The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is your 2019-2020 projected lineup for the Canucks?

Rate this topic

Roberts

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Baertschi - Horvat - Pearson

Roussel- Sutter- Virtanen

Leivo - Beagle - Motte

MacEwen, Goldobin

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Biega, Fantenberg - with a tryout from Juolevi

Markstrom-Demko

Honestly, what I see from this roster is a good mix of size and appropriate (though not exactly staggering) amount of skill. To me there are still a lot of questions as to how guys will do both individually and together, and whether we have enough talent in our top six as well as whether or not we have enough scoring from the back end.

With all that said, barring another season of abnornally high injury rates, this looks like a solid, hard working team I expect to be capable of making the playoffs. Certainly better than what we iced last season.

Edited by kloubek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

I take it you started watching the Canucks post 2010 because that is beyond laughable. 

ha yea OMG

Shawn Antoski

Sergio Memeso

Gino?

Tim Hunter

Dana Murzyn

All on one team? Even the super star Pavel Bure laid out the mother of all elbows.

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

ha yea OMG

Shawn Antoski

Sergio Memeso

Gino?

Tim Hunter

Dana Murzyn

All on one team? Even the super star Pavel Bure laid out the mother of all elbows.

Don't even have to go that far. 

2009/10 team had: Desbiens, Hordichuk, Alberts, Rome, O'Brien, Rypien, Glass, Mitchell, Bieksa, Bernier

And early/mid 2000's had a TON of big and tough players. 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen

Baertschi-Gaudette-Sutter

Motte-Beagle-Leivo

Goldobin

Eriksson

Hughes-Myers

Edler-Stetcher

Benn-Tanev

Biega

Fratenburg

Minors

Schaller

IR

Roussel

I think we got a trade in the works either that or were putting Goldobin on waivers. 

38 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Don't even have to go that far. 

2009/10 team had: Desbiens, Hordichuk, Alberts, Rome, O'Brien, Rypien, Glass, Mitchell, Bieksa, Bernier

And early/mid 2000's had a TON of big and tough players. 

Holy crap thinking about that team is insane. That’s an entire squad of goons. And we were still a really good team.

Barring injuries, our centers are set: 1A-Elias 1B-Bo 3-Sutter 4-Beagle ....  no arguing available there.  I believe that Boeser is riding shotgun to Elias, and Pearson is doing so with Bo.  Sven has had a lot of chemistry in the past with Bo, Leivo acquitted himself very well with Elias.  JT Miller will push one of these guys out of their spot, most likely Sven who is more defensively sound then Leiv.  Sutter will have Motte and another defensive winger (probably Sven).  Virtanen fits in well with Jay Beagle or Sutter, but I'll put him on with Beagle.  That line should see plenty of minutes (much more then a traditional 4th line).  Gaudette is better served by playing top line minutes in Utica for his own development and then stepping in when a player goes down.  Hopefully both Granlund and LE are not on our roster, and they were both prominent penalty killers last year.  That means that the last spot goes to Schaller because of PK. 

JT Miller - Elias - Boeser 

Leivo - Horvat - Pearson 

Motte - Sutter - Baer 

Schaller - Beagle - Virtanen

12 minutes ago, Grape said:

Holy crap thinking about that team is insane. That’s an entire squad of goons. And we were still a really good team.

I wouldn't call them all goons. The only REAL goon on that listed was Hordi. 

This gets me every year. Making depth charts it’s fun I get it but the whole where does this guy go and oh no no room for so and so. When do they ever Ice a completely healthy team? People always think certain players are expendable and this and that. NO, injuries every year. Almost always someone is injured.

Depth Depth and more Depth that’s what a team needs and yes young players will get a chance too even if they are the 8 or 9 D or the 14 of 15 forward 

• Upvote 1

Miller - Pettersson - Goldobin

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser 

Leivo - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

Roussel (IR)

Edler - Stetcher

Hughes - Myers

Benn - Tanev

Markstrom

Demko

Eriksson, Baertschi and Sutter traded. 

Edited by Doogie

9 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

ha yea OMG

Shawn Antoski

Sergio Memeso

Gino?

Tim Hunter

Dana Murzyn

Don't forget Diduck, Sandlak, Dirk, Brashear and Jovo Cop. ::D

I see a lot of Hughes Myers pairings, but I think they should only be together on the PP. They're both PMD, so I'd rather see something like below so that our two PMDs can have some defensively-minded guys backing them up. 

