The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Tanev possibly being shopped

The Jets lost Trouba, Myers and Chiarot (half their D). Maybe they sign a UFA (Hutton?), but they might also want a veteran for the right side, like Tanev. After Byfuglien there isn't much now. I thought Ehlers before, but not sure WPG gives him up. But what about a prospect? (LW - Kristian Vesalainen) The Jets are already pretty good at LW for a while with Laine, Ehlers and Connor. Canucks may have to add, but the Jets really need D, and Tanev comes at a reasonable cost.

to WPG - Tanev and Brisebois

to VAN - Vesalainen

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Jets lost Trouba, Myers and Chiarot (half their D). Maybe they sign a UFA (Hutton?), but they might also want a veteran for the right side, like Tanev. After Byfuglien there isn't much now. I thought Ehlers before, but not sure WPG gives him up. But what about a prospect? (LW - Kristian Vesalainen) The Jets are already pretty good at LW for a while with Laine, Ehlers and Connor. Canucks may have to add, but the Jets really need D, and Tanev comes at a reasonable cost.

to WPG - Tanev and Brisebois

to VAN - Vesalainen

Ehlers for Ristolainen might work though.

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

edited but not misquoted :lol:

I'll offer you a deal - you put my posts on ignore, I'll happily do the same.

I don't fear that I'll be missing out on any higher education.

Haha, your defence is that cutting off the first half of a sentence to entirely change its meaning is not misquoting?  Then taking that different meaning to lie for the sake of an argument you invent to make yourself look good?

More and more pathetic.

You couldn’t put me on ignore if you tried.  You have some weird fetish of reacting to all my posts, dogging up my posts from months ago trying to catch me in having a changed opinion, and just regularly stalking me.  It all started when you attacked me over something and I made you look silly with an informed response.... and you have never been able to let it go.

You have some weird idea that you are some alpha dog on this board and have to pee on any thread in a vain attempt to assert some form of dominance.  

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Provost said:

Haha, your defence is that taking it the first half of a sentence to entirely change its meaning is not misquoting?  Then taking that different meaning to lie.

More and more pathetic.

You couldn’t put me on ignore if you tried.  You have some weird fetish of reacting to all my posts, dogging up my posts from months ago trying to catch me in having a changed opinion, and just regularly stalking me.  It all started when you attacked me over something and I made you look silly with an informed response.... and you have never been able to let it go.

You have some weird idea that you are some alpha dog on this board and have to pee on any thread in a vain attempt to assert some form of dominance.  

Related image

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:
Related image

Enjoy spending yet another night going through my old posts to find some inconsistency that you can trumpet as some sort of victory... because you won’t be able to leave it alone after having  been shown up yet again.

I will happily be sleeping and not give you a second thought.  I have seen your playbook repeatedly before.

• Haha 2

I honestly have no clue what the return for Tanev would be. JB has never had to shed cap. His free agent frenzies have finally caught up with him. He never takes just draft picks, always wants players that can help us finish 9th last. I have no clue what a Benning cap relief trade would look like. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2019 at 10:22 PM, DeNiro said:

20 goal scorer that plays physical and elevates his game in the playoffs.

I would say we could us some of that. Although I wouldn’t mind adding Williams on a short deal instead if we could.

Does he? 

He did in 2015. But in the 11 playoff games he's played since (4 in 2017, and 7 this year) he has zero goals, 1 assist, and is -7.

With the new additions, I don't see any better FA options to Tanev out there.  

Unless the club is confident that Raferty or Woo is ready now.  I dont see it and I think if Tanev is moved it would be at the TDL.  

For his cap hit and what he brings, I could see the club keeping him if it looks like we are playoff bound.  

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Bubble Man said:

I honestly have no clue what the return for Tanev would be. JB has never had to shed cap. His free agent frenzies have finally caught up with him. He never takes just draft picks, always wants players that can help us finish 9th last. I have no clue what a Benning cap relief trade would look like. 

He doesn't particularly have to shed cap now either as nothing has 'caught up with him' (even with the ridiculous Luongo CR) . He happily takes draft picks when they're available. Contrary to popular belief, they aren't always. You should stop drinking the hyperbole kool aid.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Proposal: If we can't agree on a price for Boeser 

Tanev + Boeser 

for 

Zucker and Dumba 

Virtanen 

For Gusev 

Zucker Pettersson Gusev 

Baertchi Horvat Miller 

Pearsons Gaudette Leivo 

Roussel Beagle Motte 

Edler Dumba 

Hughes Myers 

Benn Stetcher 

Markstrom

Demko 

15 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Proposal: If we can't agree on a price for Boeser 

Tanev + Boeser 

for 

Zucker and Dumba 

Virtanen 

For Gusev 

Zucker Pettersson Gusev 

Baertchi Horvat Miller 

Pearsons Gaudette Leivo 

Roussel Beagle Motte 

Edler Dumba 

Hughes Myers 

Benn Stetcher 

Markstrom

Demko 

Signing Boeser is not going to be an issue. 

• Cheers 1