The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

A couple of us have been talking just a smidge about an idea, so gauging interest here: 

just for grins and a little extra braggin rights for this odd season only; any interest in picking the winners of the playin round? I figure if i track it, we could have a little fantasy pool during our fantasy pool for these playoffs: you pick the winner of each series in the GML playin/playoffs and I will track it until the cup is handed out. PIcking correct series winner gets 2 points with a bonus point for guessing how many games. Easy. Everything else is tracked by me, like 10 mins work per series, so no biggee. Winner gets nothing towards the purchase of a 12 ounce tim hortons coffee, and braggin rights for picking the brackets the best out of all of us. 

Side note: the stats of who likes what series will be taken into Rush's layout for the series as hinted at above in his post, which is the driving factor for doing the little mini game in thread. Like when I look at the Raiders matchup page on NFL.com it will show 70% lean Chiefs to win....30% lean Raiders.... for every matchup these playoffs. I like that idea, for added fun, and no slights to clubs intended...folks will pick what they think and the data will be displayed. (*if we do this you can pick in thread or send private message to me, for tthose who don't want to be ID'd to their exact picks)

So first of all: would you mind ExEC if this occurred with no work being done by you, and then is anyone interested in it? if no interest of course it ends here. Thanks

Just a little idea Rush and I were talking about, that I like, and he is doing good work with the graphics, IMO, thanks for that Rush

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Rush just pointed out we wont have 3 four or 5 game endings to our series so if there is interest I will use blow out for 3 games, tight matchup for 5 games and a steady growing lead but not a blowout status one for 4 games. 

Sounds easy anyways if there is interest. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 7:36 AM, canuck2xtreme said:

Awaiting reply from:

Atlantic                       Metro                            Central                          Pacific

Boston                        Carolina                        Chicago                       Anaheim

Buffalo                       Columbus                     Colorado                      Arizona

Detroit                        New Jersey                   Dallas                          Calgary

Florida                        NY Islanders                 Minnesota                   Edmonton

Montreal                    NY Rangers                   Nashville                     Los Angeles

Ottawa                       Philadelphia                  St. Louis                       San Jose

Tampa Bay                 Pittsburgh                     Winnipeg                    Vancouver

Toronto                       Washington                                                       Vegas

@Ty Webb @winterhawks @Winter Soldier @RL. @theminister

A little late to the party but Ottawa is present and ready for the play-in round.

I will post my roster later today.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, theminister said:

What a weird playin this current situation gives us.

The GML teams with players on top 4 seeds are almost guaranteed to have less games played. It's almost a punishment. 

I'm not debating that this is the way to do it but it is super bizarre.

Not too different than the punishment of having players on a team that wins its series in 4 vs going to a game 7 imo.

Arizona Coyotes 2020 Playoff Roster

Huberdeau - Aho - Teravainen

Palat - Staal - Hornqvist

Sheary - Brassard - Donskoi

Fast - Paquette - Boyle

Mikeyev - Gaudette

Bogosian - Hedman

Cernak - Rielly

Hamhuis - Stralman

Sekera

Grubauer

Nedelkovic

Black Aces: Tyler Motte, Colin Wilson (inj), Lucas Elvenes, Markus Hannikainen, Brandon Dubinsky (inj), Calle Rosen, Andreas Borgman, Emil Larmi, Callum Booth, Brandon Manning,

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 2:03 PM, theminister said:

What a weird playin this current situation gives us.

The GML teams with players on top 4 seeds are almost guaranteed to have less games played. It's almost a punishment. 

I'm not debating that this is the way to do it but it is super bizarre.

In the immortal words of Todd Bertuzzi...

• Haha 2

Activity check update!!

Awaiting reply from:

Atlantic                       Metro                            Central                          Pacific

Boston                        Carolina                        Chicago                       Anaheim

Buffalo                       Columbus                     Colorado                      Arizona

Detroit                        New Jersey                   Dallas                          Calgary

Florida                        NY Islanders                 Minnesota                   Edmonton

Montreal                    NY Rangers                   Nashville                     Los Angeles

Ottawa                       Philadelphia                  St. Louis                       San Jose

Tampa Bay                 Pittsburgh                     Winnipeg                    Vancouver

Toronto                       Washington                                                       Vegas

@Ty Webb @Winter Soldier @RL. @Brunners

Edited by canuck2xtreme
  • Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 2:16 PM, Primal Optimist said:

A couple of us have been talking just a smidge about an idea, so gauging interest here: 

just for grins and a little extra braggin rights for this odd season only; any interest in picking the winners of the playin round? I figure if i track it, we could have a little fantasy pool during our fantasy pool for these playoffs: you pick the winner of each series in the GML playin/playoffs and I will track it until the cup is handed out. PIcking correct series winner gets 2 points with a bonus point for guessing how many games. Easy. Everything else is tracked by me, like 10 mins work per series, so no biggee. Winner gets nothing towards the purchase of a 12 ounce tim hortons coffee, and braggin rights for picking the brackets the best out of all of us. 

Side note: the stats of who likes what series will be taken into Rush's layout for the series as hinted at above in his post, which is the driving factor for doing the little mini game in thread. Like when I look at the Raiders matchup page on NFL.com it will show 70% lean Chiefs to win....30% lean Raiders.... for every matchup these playoffs. I like that idea, for added fun, and no slights to clubs intended...folks will pick what they think and the data will be displayed. (*if we do this you can pick in thread or send private message to me, for tthose who don't want to be ID'd to their exact picks)

So first of all: would you mind ExEC if this occurred with no work being done by you, and then is anyone interested in it? if no interest of course it ends here. Thanks

Just a little idea Rush and I were talking about, that I like, and he is doing good work with the graphics, IMO, thanks for that Rush

General thoughts peeps?

In the pool website, can anyone explain to me what the symbols means after the point totals? Like why is there an "!" or "x" beside it? Also is there a way to see the players full point totals for the season since some of the point breakdowns seem to be split?

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

In the pool website, can anyone explain to me what the symbols means after the point totals? Like why is there an "!" or "x" beside it? Also is there a way to see the players full point totals for the season since some of the point breakdowns seem to be split?

The ! And x are based on all the players in a certain slot.

I.e. if the player in your 1 slot has !, It means he's to best of all players in a 1 slot. 

X means he's below average compared to others in a 1 slot.

Hit expand all, then search the players name to see how many points he earned on all teams. Doesn't account for players that spent time in the minors. Not sure if there's a way around that.

• Thanks 1