The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2019-20

canuck2xtreme

1 hour ago, Monty said:

After getting a vasectomy earlier this week, GM Monty did another crazy thing and not only made a huge trade, but decided to send it in 3 times.

Damn these extra strength Advil’s.

welcome to the club :wacko:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

SIGNING: The Buffalo Sabres have signed Nikita Gusev to a four year contract.

small.png Nikita Gusev - 4 year, $16 million dollar contract. ($4 million per season)

Woooo! We are very excited to add Nikita to the mix. The trade of Brock Boeser left us with a hole in our top 6 that we believe Nikita can step right in and fill. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lethunder said:

Woooo! We are very excited to add Nikita to the mix. The trade of Brock Boeser left us with a hole in our top 6 that we believe Nikita can step right in and fill. 

I am very surprised he got signed for 4M. I thought for sure he would have been a higher AAV target! Congrats thunder!  That is a good value signing! I'm curious to see how he translates to the NHL!

Edited by Rush17

2 hours ago, ActionJax09 said:

Should have came out to Vancouver to see Dr. Pollock. No Needle No scalpel!

Went to a similar guy in Winnipeg who’s been doing it for 27 years. Got to watch Seinfeld while he did the procedure. That helped.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

I am very surprised he got signed for 4M. I thought for sure he would have been a higher AAV target! Congrats thunder!  That is a good value signing! I'm curious to see how he translates to the NHL!

That's a lot of term for a guy who has never played in the NHL.

But with the European opt oiut clause, I like the gamble. 

Edited by theminister

Hey guys, so I found out today I don't earn enough to " have people for that " so looks like the wife and kid are being jerks and not doing the yard work. Unbelievable I know, so anyways I guess that leaves me.

A slew of signings incoming this evening.

Thanks

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

TRADE: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a trade with the Calgary Flames.

To TOR:

small.png Dylan Larkin

small.png Thomas Chabot

small.png Kristian Vesalainen

To CGY:

small.png Nazem kadri

small.png Erik Karlsson

small.png Oliver Wahlstrom

1424F4D5-8267-4ECD-95C4-D16EE2818B75.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Hey guys, so I found out today I don't earn enough to " have people for that " so looks like the wife and kid are being jerks and not doing the yard work. Unbelievable I know, so anyways I guess that leaves me.

A slew of signings incoming this evening.

Thanks

Gardens first my friend... gardens first. 

Plants before prospects.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

TRADE: The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a trade with the Calgary Flames.

To TOR:

small.png Dylan Larkin

small.png Thomas Chabot

small.png Kristian Vesalainen

To CGY:

small.png Nazem kadri

small.png Erik Karlsson

small.png Oliver Wahlstrom

Surprisingly, this trade came together very, very quickly between @gmen81 and myself. All in all, I think this is fair for both sides.

Larkin is miles better than Kadri, but Kadri plays on the Avs, which is where the benefit comes playoff time.

Karlsson is better than Chabot, due to the Shark factor and not the Ottawa factor. The salary cap hit is also a massive risk for me. But this is about immediate impact for the playoffs. And both Chabot and Larkin would not have helped come the playoffs, whereas Karlsson and Kadri will.

It became apparent once the base was agreed upon that there would need to be a little more happening, which was where Vesalainen and Wahlstrom came in. Vesalainen is going to help now, which is where I’m losing out in the short term. However, with Hellebuyck and Connor as Winnipeg rep, with Dylan Samberg in the waiting, I’m well suited for Winnipeg players. I think Wahlstrom had a down year and will likely turn it around quickly in Bridgeport next year.