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Edited by Jester13

I've left Eriksson and Baertschi out of the line ups as their playing status is unknown. My line-ups are as follows:

Miller -- Pettersson -- Boeser

Pearson -- Horvat -- Virtanen

Goldobin -- Sutter -- Leivo

Schaller -- Beagle -- Motte

Edler -- Stecher

Hughes -- Myers

Benn -- Tanev

Fantenberg -- Biega

Markstrom

Demko

Miller EP Boeser

Pearson Horvat *(Baertschi)

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

Leivo Beagle Motte

(Schaller Goldy Gaudette)

Baertschi in () because I think that's the most contested spot - could go to Virtanen, maybe even Goldobin if Baer isn't healthy.

Schaller probably moves into the lineup, with Leivo also moving up until Roussel returns.

I think they are likely to have 2 or 3 million cap - with no moves - with the potential that they move LE, Baertschi and/or Goldobin - in which case they probably target another RW - or placholder (until Pod arrives).

Edler Tanev

Hughes Myers

Benn Stecher

(Sautner Biega).

Will be interesting to see whether they keep an Edler Tanev shutdown pairing and utilize Myers with Hughes in an upside/ozone start role, or use Myers with Edler and Tanev with Hughes -my guess would be the former.

• Like 1

JT Miller - Pettersson - Brock 

Baertschi - Bo Horvat - Pearson

Roussel - Brandon Sutter - Leivo

Goldobin - Jay Beagle - Virtanen

Eriksson - Gaudette - Motte

Edler- Stecher

Hughes - Myers

Benn - Tanev

Juolevi - Biega

Markstrom

Demko

If you'd like, check out my depth chart thread and let me know what you think about the depth we have in the organization!

Miller         Pettersson    Boeser

Baertschi   Horvat          Virtanen

Pearson     Gaudette      Leivo

Roussel     Beagle         Motte

MacEwen

Goldy

Edler           Myers

Hughes       Tanev

Benn           Stecher

Biega

Markstrom    Demko

Trade Sutter + Eriksson (maybe Utica) 

Edited by Bure_Pavel

D pairings could go couple of ways but I don't think Hughs and Myers is one of them.

Could be;

Edler Myers 

Hughs Tanev

Benn Stecher 

I don't know how you could get Hughs and Benn together cause some one would be playing their off wing. For Benn it doesn't matter Cause he has played both sides during his whole career.

It would be nice cause Benn should bring the toughest to that pairing. But Myers needs to play the right so does Tanev, that leaves Stecher going to the right side and so far that's unproven.

I fully expect a Benn Tanev pairing on PK unit 1. Or They could do Benn Myers, And Edler Tanev so the toughest mins are split up. 

I hope that Green tries every thing on th PP unit 1. Not just Edler.

I suspect it will end up looking like either,

SB, EP, BB

Edler or hughs and Bo 

As the first unit

That would leave PP unit 2 looking like

TP, Miller, JV 

Edler or Hughs and Myers.

PK Unit 1

Sutter

Benn, Myers 

PK Unit 2

Beagle

Edler Tanev

The forwards would be dependent on who makes the Bottom 6 Gaud, Motte, Eriksson, Roussel, ???

AND as crunch time comes

Sutter Beagle

Benn Tanev

Forwards

I wouldn't be to surprised to see Green want to get the b line back together.

So, maybe something like this,

Baer, Bo and Boeser

Pearson Petty Miller ( he plays both wings and centre major reason why I like the trade)

Roussel Sutter Virtanen

Fourth line is a mix I think starts as 

Gaud, Beagle Eriksson if he is still here,

Motte as a 13

Goldy and Leivo???

I hope to see Eriksson, Leivo, Goldy and next years 2nd rounder traded to Ott or someone for a 6 or 7th round draft pick. 

• Upvote 1

How about a complete checking line made up of,

Roussel Sutter, Beagle( he has played wing before).

So your other line looks like;

Eriksson Guad Virtanen 

I like this cause with Sutter and Beagle offense goes to die. But Guad centring a line. This line would go up against the, weaker lines of other teams. Eriksson Guad and Virtanen might I say could compete against the weaker lines of other teams. 

Acheching line takes the defensive zone starts.

Guad line is pertected from bad defensive plays with Eriksson on it's line.

We have to stop thinking of how we have bad contracts and start thinking what there best utilization could be. 

Think about this if you put Goldy on a Guad line do you trust that line not to make defensive mistakes. I myself don't but Eriksson will help to prevent those mistakes and playing against weaker competition he might actually pot 15 goals. At the same time helping to support two young guys.

Edited by Arrow 1983