Sign in to follow this  
Roberts

What is your 2019-2020 projected lineup for the Canucks?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

On 8/28/2019 at 2:26 PM, Tyster said:

Pettersson Horvat Boeser 

Ferland Miller Pearson

Baertschi Gaudette Virtanen

Erickson Sutter Leivo

Beagle? I also would rather give Gaud 1st line minutes in Utica for now.

 

I was thinking along the same lines though:

Petey Horvat Boeser

Baertschi Miller Pearson

Ferland Sutter Virtanen

Leivo Beagle Eriksson

Goldobin and Motte are extras for the top 6 and bottom 6 respectively.

 

Moving Bo to 1st line center improves possession for his wingers, and allows Petey to work on his faceoffs without pressure. He can always return to center later but for now, this allows Bo extra time to show us he really is the 1st line player most of us knows he is and get max value out of his cheap contract.

 

I also put Ferland on the 3rd because I think Virtanen could learn a lot from him and that makes for one hell of an overpowering line to defend against. Baertschi gets another chance to show his skill as a top 6 player instead of stuck on a 3rd line type role where I don't think he will find the most success.

 

If we must keep Eriksson, he plays his defensive (yet physically absent) game on the 4th along with 2 other excellent defenders in Beagle and Josh. That line also has some scoring potential if the opportunity should arise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After seeing camp this weekend..

 

Ferland  Pettersson  Boucher :lol: (Boeser)

Goldobin  Horvat  Miller

Pearson  Sutter  Leivo?

Baertschi  Beagle  Motte 

 

Edler  Myers

Hughes  Tanev

Benn  Stecher

 

Markstrom

Demko

 

We saw the following combinations both scrimmages in Day's 2/3

Spoiler

 

Ferland - Pettersson - Blank

Goldobin - Horvat - Miller

Pearson? - Sutter - Levio?

Baertschi - Blank - Motte

 

I can't recall who Sutter's linemates were in Saturdays scrimmage. I'm kind of filling in the gap there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kloubek said:

Beagle? I also would rather give Gaud 1st line minutes in Utica for now.

 

I was thinking along the same lines though:

Petey Horvat Boeser

Baertschi Miller Pearson

Ferland Sutter Virtanen

Leivo Beagle Eriksson

Goldobin and Motte are extras for the top 6 and bottom 6 respectively.

 

Moving Bo to 1st line center improves possession for his wingers, and allows Petey to work on his faceoffs without pressure. He can always return to center later but for now, this allows Bo extra time to show us he really is the 1st line player most of us knows he is and get max value out of his cheap contract.

 

I also put Ferland on the 3rd because I think Virtanen could learn a lot from him and that makes for one hell of an overpowering line to defend against. Baertschi gets another chance to show his skill as a top 6 player instead of stuck on a 3rd line type role where I don't think he will find the most success.

 

If we must keep Eriksson, he plays his defensive (yet physically absent) game on the 4th along with 2 other excellent defenders in Beagle and Josh. That line also has some scoring potential if the opportunity should arise.

I like that lineup...but I don't think they move EP from centre...maybe put Miller on that line and get him to take some draws, but EP needs the freedom to roam that centre's have.

Ferland with Jake would give Jake the huevo's  to make more hits...it may even become a competition...

 

I also think we keep 14 forwards this year, but Goldy is going to play and Eriksson isn't...at least for long...I would put Motte on the 4th line and Goldy in Boeser's spot until he gets here and then see what's what....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ferland - Pettersson - Gaudette

Miller - Horvat - Baertschi

Pearson - Sutter - Goldobin

Virtanen - MacEwen - Leivo

 

we are so deep :o thats without Roussel, Boeser, Beagle and Motte.... oh and eriksson. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Ferland - Pettersson - Gaudette

Miller - Horvat - Baertschi

Pearson - Sutter - Goldobin

Virtanen - MacEwen - Leivo

 

we are so deep :o thats without Roussel, Boeser, Beagle and Motte.... oh and eriksson. 

 

Our depth is pretty crazy. Coaches will have a very difficult decision on who to sit. I could see an opening night lineup of the following:

 

Ferland - Petey - Boeser (he'll sign)

Goldie - Cap - Miller

Pearson - Gaudette - Sutter

Leivo - Beagle - Motte

 

I feel like Baer and Jake need a little more time to beat out any of the other guys. Or, one of them beat out Goldie for the spot in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on training camp I think we'll see something like this:

 

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Horvat - Baertschi (swappable with Pearson)

Pearson - Sutter - Leivo

Goldobin - Gaudette - Virtanen

Schaller/Motte

 

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Based on training camp I think we'll see something like this:

 

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Horvat - Baertschi (swappable with Pearson)

Pearson - Sutter - Leivo

Goldobin - Gaudette - Virtanen

Schaller/Motte

 

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

What about Jay Beagle?  I think Schaller will be waived and Gaudette will be in Utica IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is not too different from the rest but here it goes:

 

Ferland-Pettersson-Goldobin/Boeser (when Boeser returns)

Baertschi-Horvat-Miller

Pearson-Sutter-Leivo

Motte-Beagle-Virtanen

Schaller (until Boeser gets back)

 

IR:  Roussel

 

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Fantenberg, Biega

 

Markstrom, Demko

 

Obviously this assumes Eriksson gets demoted though I have a feeling that if that happens, then the Canucks will try to get him as close to Dallas as possible like they did with Gagner.  Gaudette will obviously start the year with Utica in this situation which, even if he has a great camp, seems like the right plan unless there's a good trade on the table that would open up a spot for him.  Same with Juolevi though I think it makes even more sense for him to start in Utica.

