The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

The round robin teams will just be re seeded. Wanted to show them where they are at after each day. As Greens said. :)

Waiting until the conclusion of day 2 before worrying is probably wise. Most if not all game 1 matches will be complete by end of day 2. I for example only had 5 players active last night and I will have upwards or 12-14 tonight. 

As an example though: 

EAST ROUND ROBIN   EAST ROUND ROBIN  
  #1 small.png NEW JERSEY   WASHINGTON small.png #2   #1 small.png VANCOUVER   WINNIPEG small.png #2  
  7 PTS   26 PTS   43 PTS   10 PTS  
    VS       VS    
  #3 small.png DETROIT   FLORIDA small.png #4   #3 small.png ARIZONA   NASHVILLE small.png #4  
  33 PTS   11 PTS   26 PTS   23 PTS  

You already know this I am sure but I feel like explaining it anyways lol:

Let's say this round ended today the teams would be re-seed DET #1, WSH #2, FLA, #3, and NJ #4. which would mean DET (you) would play the lowest remaining seed out of the teams through 5-12. So DET (you) in theory would have to play one of: PHI #12, PIT #11, CAR #10, OTT #9, or MTL #8 in round 1 of the actual playoffs. (The play-in teams would be "relabelled as seeds 5-8 in each conference too due to the play-in not being an official playoff round even though they are counting play-in points as playoff points... silly nhl lol)

Edited by Rush17
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, greensman said:

Ouch, that looks like Scheifele out for the series. That looked like an acl/mcl to me. Replay looked like maybe an ankle... 

12 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

scheifele injury hurts :(

My first thought when he started twitching was “Bomba!!!! Noooooooooo!” :sadno:

• Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, theminister said:

Good luck, @Canuck Surfer

Well, U'kno...

Happy to give our young players a chance to play when it matters? :wub:

Blushing aside regarding this opportunity presenting itself. Which we did not expect. An extra chance to play is what it is about. Icing on the cake would see Shesterkin play some games! If Tyler Benson, or Nic Hague start to surface? 

But yes, good luck!

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

On a good note, it probably means Harkins gets in the lineup for me. So there's that silver lining ::D

4 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

mine was similar, but different.

:bigblush:

Latest News

Aug 2, 11:51 PM EDT

Scheifele (leg) is doubtful for Monday's game against Calgary but his injury doesn't appear to be serious, Sara Orlesky of TSN.ca reports.

Analysis

This is probably the best possible news for Scheifele and the Jets after how serious the injury seemed to be. Unfortunately, it seems that the 27-year-old still could miss both Games 2 and 3 on Monday and Tuesday.

:bigblush: there is a little hope if the jets make it to games 4 and 5

further i still have ehlers and perreault 

Edited by Bombastik der Teutone
  • Cheers 1

GML PLAYOFF POINTS UPDATE (DAY 2)

Eastern Conference (NHL) - Wikipedia

Western Conference (NHL) - Wikipedia

#1 small.png NEW JERSEY   WASHINGTON small.png #2   #1 small.png VANCOUVER   WINNIPEG small.png #2  
  17 Points   37 Points   71 Points   16 Points  
    VS       VS    
  #3 small.png DETROIT   FLORIDA small.png #4   #3 small.png ARIZONA   NASHVILLE small.png #4  
  33 Points   23 Points   36 Points   23 Points  

2020 Playoffs: Qualifying & Round Robin Schedules — The Fourth Period

EAST SERIES 1   WEST SERIES 1  
  #8 small.png MONTREAL   OTTAWA small.png #9   #8 small.png ST LOUIS   LAS ANGELES small.png #9  
  25 Points VS 15 Points   26 Points VS 17 Points  
  EAST SERIES 2   WEST SERIES 2  
  #5 small.png BOSTON   PHILADELPHIA small.png #12   #5 small.png DALLAS   EDMONTON small.png #12  
  63 Points VS 50 Points   49 Points VS 34 Points  
  EAST SERIES 3   WEST SERIES 3  
  #7 small.png BUFFALO   CAROLINA small.png #10   #7 small.png COLORADO   SAN JOSE small.png #10  
  34 Points VS 33 Points   43 Points VS 33 Points  
  EAST SERIES 4   WEST SERIES 4  
  #6 small.png COLUMBUS   PITTSBURGH small.png #11   #6 small.png CALGARY   ANAHEIM small.png #11  
  38 Points VS 36 Points   34 Points VS 59 Points  

Updated when possible, but please refer to pick up for latest results.

Points from Day 1 and 2 are combined.

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

A new day, a new opportunity for points! I am really looking forward to the Canes - Rangers game here in an hour. I wish Pesce was healthy but this series has been highly entertaining even without me having players actively in either lineup! Look forward to yet another fun day battling @ActionJax09 ! So far after 1 game my predictions for the GML Mini Game are 3 for 8 lol. It's early still :D At least 2 more games ie 4 more days of competition before any teams are eliminated! GL to my competitor! Look forward to watching Panarin for you this morning! The rangers will be expecting big things from him. I am sorry to say i hope that doesnt happen haha. 

