The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UNDERRATED 2020 CANUCK ROSTER

Rate this topic

nuckfanfromafrica

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

I agree. I also think it's a great day to be a Canucks fan because...

(Summarized by @naslund.is.king very nicely here)

naslund.is.king

Every Canadian team had a horrible day

TO Spezza,Ceci,

Edmonton:Found a Rattie replacement.

Calgary:Got swept by Colorado and Talbot is their big pickup? 

Winnipeg: lost Myers,Trouba,Tanev,Chiarot?

Ottawa:Still owned by Melnyk :lol:

Mtl: Offer sheeted Aho,which will likely be matched

Basically our divisional rivals, with exception to Colorado, didn't improve in any sort of way.

EDM/CAL have the same roster (EDM has Granlund for 1.3 mill), also picked up Mike Smith (formerly with Calgary).

Sharks and Golden Knights are the other two teams that are usually threatening, but they signed Karlsson to that overpriced contract and have let go of players like Pavelski and (soon to be Thornton).

Given how many times we play these divisional rivals, these should be pretty easy points. We should be at the very least in a playoff position.

Those two teams signed Karlsson to an overpriced contract and signed Karlsson to a great contract that I hope Boeser's looks like.

• Haha 1

Just now, Where's Wellwood said:

Those two teams signed Karlsson to an overpriced contract and signed Karlsson to a great contract that I hope Boeser's looks like.

I should've split them up. I think it's ironic that both teams have a Karlsson. Very very unintentional oversight on my part.

Edited by Dazzle

11 minutes ago, koregen said:

I don't quite agree with the OP's lineup but I definitely agree with most of the comments regarding them.

Yeah I was gonna say Goldobin on the top line would be a step backwards I could see him filling that third or 4th line role no problem he still has a lot to prove and this could be a good year for him to do so.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, nuckfanfromafrica said:

This is a playoff team if all stars align - Breakout years for Virtanen, Goldobin, Miller, Quinn & Juolevi. Next level progressions for Pettersson, Boeser & Hovart. Return to form for Pearson, Sutter, Baertschi.

Those are a lot of stars that have to align! Pretty wishful thinking.

The rest of Canada plus the Tony Gallagher negative Nancy’s of Vancouver media will always have Vancity Canucks out of the playoffs to start the season. It’s just the way of the hockey universe. So how big are the holes now in Canucks lineup? Toronto has no D and media thinks they’re the best Canadian team....which is absolutely bs imo.

• Upvote 2

Jordie benn and tyler Myers in our top four with a 19 yr old kid isn’t underrated let alone extremely

underrated.

people give Canucks credit as a team

that could turn a corner. But until that happens why should we go screaming for credit. Well get it when we get better and if we don’t we don’t deserve any quite frankly.

people just see our roster improve and don’t think other teams

have rosters Improving or

roster pieces

coming up, that’s who we play people everyone else! Not an ea

simulator, Myers is beyond overpaid and he’s not going to fix our defense which is what JB is banking

on. Yeah Hughes, but he’s flippin 19, even dahlin broke 18 yr old records and still couldn’t help buffalo turn the page so we have to be realistic about what hughes will

do for our d especially right out the gate.

by the way I’ve watched Myers play over 200 games between sabres my second team and Kelowna where I live, I know what I’m taking about here.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

The rest of Canada plus the Tony Gallagher negative Nancy’s of Vancouver media will always have Vancity Canucks out of the playoffs to start the season. It’s just the way of the hockey universe. So how big are the holes now in Canucks lineup? Toronto has no D and media thinks they’re the best Canadian team....which is absolutely bs imo.

Why do we deserve respect until we do make it? By the way I hear hockey central at noon Jeff marek and even kypreos give Vancouver huge strides for improving and being s team of the future and the worst thing I’ve heard about them is it may take another two years (Anthony Stewart) hate him if you want but he could be absolutely right. Until we get there why on earth should we get credit we didn’t earn first. It would make our boys complacent.

this is good motivation for our team.

also as for the love the leafs get it’s nauseating for sure but we can leave them out.

• Upvote 1

Don't really agree with the lineup projection, when healthy, I see it more as:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Baertschi

Roussel - Gaudette/Sutter - Leivo

Motte - Beagle - Virtanen

Extras: Goldobin

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Extras: Fantenberg

Markstrom

Demko

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I really like the idea of splitting up Boeser and Pettersson. At the tail end of the season, Petey kept passing to Brock, it's like his shot went away. I'm sure if they get split, Petey will end up using his shot more.

1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Don't really agree with the lineup projection, when healthy, I see it more as:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Roussel - Gaudette/Sutter - Leivo

Motte - Beagle - Virtanen

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Markstrom

Demko

Hoglander makes the opening night roster.  If so:

Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Gaudette/Sutter - Leivo

Roussel  - Beagle- Virtanen

Extras: Motte, Goldy

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Tanev

Benn - Stecher

Markstrom

Demko

If it were up to me i think it would look like 

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Levio - Gaudette/Sutter - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle -Motte

Edler -Tanev

Hughes - Myers

Benn - Stecher

Markstrom

Demko

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, nuckfanfromafrica said:

This is a playoff team if all stars align - Breakout years for Virtanen, Goldobin, Miller, Quinn & Juolevi. Next level progressions for Pettersson, Boeser & Hovart. Return to form for Pearson, Sutter, Baertschi.

FORWARDS

·         Miller, J.T          -         Pettersson, Elias        -         Goldobin, Nikolay

DEFENCE

·         Edler, Alexander            Myers, Tyler

·         Hughes, Quintin           Benn, Jordie

·         Juolevi, Olli      -      Tanev, Christopher

·         Fantenberg, Oscar - Stecher, Troy

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

Goldobin on the top line? If that's the case, this team is certainly not playoff bound.

2 hours ago, CupIsComing said:

Those are a lot of stars that have to align! Pretty wishful thinking.

That is not stars aligning, That is a bunch of stars suddenly going supernova!

As Slegr suggests, if Goldy is on your top line, that is good for Goldy but bad for your team.

As for the D pairings, why does Stecher get no respect?  He seems to be the Rodney Dangerfield of the Canucks.

• Upvote 1