings decided it would be best for Rasmussen’s development as a second year pro to start him in the AHL where he can play an important role with loads of ice time. The plan has paid off early as Rasmussen is humming along with five points in his first four games. He is one of a few on a stacked Grand Rapids Griffins team that will likely be called up at some point. Mark Hillier

Mattias Janmark (6g 15a in 56 games NHL )

"Janmark’s been playing very well for us," interim head coach Rick Bowness said. "He’s been a big part of our penalty kill all year. He’s playing with far more confidence with the puck and we want him to get the puck. He’s a great skater and he’s good with the puck. I find he’s getting the puck more now and he’s hanging on to it. The confidence is there. He’s making plays and he’s playing hard. He’s finishing his checks."

2nd 2020 from CBJ **considering I forgot about this, it is a great finish to a good draft year. 

Hope springs eternal when I consider the future on the Rangers isn't as dire as the last few years have been. 

Robertson, Protas, Rasmussen, Mittelstaedt, Foudy and Henry are in our prospect chain adding to O'Reilly, Varlamov and hopefully a re-signed Faulk and the rest of the gang, the Future at Madison Square garden is sound. And I am adding this colourful sign off to the post so that folks understand what it means to make a decent RoR offer. It is going to take a LOT. I have had some close offers, but none that ring the bell yet. Always willing to listen, but the best move may be no move regarding this franchise player. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1

With Korpisalo moving onwards, these players could add to your playoff hopes.  I would like to clarify that Justin Faulk is not available, as several folks have been asking repeatedly for him. RoR will take more than I have seen so far to pry out of Madison Square Garden. 

Mattias Janmark DAL

Carl Dahlstrom WPG (due back from a hand injury in March)

Sven Baertschi VAN (like a pocket ace, haha)

Andrej Sekera DAL

Johnny Boychuk NYI (sitting in first Wildcard Spot)

Brett Ritchie BOS

Colin Wilson COL

Scott Harrington CBJ (3 way tied for points for both wild card spots)

Victor Rask MIN (4 games in hand and 2 wins out of Wild Card Spot)

Evan Rodrigues BUF(3 wins out of WC spot)

Kyle Okposo BUF(3 wins out of WC spot)

Christian Djoos WSH (call up Dman)

Tyler Gaudet TOR (recalled already this year and a big dude)

Edited by Primal Optimist

CBJ welcomes Ryan McDonagh!

Image result for ryan mcdonagh

It is a pleasure to announce we have acquired Ryan McDonagh from the Anaheim Ducks late last night. Ryan is a phenomenal defender who we feel can help us compete in the difficult eastern conference playoff bracket. The team has also traded C/RW Jeff Carter to the Colorado Avalanche for Nick Seeler,  Casey Fitzgerald, and so much needed roster space. We have received word from our Doctors Brett Pesce may be out long term. He has yet to be put on IR and likely will not. So the addition of McDonagh comes at a great time. Pesce is reviewing of his options and may opt to have surgery to repair his right shoulder. 

We remain active in trade talks and are exploring options to add to our Top 9 forward group. It has been reported the team has been shopping 22 year old C/LW Pavel Zacha who has close to a half a point per game this season. The team is also believed to be sending feelers out on Forwards Ryan Hartman and Star Prospect Jesse Puljujarvi. Nick Seeler and Casey Fitzgerald are also believed to be available as sweeteners in a deal. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Report: It looks like Steven Stamko’s time in Pittsburgh could be coming to an end as multiple teams have made solid offers on the franchise center. 
Even more attention has been given to winger Blake Coleman. With 21 goals on the year and only a 2 million dollar cap hit for another two years, Coleman has garnered the most attention out of Pittsburgh.

Teams have been calling about forward Tyler Johnson who has a reputation for producing in the playoffs when it counts. 

There has been some tire kicking on goaltender Jake Allen who could get the call in the playoffs and will be ready.

Teams who are serious about hoisting the cup are encouraged to inquire!

Minnesota Wild OTB 

Mikael Backlund  3 point night yesterday and he is on pace for another 50 pts + season 

Jared Spurgeon looking like back to back 40 pts + for Spurgeon and the Wild have strung some wins together and are only 3 pts out of a playoff spot. 

Brian Elliot backup on a playoff team. available for a 3rd 

Tyler Motte available for a 3rd

Yannick Weber  NSH dman  available for a 4th 

Taylor Fedun Dal dman available for a 4th 

Will be on all today here and Discord to talk about any of these players. 

Edited by Dak Prescott