The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

6 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

allready happend tonight  ...san jose is also coming closer   

some guys close to return though , ullmark , perreault  ..no news on lindholm though

atkinson , zadina and guddy are out for one more week or so 

at the end ... should i be happy for making the playoffs .. or a possible top draft pick? 

Whatever will happen will happen. You can be happy with either result ;)

• Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

allready happend tonight  ...san jose is also coming closer   

some guys close to return though , ullmark , perreault  ..no news on lindholm though

atkinson , zadina and guddy are out for one more week or so 

at the end ... should i be happy for making the playoffs .. or a possible top draft pick? 

Think about how last year felt, and be proud of your team’s improvements! You’ve done so well this year!

Drafting Tarasenko and Schwartz, and finding Binnington made me a St Louis fan in real life. Your improvements and success this year have me turning to a St Louis fan in the GML ::D.

ps - sorry about Lindholm, that’s never the way want a trade to happen. Same thing happened to me with Klefbom, who’s just started skating. I hope he returns strongly and quickly. #healhampus

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, greensman said:

Think about how last year felt, and be proud of your team’s improvements! You’ve done so well this year!

Drafting Tarasenko and Schwartz, and finding Binnington made me a St Louis fan in real life. Your improvements and success this year have me turning to a St Louis fan in the GML ::D.

ps - sorry about Lindholm, that’s never the way want a trade to happen. Same thing happened to me with Klefbom, who’s just started skating. I hope he returns strongly and quickly. #healhampus

thank you sir 

i guess i have  a good squad there. i know that for some gm´s my petey move probably looked odd.

but i still have zadina and kyrou there ..i m sure they will turn out in  good players in the next years

and with scheifele i got a point per game player in return  who is in his best age.

further i  i m sure i avoided a brutal offer sheet from curt when petey would have become a pending free agent  :lol:

4 1st round picks are nice .. but the jets are a top team in the league so this would have been late first rounders

scheifele is good and on very good contract

i ll post a report in the next days ...regarding deals and stuff  

2 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Congrats!

Ironically, this made possible by a number of not at all big nights from real life Canucks... :picard:

This is why I try not to invest too heavily in RL Canucks. Just can't handle that much heartbreak :lol:

• Haha 3

IMO our young Canucks team earned above expectations worth of points to get to the level where they lost 4 games in a row and sit in the 2nd WC spot still, AND have a couple games in hand on most of the west competition for playoff spots. Disappointing to lose 4 in a row? YES. Amazing that they can lose 4 in a row and still be in good positioning this late in the season? ALSO YES!!! (*clearly though we need to address our record when we have the last change in away games, there is something there that can be tweaked for sure)

GO Canucks GO!

• Cheers 2

On 3/4/2020 at 2:42 PM, theo5789 said:

Hey fellow GMs,

I'm glad to sign my contract as the new GM of the Flyers. It'll take me a few days to get things in order, but feel free to throw me any proposals as I look into the direction I would like to take this team in.

Just remember that if you swindle me in a deal, you will have to face this in your nightmares

Looking Up Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Welcome Theo! I could use a guy like Gritty to clean up my nightmares, thanks! Great idea!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Brett Pesce will miss the remainder of the season.. including playoffs.

ZUhzy8b.png

Pesce has been an integral part of our D core. We are happy to hear his shoulder has been repaired and we look forward to him returning to our line up next season.

We wish Brett a speedy recovery! 

I know that feel bruh :(

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

IMO our young Canucks team earned above expectations worth of points to get to the level where they lost 4 games in a row and sit in the 2nd WC spot still, AND have a couple games in hand on most of the west competition for playoff spots. Disappointing to lose 4 in a row? YES. Amazing that they can lose 4 in a row and still be in good positioning this late in the season? ALSO YES!!! (*clearly though we need to address our record when we have the last change in away games, there is something there that can be tweaked for sure)

GO Canucks GO!

Yes they've played well for the majority of the season. This is a pretty awful time to get in this kind of rut, especially when they've given away leads in the third period.  They have 2 games in hand on their competition, that's true.  Unfortunately, that was also true two other times this past month and they lost all 4 of them, in regulation to boot. Games in hand only matter if you get points out of them.

People act like they were expected to miss the playoffs.  That may be true for some people, but not all.  A lot of people expected them to make it, myself included.  They have to get their act together quickly if they're going to now.

On 3/4/2020 at 2:42 PM, theo5789 said:

Hey fellow GMs,

I'm glad to sign my contract as the new GM of the Flyers. It'll take me a few days to get things in order, but feel free to throw me any proposals as I look into the direction I would like to take this team in.

