The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jordie Benn signs with Canucks

14 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

The extra real good part about this is that there should be no need to bring up Juolevi until he's legitimately ready and deserving of being here. 

I think he's likely called up mid season when Edler gets injured. Otherwise, it's Guillaume Brisebois.

• Upvote 1

• -SN- changed the title to [Signing] Jordie Benn signs with Canucks
17 minutes ago, FireGillis said:

Good deal. I'm in favour of stop gap 2 years low $ deals for players like these. 

2020-2021 season 

Edler Tryamkin

Hughes Myers

Juolevi Stecher

Benn

Tanev Moved to get our first back at the deadline given he will actually stay healthy as he finally has support in Myers.

a lot of people are missing out on this fact. The Myers deal gives Tanev support. He’s not going to have to be on the ice all the time now. This should help him stay healthy 

Edited by 18W-40C-6W
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

I like this signing. This is the kind of deal we should have been giving out over the last 3-4 years; short term with a manageable cap hit. If they don't work out (Schaller) it doesn't hurt us significantly and they provide cheap depth that can be moved for assets at some point. 

Interesting that there's trade protection, but I think it's more that he has a choice in where he goes.  Lots of our D prospects are approaching NHL readiness -- Juolevi, Sautner, Brisebois, Rafferty, plus Rathbone and Tryamkin could be here as soon as late-season this year.  Can probably foresee him being flipped at some point.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

2020-2021 season 

Edler Tryamkin

Hughes Myers

Juolevi Stecher

Benn

Tanev Moved to get our first back at the deadline given he will actually stay healthy as he finally has support in Myers.

a lot of people are missing out on this fact. The Myers deal gives Tanev support. He’s not going to have to be on the ice all the time now. This should help him stay healthy 

No one's giving a 1st up for Tanev.