 

The above roster buys the Canucks time for what to do with Goldobin because even if Boeser signs before the season begins, my understanding is they could theoretically make everything fit on paper with Roussel on LTIR and demoting Schaller even if Boeser signs for around $7M per year.  If Boeser delays, then the Canucks may get to show case Goldobin and have more time to make a deal to make room for whomever they decide to keep.  The pressure will ramp up as Roussel gets closer to his return, but that's just how it is for the Canucks this season.

 

For once, the D seems pretty solid and I'm looking forward to seeing how they all gel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ferland Petey Boeser

Miller Horvat Pearson/Baerstchi

Pearson/Baertschi Sutter Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Leivo

 

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stetcher

 

Markstrom D

Demko

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going on a limb here and thinking that we'll see both of these (and obviously many others):

 

Ferland Petey Boeser               Ferland   Petey    Boeser

Pearson Horvat Miller               Goldi / Baer     Horvat    Miller

Baert  Sutter Virt                       Pearson       Sutter     Virt

LE    Beagle   Leivo                    LE         Beagle    Leivo

 

I think they'll start with Pearson on the second line with Bo but they'll be intrigued with a trial of Goldi on the second line.  Goldi has to score there or he's out in a hurry.  Baert otherwise moves in if Pearson isnt' keeping up the chemistry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dpn1 said:

What about Jay Beagle?  I think Schaller will be waived and Gaudette will be in Utica IMO.

Agree.  Gaudette will be first up though when Sutter gets injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna need a better third line center than Sutter going forward - if one of the top two guys get hurt - it's not a void he can fill even temporarily. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Gonna need a better third line center than Sutter going forward - if one of the top two guys get hurt - it's not a void he can fill even temporarily. 

If EP40 or Bo get hurt, I'd wager we see Miller move to C temporarily. Horvat moves up to 1C if it's Petey and Miller takes the 2C spot.  Or if it's Horvat, Miller simply slides over from wing.

 

If both get hurt, we'd be f'd regardless of Sutter, Miller etc :lol:

 

Sutter will be gone soon enough but he's fine for now as 3C until Gaudette shows he can actually drive a depth line.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sutter is no 2nd line c, but as mentioned, Miller would probably be our 2c in a pinch. Sutter may play just fine as 3c - we have to wait and see but he seems revitalized this preseason at least.

 

My last entry to this thread mixed it up with Horvat as 1c but I am fairly sure we will see something close to this opening night:

 

Ferland Petey Bess

Baer Horvat Miller

Pearson Sutter Virtanen

Leivo Beagle Eriksson

Goldie/Motte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EP Horvat Boeser

Pearson Sutter Miller

Baertschi Beagle LE

Roussel Motte Virtanen

 

Edler Tanev

Hughes Myers

Benn Stetcher

 

Markstrom D

Demko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ferlund -Petterson -Miller

Pearson - Bo- Boes

LE/Baert/Goldy - Sutter - Virt

Leivo -Beagle - Motte

 

Edler Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stech

 

 Marky

Demko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ferlund -Petterson -Miller

Pearson - Bo- Boes

Baert - Sutter - Virt

Leivo -Beagle - Motte

Goldy, 

Schaller/LE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barring any pre-season injuries:

 

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Miller

Pearson-Sutter-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Leivo

Extra: Eriksson/Goldobin

 

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Fantenberg

 

Markstrom

Demko

 

Waived/Traded:

Schaller

Biega — could be first call-up, or in AHL while players like Rafferty get looks when defense injuries occur

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Canadian said:

Barring any pre-season injuries:

 

Ferland-Pettersson-Boeser

Baertschi-Horvat-Miller

Pearson-Sutter-Virtanen

Motte-Beagle-Leivo

Extra: Eriksson/Goldobin

 

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tanev

Benn-Stecher

Fantenberg

 

Markstrom

Demko

 

Waived/Traded:

Schaller

Biega — could be first call-up, or in AHL while players like Rafferty get looks when defense injuries occur

Love it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pearson   horvat   miller   
baertschi  pettersson  boeser   
ferland   sutter   eriksson
virtanen   beagle   motte

 

goldobin, schaller
 

I see Pearson and Leivo as similar players.  One of them starts at LW with Horvat/Miller.  

Schaller looks to be in very good condition this year with great speed for his size. 
I think Eriksson gets in because of his versatility.  Also good at picking up greasy goals from in front of the net where Ferland will be.
Canucks have size and speed, but I'd like to see them keep their playmakers in the lineup, so Goldobin sticks around.  
Virtanen shifts in after Ferland to try and one up him with speed and an even bigger check.


 

 

Edited by Comeback_Kings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.