The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

Thank you Canuck2Xtreme!!!!! for the hard work and efforts...if you have any trade talks that you would like to do, I am staying tuned an extra 15 mins for your ear only after 11pm sharp when I am halting my talks for the season, Thank you all for being involved and it was a hoot but if it isn't sent in by 10:59 then I am sorry we don't have a deal. I am of course going to get out of my talks one by one, if your missed it was by accident!

Night all and C2X: if you want to take a moment for your club, I am listening for 15 more mins..you have been tied up!

Cheers and Happy Deadline Everyone!!! Good luck to the playoff hopefulls!

• Vintage 2

38 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Alright guys, eyes starting to blur and mistakes are starting to be made. Gotta call it a night, I'll post the rest tomorrow.

Anything submitted and agreed to by 11:59pm is a valid trade.  If it's not confirmed until 12:00am, then it missed the deadline and it's deleted.

Thankyou commish for donating this day of your time for the League, much appreciated!

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Thanks to all GMs with whom I had trade discussions - there was a definite sense of camaraderie this year, and I was sad not to get some deals done with GMs who I've not yet worked with. I suspect the summer will be a very busy one!

DETROIT RED WINGS - REVISED ROSTER

Brock Nelson - Jack Eichel - Brock Boeser

Jakub Vrana - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Blake Coleman

Mats Zuccarello - Ryan Strome - Dylan Strome

Anthony Beauvillier - Chandler Stephenson - Matthias Janmark

William Carrier - Richard Panik

Quinn Hughes - Darnell Nurse

Noah Hanifin - Troy Stecher

Brendan Dillon - Braydon Coburn

Chad Ruhwedel

John Gibson - Tristan Jarry

• Like 2

I go to a hockey game last night and I make a trade for a player, and he is dinged up but not to serious and then I wake up and he is out 6-8 weeks. I should change my avatar to ARBY as I have had a crazy rash of injuries this season. Every GM gets a turn at getting kicked between the legs due to injuries and this year it was my turn.  #$&!#happens 

1 hour ago, Ty Webb said:

I go to a hockey game last night and I make a trade for a player, and he is dinged up but not to serious and then I wake up and he is out 6-8 weeks. I should change my avatar to ARBY as I have had a crazy rash of injuries this season. Every GM gets a turn at getting kicked between the legs due to injuries and this year it was my turn.  #$&!#happens 

Me too bro, at least 4 players injured all season long... I feel ya

7 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Calgary Flames have made a trade with the Washington Capitals.

To CGY:

small.png Evander Kane

small.png Matt Roy

To WSH:

small.png Nazem Kadri
small.png Dylan Samberg

small.png CGY 2020 3rd Round Draft Selection

small.png CGY 2021 3rd Round Draft Selection

Really good pickup @da.moose

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Washington Capitals have made a trade with the Vegas Golden Knights.

To WSH:

small.png Mikko Koskinen (50% salary retained thru 2020-21 season)

To VGK:

small.png WSH 2021 1st Round Draft Selection

Another sneaky good move moose. Our potential first round matchup could be fun. :lol:

Now we all just have to wait to see where the chips will fall.

Edited by Rush17
  • Cheers 1

image.jpeg.08570816335b753d6480dd70facbf565.jpeg

Post Deadline Presser.

Well, with some good, some bad and some ugly, the Rangers cobbled together 8 trades since the 22nd, 7 of them yesterday, for this years deadline.

We brokered a pretty complex deal that involved RoR and Faulk, with some big pieces coming back in, however it was a stretch with three clause waivings required in order to get it to come together and in the end, it did not work out. My thanks to the other GM for the work and the process. Moving on from that concept, and during the wait time to hear back from the various players, we determined to flip the bottom bunk, so to speak. 

What happened then, by accident, was that we managed to keep the best players while moving and refreshing the pantry down the depth chart from them. 

Outgoing: 

Joonas Korpisalo, Mark Boroviecki, NYR4th 2021, Duncan Siemens, Brett Pollock

Brett Ritchie

Evan Rodriguez

Colin Wilson, Andrej Sekera, Christian Djoos, Brandon Manning, Rob O'Gara

Bobby Ryan

Mattias Janmark

Conditional 3rd 2021

Incoming:

Jimmy Vesey, Cody Eakin, Jujhar Khaira, Matt Benning, 

Pheonix Copley, Joseph Woll, Brayden Burke, Dmytro Timashov, Connor Carrick, Austin Czarnik, Mich Eliot, Louis Domingue, Danil Yurtaikan, Filip Westerlund, Parker Wotherspoon

Tim Soderlund, Michael Gidon

Det 2nd 2021, ARI 4th 2020, WPG 4th 2020, MON 4th 2021

Nothing here would come close to a blockbuster in their individual deals, however we managed to get younger, by moving out two great guys, but whose contracts were upside down for us due to age and production this year. We lost a couple late round picks, 3 or 4 great pieces of our club and some additional fine young men who can play the game well! I wish all our outgoing talent a great end to the year and an awesome future ahead for them all! 

On the incoming side of the ledger: we addressed specific ills on our roster by getting deeper than ever before. 

Incoming Roster Players:

Jimmy Vesey is 26 and signed through next year with Buffalo

Cody Eakin is 28 and is Winnipeg's 2nd line center while they deal with some injuries.

Jujhar Khaira is a 25 year old RFA playing with Edmonton

Matt Benning is a 25 year old RFA Dman playin in Edmonton

With a dozen prospects coming with them and 4 draft picks as well, this deadline was all about adding depth depth depth. We did that while accidentally hanging onto Ryan O'Reilly, Justin Faulk and Semyon Varlamov! That may be our biggest success of the deadline, and quite by fluke!

THanks again to everyone we touched upon last night: good talks were had with all, and there were many more that didn't come to fruition: those were fun too though. Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 2