The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Tanev possibly being shopped

31 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

I already said what the game plan should be! Trade Tanev 50% retained, sign Hutton for cheap, use the picks coming back from Tanev to get Nikita Gusev from Vegas and then offer Gusev 2-3 years at 4ish mill!

Love the idea... but if we retain 50% of Tanev's salary and bring back Hutton.... how do we afford $4M+ in Gusev, Leivo and Goldobin? You still gotta get rid of Sutter and/or Eriksson (also retaining 50% of their salaries??)....

18 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Please explain how that makes sense for either of this teams. I don’t see it. 

No one thought Simmons’s was going to NJ . The rangers can sign him picks coming back for Loui? If not New York where does he go?

11 minutes ago, zimmy said:

Dont think any crackers were involved but if your talking injury prone look no further than Sami Salo. Wait .... I think there actually might have been crackers involved if I remember correctly.

Brent Sopel messed up his back by bending over to puck up a cracker.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, zimmy said:

Dont think any crackers were involved but if your talking injury prone look no further than Sami Salo. Wait .... I think there actually might have been crackers involved if I remember correctly.

Or a certain knacker 

• Haha 1

Just now, babalu said:

Attach him to LE to dump him to Ottawa. (See Toronto trade)

Then use the cap space to sign Ferland or Dzingel on a short term deal.

If JB could unload both Tanev and Loui on Ottawa, that would open 10 million is cap.  Who replaces Tanev though? 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If JB could unload both Tanev and Loui on Ottawa, that would open 10 million is cap.  Who replaces Tanev though? 

Biega will!! He tends to play a very strong game 1 out of 3 ish...  or Sautner... it's the defense that counts right?

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tyler Myers?

Still some depth guys on the market. Chiarot. Bring back Hutton. Trade?

there is no market for LE., bearrtschi, Sutter and I doubt there is much of a market for Tanev, although I think he is moveable just not for much, maybe a 2nd? or 3rd/4th, look what Collin miller and Justin brain got...not much. If we are to move him, it would be to open up cap space, but we have excess forwards and not enough right shot d men. Moving Tanev would open up another hole.

I bet behind the scenes, Canucks are exploring terminating Les contract with him, I know they said they expect he will be in Vancouver in the fall, but his cap hit is a serious block right now with Dzingel, Ferland etc still on the market. the Luongo recapture penalty is really screwing us

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sign a cheap vet (Girardi? McQuaid?) to rotate in and out on the bottom pair? Could be another stabilizing veteran presence to help the kids for a low cost.

• Upvote 1

If Tanev goes they could just move Benn to the right side, where he is very comfortable, and go with Myers, Stecher and Benn as the top 3 RD. The left side would have Edler. Hughes and one of Juolevi, Fantenberg or Sautner. I think the expectation is that Fantenberg makes the team unless he disappoints at training camp. They know he will not likely pass waivers whereas Biega will.

waive eriksson and schaller sent to utica frees up 1.8 mill in cap

trade  tanev   retain half cap to east 

frees up 2.5 mill for picks or d prospect 

sutter  for any team needing a 3rd line center  retain half salary  for draft picks 

frees up 2.1 mill 

frees 6.4 mill in cap 

plus current 7.7 remaining 

equals 14.1  to resign boeser goldobin and maybe  sign markus johansson 

• Upvote 2

This defence is finally set and the deepest its looked since 2011. Trading Tanev now for a top-6 forward would be a massive mistake.

If JB wants a forward just go out and sign one last UFA. If he's trading Tanev it better only be for a young guy who's going to be with the club in the future and add to our young core but I'd really rather hope he just sits tight because our defence finally looks decent.

• Thanks 1

After a few years Tanev rumours kinda get old to be honest

Also it would be kind of disappointing to see him traded now that our defence is looking better. Not sure we we would want to regress in that department after adding Benn and Myers. I think it’s time we deserve a half decent 6 back there 

Edited by Devron44
  • Upvote 2