The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Tanev possibly being shopped

16 minutes ago, mephnick said:

I just don't see why we ship out Tanev when the defense finally looks competent for the first time in years. I think he's worth more to us than whatever middling asset we would get for him. Losing Tanev moves guys up the depth chart that shouldn't be there.

I agree to a point, though it depends on the return.  With much depth on the backend, Tanevs responsibilities go down, but his value to the team increases because there's a greater chance he stays healthy and contributes.

Right now his value has to be very low.......if they keep him and stays healthy, his value sky rockets.  That said, if they get a decent return and it allows them to sign another depth fwd, I'd be ok with it.

10 hours ago, DontTouchMeGuys said:

omg tanev for nylander guyz

Problem is, if Nylander ends up on the Canucks, how much are Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes worth on their next contracts?

At least there’s currently a bit of distance from that contract.

Edited by Me_
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

I hear you... but it's all good!! 85% of CDC seem to love Biega!! He'll fill in just fine every 5 games.... 

What's not to love! Using your math I wonder if the the 15% can't see him busting his ass on every shift as if it was going to be his last! He may be limited and exposed when he's given too much ice time but I'm proud to say, as a man, that I love him!!!

5 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I already said what the game plan should be! Trade Tanev 50% retained, sign Hutton for cheap, use the picks coming back from Tanev to get Nikita Gusev from Vegas and then offer Gusev 2-3 years at 4ish mill!

Goldobin

Gusev

Tryamkin

Podkolzin

hmmm.....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

We don’t have enough cap to sign the RFAs. Boeser levio Goldobin rafferty teves and 7.7 mill left.we-need to move someone just to sign what we have.  

that would be Loui on his way to upstate New York :bigblush:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, zimmy said:

What's not to love! Using your math I wonder if the the 15% can't see him busting his ass on every shift as if it was going to be his last! He may be limited and exposed when he's given too much ice time but I'm proud to say, as a man, that I love him!!!

Me too!! Muah! 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Whorvat said:

That would be the infamous Brent Sopel

Dont think any crackers were involved but if your talking injury prone look no further than Sami Salo. Wait .... I think there actually might have been crackers involved if I remember correctly.

30 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

We don’t have enough cap to sign the RFAs. Boeser levio Goldobin rafferty teves and 7.7 mill left.we-need to move someone just to sign what we have.  

Capfriendly is not currently representing what a 23 man roster would be. Our cap space is fine. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1