The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jordie Benn signs with Canucks

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Maybe he talks his bro into coming as well. 

I wouldn't take Jamie here, unless they ate salary. 9.5 is heavy. Their owner is going to burn him in the media again and then be left with a situation of teams knowing they need to move him. Not a lot of teams have the space for 9.5 either. So watch them get screwed. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

If it's true that they're signing Benn, I doubt they'll be looking to spend that kind of money.

I think you can pretty much rule out a whole range of other guys as well as McQuaid - Stralman, Hainsey, Kronwall, probably Girardi, maybe even Chiarot = all likely to expensive as a 3rd signging.   Gunnarsson is gone, I imagine Engelland will also be.   Bortuzzo would be a nice addition but he has term.

I think the options at this point are more in the 7/8 range.

*Unless Benning has a Tanev trade lined up the next couple days...

6 hours ago, goblix said:

on signing a depth defence, I’m a meh for that. I think we have enough alright guys in the AHL that can hold their head above water as a bottom pairing player. 

You don't want kids as 7-8 D. You want them playing and developing, not sitting in the press box 3/4 of the year.

Just now, cuporbust said:

Report is he got him at 2 mil for 2 years 

I’m happy with that, not a huge Benn fan, seems to play great against Vancouver but at that price, I’m cool with it!

• Upvote 1

Good job. Depth d-man that can play a full season, but also someone we can probably sit out a few if we want to try out some of the kids a little. I like him way more that Biega as a depth guy. Nothing against Biega, but an upgrade for sure in my mind.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Spoosh said:

Good job. Depth d-man that can play a full season, but also someone we can probably sit out a few if we want to try out some of the kids a little. I like him way more that Biega as a depth guy. Nothing against Biega, but an upgrade for sure in my mind.

He’s more of a replacement for Hutton, Biega will still be our 7/8th guy

• Upvote 1

Like everyone else is saying, this is a great signing if those numbers are legit. 

Can almost guarantee that Hutton will get paid more than that.

I really like what the Canucks [might] accomplish in free agency this year. 

So, when are we signing Brock? Surprised there hasn't been more talk about this.