Canucks get a day to reset. I think they will do okay folks. Give them some time to adjust. The kids started to show they were adapting to the playoff environment around them in the third. Wish you all a great BC day! Go have fun out there! Stay safe. See you all tonight with the updated point totals!  A few of us are chilling in the discord, feel free to join us throughout the day for some live hockey reaction/talk. 

On 8/1/2020 at 9:47 AM, Primal Optimist said:

GML Fantasy inside the Fantasy Hockey Contest.
East:

25 (___33.3%___) 3 MON vs OTT 6 (_______66.6%_______) 15

63 (________77.8%________) 7 BOS vs PHI 2 (__22.2%__) 50

34 (_11.1%_) 1 BUF vs CAR 8 (_________88.9%_________)  33

38 (______55.6%______) 5 CBJ vs PIT 4 (____44.4%____) 36

West:

26 (______55.6%______) 5STL vs LAK 4 (____44.4%____) 17

49 (__________100%__________) 9 DAL vs EDM: 0 (0%) 34

43 (__________100%__________) 9 COL vs SJS 0 (0%) 33

34 (_________88.9%_________) 8 CGY vs ANA 1 (_11.1%_) 59

Now with Points from game one added. Montreal, Buffalo and Anaheim proving the haters wrong. Philly Pittsburgh and San Jose are putting up a fight, and with L.A. and Edmonton doing well to keep it close, it is anyone's guess by the end of the series. 

I did hear a bad stat yesterday: 81% of the time in a best of 5, the team winning game 1 ends up winning the series. Will this COVID edition change the dynamic? It is the third great day of hockey in Canada and around the world! Get some!

Edited by Primal Optimist

17 Points   37 Points   71 Points   16 Points  
    VS       VS    
  33 Points   23 Points   36 Points   23 Points  

So after Day 1 and 2 we have WSH leading the east in points followed by DET, FLA, then NJ.

In the west we have VAN lapping the field ahead of ARZ, NSH, and then WPG. 

Lots of storylines heading into game too. Aho is garnering a lot of points today for ARZ. So far it looks like a 2 horse race in each conference. It is a scary thought NJ and WPG both could theoretically be 4th seeds in their division going up against whomever the 5th seed may be in each respective conferences. Fun times ahead!

In the EAST play-in we have 2 very close series between BUF/CAR and CBJ/PIT with only 1 and 2 points separating the clubs. Out west there is a bit more separation with a 9 point gap between STL/LAK and a 10 point gap between COL/SJS.  There is a high octane match going on between Boston and Philly out east where the score is 63-50 for PHI. The biggest point gap is out west between ANA/CGY where ANA leads 59-34 (a 25 point lead). We are in for some fun matches in day 3!  

OUTDATED

Edited by Rush17

GML PLAYOFF POINTS UPDATE (DAY 3)

46 Points (-34)   78 Points (-2)   88 Points (+16, +24, +42)   46 Points (-42)  
    VS       VS    
  80 Points (+2, +21, +34)   59 Points (-21)   72 Points (-16)   64 Points (-24)  

2020 Playoffs: Qualifying & Round Robin Schedules — The Fourth Period

EAST SERIES 1   WEST SERIES 1  
  #8 small.png MONTREAL   OTTAWA small.png #9   #8 small.png ST LOUIS   LAS ANGELES small.png #9  
  53 Points (-8) VS 61 Points (+8)   36 Points (T) VS 36 Points (T)  
  EAST SERIES 2   WEST SERIES 2  
  #5 small.png BOSTON   PHILADELPHIA small.png #12   #5 small.png DALLAS   EDMONTON small.png #12  
  76 Points (-16) VS 92 Points (+16)   81 Points (+41) VS 40 Points (-41)  
  EAST SERIES 3   WEST SERIES 3  
  #7 small.png BUFFALO   CAROLINA small.png #10   #7 small.png COLORADO   SAN JOSE small.png #10  
  38 Points (-2) VS 40 Points (+2)   53 Points (+11) VS 42 Points (-11)  
  EAST SERIES 4   WEST SERIES 4  
  #6 small.png COLUMBUS   PITTSBURGH small.png #11   #6 small.png CALGARY   ANAHEIM small.png #11  
  69 Points (T) VS 69 Points (T)   53 Points (-8) VS 61 Points (+8)  

Updated when possible, but please refer to pick up for latest results.

Points from Days 1, 2, and 3 are combined. Add point gap tonight for fun, may not be done in future we will see!

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

If anyone is interested in playing the NHL.com brackets...I made a CDC Fantasy Hockey league. 

Easy and looks after itself, play if you wanna, hope you do. 

canucks.png
CDC Fantasy GM's League

ignore the similar one with teh stanley cup image and a password..pw was a dumb idea and can't change it. 

it all starts here:

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/

Edited by Primal Optimist