The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jordie Benn signs with Canucks

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

A depth guy....I'd be interested in some meanness - a guy like Petrovic - who also has a heavy shot - and would be cheap.

Probably Nemeth as expected. Provides LD depth since we have Biega for RD depth.

This is great news. Jordie Benn can fight when needed and we are one step closer to landing Jamie Benn. Jamie is a sheriff and keeps everyone honest. With this lineup we would be a playoff contending team.

Benn Pettersson Boeser

Pearsons Horvat Miller

Leivo Gaudette Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Motte 

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stetcher 

Markstrom 

Demko 

Out: Sutter, Schaller, Granlund, Baertchi, 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

This is great news. Jordie Benn can fight when needed and we are one step closer to landing Jamie Benn. Jamie is a sheriff and keeps everyone honest. With this lineup we would be a playoff contending team.

Benn Pettersson Boeser

Pearsons Horvat Miller

Leivo Gaudette Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Motte 

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stetcher 

Markstrom 

Demko 

Don’t think we could fit this under the cap, but damn that would be a team I’d settle for 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

No, but GMJB pretty much needs to make the playoffs this year. If he doesn't, I can't see him being extended.

Why, because he didn't make the playoffs after having to not only completely rebuild but first tear down and transition the decrepit team he inherited, in just 5 years?  The team has improved in the standings the last three years, was a month away from making the playoffs, and has by every metric vastly improved in that time, not only on the ice but projecting forward with the young players we have and have coming.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Petrovic is a punching bag who got his ass kicked 3 times in ONE game by Kane last year. We have had enough punch bags in the past years...

?

You talking about 2016 when Petrovic was a Panther?

In any event, who cares?   I'm talking about a cheap 4.5 depth signing that hits, has some size, and uses it, not a designated Evander Kane fight card.

Edited by oldnews

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

?

You talking about 2016 when Petrovic was a Panther?

In any event, who cares?   I'm talking about a cheap 4.5 depth signing that hits, has some size, and uses it, not a designated Evander Kane fight card.

He has had his ass kicked by half the league. I have watched numerous of the beat downs from various opponents. He has the size, that's it. 

Edited by RRypien37

22 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Benn Pettersson Boeser

Pearsons Horvat Miller

Leivo Gaudette Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Motte 

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stetcher 

Markstrom 

Demko 

So Benn can play both the D and the F at the same time. That's quite impressive. 

2 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

He has had his ass kicked by half the league. I have watched numerous of the beat downs from various opponents. He has the size, that's it. 

Well I'll leave it with you to find your depth heavyweight facepuncher in free agency - name away - I don't particularly care that much if Petrovic has lost fights to Kane, or Martin.

I'm not expecting a Gudbranson as a depth signing in free agency.  You let me know if there is one out there for 7/8 money.

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Well I'll leave it with you to find your depth heavyweight facepuncher in free agency - name away - I don't particularly care that much if Petrovic has lost fights to Kane, or Martin.

I'm not expecting a Gudbranson as a depth signing in free agency.  You let me know if there is one out there for 7/8 money.

I'd rather pay a little more than the likes of Benn or Petrovic and go for McQuaid who will most likely make low 3's. 

OR Engelland who will prob get 1.5-2. Both VERY skilled fighters. 

If it was a 7/8 guy (who Petrovic is better than) I'd much rather grab Prout