Just remember that if you swindle me in a deal, you will have to face this in your nightmares

Looking Up Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Welcome @theo5789 to CDCGML, best of luck with the Flyers during your tenure.

Oh and you haven't seen my wife, I would welcome something tame like Gritty in my nightmares for once, like a teddy bear....really....( hears a noise and turns head, looking back oh no oh no she's coming this way :unsure::shock::sadno: ) I have to go now guys.....:sadno:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Yes they've played well for the majority of the season. This is a pretty awful time to get in this kind of rut, especially when they've given away leads in the third period.  They have 2 games in hand on their competition, that's true.  Unfortunately, that was also true two other times this past month and they lost all 4 of them, in regulation to boot. Games in hand only matter if you get points out of them.

People act like they were expected to miss the playoffs.  That may be true for some people, but not all.  A lot of people expected them to make it, myself included.  They have to get their act together quickly if they're going to now.

That is very true: perspective is everything. I had, last summer, already thought they were a year away from a meaningful shot at a wildcard spot, and so from my perspective, they are doing amazingly well! Most recent 4 games aside. *funny enough if the last 4 outcomes were the opposite the club would be at the very top of the Pacific Standings right now. Its sweet that they can lose four and still be sitting in a playoff berth, as I think the "top of the pac" would be overly ambitious, I think we are splitting hairs on 2,4 or 6 points being the happy medium of what they "should'' have done. Such a small sample size that I don't think it is indicative of much. Now the away record: that is a correlation thing there. We tend to lose way more when we change last before a faceoff. Must be addressed. 

2 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

That is very true: perspective is everything. I had, last summer, already thought they were a year away from a meaningful shot at a wildcard spot, and so from my perspective, they are doing amazingly well! Most recent 4 games aside. *funny enough if the last 4 outcomes were the opposite the club would be at the very top of the Pacific Standings right now. Its sweet that they can lose four and still be sitting in a playoff berth, as I think the "top of the pac" would be overly ambitious, I think we are splitting hairs on 2,4 or 6 points being the happy medium of what they "should'' have done. Such a small sample size that I don't think it is indicative of much. Now the away record: that is a correlation thing there. We tend to lose way more when we change last before a faceoff. Must be addressed. 

In October I was of the mindset they may push for a Playoff spot but are not quite there yet. But seeing how the season has unfolded and how much impact someone like Hughes has had I think at this point it would be a disappointment if they fell short ( any year for me anyways ). Was not expecting Markstrom to be full-on playing for a new contract mode but that has worked out well.

I still think the team needs to be retaining their prospect pool and growing it, so as much as it was a shrewd move to land Toffoli I would be expecting he re-signs otherwise it leaves a tinge of sour on the ole taste buds. This is where i can't stand some on 650 going on about the window and the time being now to add and buy, yes once you get to the Playoffs anything can happen but the team needs further NHL depth on the back end, needs another round at the least of prospects coming up so they can be an annual threat. I would not be trading Demko at all over the off season and I would be trying to continue adding to the team's scoring.

End of the day I think realistically they will likely be in the Playoffs this season, would be nice to see Brock get some ice as well as Marky and let's enjoy the ride. There pieces namely Stetcher, Tanev that need to move along should upgrades become available. Stetcher has been in a lesser role all season and still struggling with some of the basics, I get it he had some big point games of late and I love him as much as the next " die hard " fan. 

3 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I still think the team needs to be retaining their prospect pool and growing it, so as much as it was a shrewd move to land Toffoli I would be expecting he re-signs otherwise it leaves a tinge of sour on the ole taste buds. This is where i can't stand some on 650 going on about the window and the time being now to add and buy, yes once you get to the Playoffs anything can happen but the team needs further NHL depth on the back end, needs another round at the least of prospects coming up so they can be an annual threat. 

Especially if we re-sign Toffoli, I'd be pretty shocked to not see us move some of our forward depth for a D at some point. 

IMO there's little chance we'd eventually go forward with Boeser, Toffoli, Virtanen and Podkolzin as our RW depth. Somebody there is getting moved/packaged for a D.

8 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Welcome @theo5789 to CDCGML, best of luck with the Flyers during your tenure.

Oh and you haven't seen my wife, I would welcome something tame like Gritty in my nightmares for once, like a teddy bear....really....( hears a noise and turns head, looking back oh no oh no she's coming this way :unsure::shock::sadno: ) I have to go now guys.....:sadno:

Like I said to @Primal Optimist earlier, Gritty's services are available for whatever your needs may be for a 2nd round pick.

• Haha 1