The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

SIGNING: The Calgary Flames have signed Carl-Johan Lerby to a three year deal.

small.png Carl-Johan Lerby - 3 year, $3.45 million dollar contract ($1.15 million per season)

A7170463-F3FB-42AB-A13E-7290F89423B6.gif

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

i just wanted to say that i m still alive. 

40° +  in germany at the moment ..its brutal 

It was the same here yesterday man :( it was horrible.

26 Celsius here and it devastates me....

my wife goes to Burning Man in the Nevada Desert every August/September, or a lot of them anyways, maybe not all of them...

I would be dead in 42* weather, and the desert gets up there in late August and early September...she has fun though and built a Swamp Cooler out of a pickle bucket and a computer fan with some huge industrial filter as a wick to bring water up the sides of the bucket to the tiny little computer fan...which bottom line draws all its energy for the 8 or 9 days she needs it from a single deep cycle marine battery that we recharge at home after and before use...and it reduces her air temperature in the tent by 12 degrees roughly from 42 to 30 for instance. Neat stuff eh? Zero waste too..she uses every part except literally the water over and over each year. lol

edit: i bet she could use much much less battery power but she also uses it to recharge her phone, tablet and other assorted things like a coffee maker...lol

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

i just wanted to say that i m still alive. 

40° +  in germany at the moment ..its brutal 

looking at your Bombastic Der Teuton character in your avatar, doing the splits...I assume it is to avoid "bag-leg" in that heat, hahaha

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

looking at your Bombastic Der Teuton character in your avatar, doing the splits...I assume it is to avoid "bag-leg" in that heat, hahaha

You need some 'ball park pouch' to prevent that 'bat wing' ;) :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Dallas Stars have made a trade with the Colorado Avalanche.

To DAL:

small.png Andrei Vasilevskiy

To COL:

small.png Thomas Greiss

small.png Joel Farabee

small.png Future Considerations

Shipping out a Vezina winner is always going to be a tough move to make. But we felt it only fair to ensure both starters got the playing time they both deserved and had to make a REALLY tough call on keeping just one guy. 

Thank you to GM @theminister for the amusing as always negotiations (particularly sorting out those FC's!). We wish Andrei all the best (except against the Avs) with the Stars, you've got a good (great actually) one there!

On a less bitter sweet note, we're THRILLED to be bringing Joel, a player we coveted and originally drafted, back in to the fold. We hated moving him last spring and couldn't be happier to have both him, and the pieces we added with him, all under our umbrella again. Welcome back home Joel!

And finally, we were determined to find a quality vet to tandem with/backup up Hart and help him through any rough patches as he embarks on his impressive, though young,  NHL career. We're excited to bring Thomas in, who is both an excellent goalie and person!

We'll do an updated roster soon :)

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Dallas Stars have made a trade with the Colorado Avalanche.

To DAL:

small.png Andrei Vasilevskiy

To COL:

small.png Thomas Greiss

small.png Joel Farabee

small.png Future Considerations

Extremely thrilled to bring in a core piece in Vasilevsky! At 25 years of age, we believe that his best days are still ahead of him despite his already huge successes.

Our organation's philosophy has always been to build from the net out and through the middle. Cementing the goaltender position behind a future core of Byram, Dobson, Valimaki and Cholowski, with Steel and Kunin at Center, gives us a solid base in our rebuild. This plan was successful in our tenure in New York, and this deal is reminiscent of us bringing in Tuukka Rask which changed the fortunes of that franchise.

It's clear that it's impossible to be a successful team in this league without strong netminding, and we've witnessed several teams make the mistake of not prioritizing goaltending. To move the team forward strongly we decided that it was worth the asset futures of a top young forward and a lottery-protected 1st.

When we came on a little over a year ago we made the controversial move to trade Jack Eichel and yet promised that we would not be a tanking team. This trade, and hopefully some success in the UFA market, will show our fans that we were serious about that statement.

Let's get the 2019-20 season started!

Edited by theminister
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Unless it’s a first overall pick, it doesn’t really matter, IMO. 

I love Farabee, but doubt he’ll end up an elite, top 10 forward in the league. Vasi is a top 3 goaltender, on a top 1 team. 

Minister wins everyday of the week.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

Unless it’s a first overall pick, it doesn’t really matter, IMO. 

I love Farabee, but doubt he’ll end up an elite, top 10  forward in the league. Vasi is a top 3 goaltender, on a top 1 team. 

Minister wins everyday of the week.

You were free to outbid him ;)