The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Rangers sign Artemi Panarin

15 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

Panarin left money on the table too. Shows he's not just about the money. Rangers rebuild looking good adding panarin, fox, trouba and Kakko. Of course they have the advantage of free agents wanting to go there. 

Are you serious? LOL.

8 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Are you serious? LOL.

Half and half cause it's sort of a play on all the people who always call guys good character guys for caring about winning over breaking the bank and leaving money on the table. It's a fact panarin left money on the table, so he's one of those good character guys! 

Leaf fans go around telling people about the virtues of Tavares's for taking less money. I've seen them attack marner and saying he should follow Tavares example of taking less money for the good of the team. 

Edited by FireGillis
  • Cheers 1

Great player, deserves the 11 mil as long as he keeps playing the way he did last year. 

Could turn out to be the case of playing that way just to get a contract. 

2 hours ago, prix57 said:

Rangers looking good.

Lucked out getting Kakko as well.

Man I wish some luck would come our way for once...

ep40

brock

and hughes say hi

all likely would move up draft positions if redrafts were to be held

(well hughes maybe not yet.. but i believe in him :P)

Dang, Rangers just had the quickest rebuild ever.

Pretty impressive that to get Fox, Trouba and Panarin, all they gave up between those 3 is a 1st (which was Wpg's 1st anyways), a 3rd and Pionk.

Ziba-Chytil-Anderson down the middle

Panarin-Kakko-Kreider-Kravtsov-Buchnevich-Namestikov on the wings, that's a pretty sweet top 9. Their defense is a bit lacking still though, need to add a legit top 4 D *cough* Shattenkirk *cough*.

As for cap trouble for them, they're in a pretty good position actually, they are going to have over $13m come off the books in a couple years when Lundqvist and Staal are gone. Plus if they're smart, they should be able to package Shattenkirk off to a low cap team ala Marleau in a couple years if he continues his pilgrimage of suckitude. That's another $6.6m off the books.

Rags forward groups looks legit, especially in a couple of years, have one of the top prospect goalies in the world in Shestyrokin, really all they need to add is a good top 4 D.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BabychStache said:

Rags are looking really good this off season. Adding Fox, Kakko and Panarin?! Nice

Maybe they feel the core is already there, with support coming up through the system still. 

Will be interesting to see if pulling the pin on their aggressive, fast-track rebuild worked. 

1 hour ago, Quinn_Jet said:

Dang, Rangers just had the quickest rebuild ever.

Pretty impressive that to get Fox, Trouba and Panarin, all they gave up between those 3 is a 1st (which was Wpg's 1st anyways), a 3rd and Pionk.

Ziba-Chytil-Anderson down the middle

Panarin-Kakko-Kreider-Kravtsov-Buchnevich-Namestikov on the wings, that's a pretty sweet top 9. Their defense is a bit lacking still though, need to add a legit top 4 D *cough* Shattenkirk *cough*.

As for cap trouble for them, they're in a pretty good position actually, they are going to have over $13m come off the books in a couple years when Lundqvist and Staal are gone. Plus if they're smart, they should be able to package Shattenkirk off to a low cap team ala Marleau in a couple years if he continues his pilgrimage of suckitude. That's another $6.6m off the books.

Rags forward groups looks legit, especially in a couple of years, have one of the top prospect goalies in the world in Shestyrokin, really all they need to add is a good top 4 D.

None of their Centers are projecting to be elite 1C's..I'd say that they are pretty underwhelming as far as picks go..Rangers look very strong on the wings, and no elite prospects on D either...

Quickest rebuild ever?...I'm not convinced..I think they should have given themselves at least another year or two getting high lottery picks..but thats just my 2 cents.

Edited by Honky Cat