The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 Oct.6 @ 4pm PST (SN). Rounds 2-7 Oct.7 @ 8:30am (SN1)

Noble 6

One thing for sure Gary Buttman will arrange this nicely for his close friends to be in a position to draft well in their rebuilds.

Some say this is gonna be a deep draft. Barry Guttman will assure all parties aligned with him will be treated fairly and equally, the rest can shove it up ..... ...es!

Francesco....It's a big club, and you ain’t in it ( G. Carlin )

It’s almost disappointing that we’re becoming competitive now. Lafreniere is on another level, and he’d be perfect for our team. 

Lafreniere - Petey - Brock 

Hoglander - Horvat - Podz 

Baer - Gaudette - Miller 

Hughes - Myers 

Juolevi - Tryamkin 

6 hours ago, Stamkos said:

It’s almost disappointing that we’re becoming competitive now. Lafreniere is on another level, and he’d be perfect for our team. 

Baer - Gaudette - Miller 

Hughes - Myers 

Juolevi - Tryamkin 

U Bett man....would have the ref's shut us down if we had that lineup...it would be back to open season on body slams....

I think we have one more year of missing the playoffs and then were going to get in the next. 

If we miss, i think Barron is the ultimate piece to our back end. Obviously if Lafreniere or Byfield were available, i would be all over that. 

In 2- 3 years time

Hoglander - Pete - Boes

Miller - Horvat - Podkolzin 

Virtanen - Gaudette - Lind/Lockwood

Gadjovich/Keppen - Madden - MacEwen

Hughes - Barron

Juolevi - Myers

Tryamkin - Woo 

Big, skilled, got some meaness in that group and great hockey sense. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, KKnight said:

I think we have one more year of missing the playoffs and then were going to get in the next. 

If we miss, i think Barron is the ultimate piece to our back end. Obviously if Lafreniere or Byfield were available, i would be all over that. 

In 2- 3 years time

Hoglander - Pete - Boes

Miller - Horvat - Podkolzin 

Virtanen - Gaudette - Lind/Lockwood

Gadjovich/Keppen - Madden - MacEwen

Hughes - Barron

Juolevi - Myers

Tryamkin - Woo 

Big, skilled, got some meaness in that group and great hockey sense. 

Or you can get drysdale who has the room to grow and is better offensively then barron. This is coming from one of the biggest barron fans there is

On 7/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, coastal.view said:

:bigblush:

i'm kinda hoping there is a ballard in that draft as well

could revive some fond trade proposal memories

all we need now is to get a first and we'll have Raymond,Ballard and a first...we'll be set for trade proposals for a decade

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2019 at 8:14 AM, Stamkos said:

Baer - Gaudette - Miller 

Hughes - Myers 

Juolevi - Tryamkin 

There’s good players every draft. Relax. 

• Cheers 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:56 PM, coastal.view said:

jb appears to consistently be able to draft a 1st rounder

in the second round

Good point coastal. I probably won't pay too much attention to the Top 10 prospects or even the 1st round this year, especially if the Canucks play well and win. If they make the playoffs this season, that would be great. They would lose the 1st, but I'm almost wanting to get that out of the way this year. I'm sure Benning can find a real good player at #50 or thereabouts.  Plus, next year (2020/21), we might see Tryamkin return and Lind, Gadjovich and Woo might even make a push.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Good point coastal. I probably won't pay too much attention to the Top 10 prospects or even the 1st round this year, especially if the Canucks play well and win. If they make the playoffs this season, that would be great. They would lose the 1st, but I'm almost wanting to get that out of the way this year. I'm sure Benning can find a real good player at #50 or thereabouts.  Plus, next year (2020/21), we might see Tryamkin return and Lind, Gadjovich and Woo might even make a push.

And Podkolzin and Hoglander. :towel:The prospects coming over these next few seasons are really good; that’s another reason why JB traded (a first) to get Miller.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

And Podkolzin and Hoglander. :towel:The prospects coming over these next few seasons are really good; that’s another reason why JB traded (a first) to get Miller.  

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about missing out on the 1st next year (or maybe it'll be the year after). The Canucks have some pretty good prospects percolating:

Hoglander - Gaudette - Podkolzin

Gadjovich - Madden - MacEwen

Perron - Graovac - Lind

Keppen - Karlsson - Lockwood

Jasek

Juolevi - Woo

Tryamkin - Eliot

Brisebois - Rathbone

Utunen

DiPietro

Kielly

Not all of them will make it, but some will be really good options.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

If Vcr does not even make the play-offs this season, that'll be 5 years failing to make the top 16 of the league then Jim won't need to worry. This is desperation time for Mr. Benning and the club. No club can afford to keep treading water no matter how good fans might think the future may be. At some point you have to pay the bills. Cast your mind back to 2011, who beat us in the Cup, well …… that same club made it to game 7 this year …. Vcr not so much. The ONLY time you get to acquire top quality skill at a reasonable price is the draft …. the only time!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

If Vcr does not even make the play-offs this season, that'll be 5 years failing to make the top 16 of the league 

"If Vcr does not even make the play-offs the next 6 years, that'll be 10 years failing to make the top 16 of the league."

Thanks Captain Obvious.  :bigblush:

21 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

If Vcr does not even make the play-offs this season, that'll be 5 years failing to make the top 16 of the league then Jim won't need to worry. This is desperation time for Mr. Benning and the club. No club can afford to keep treading water no matter how good fans might think the future may be. At some point you have to pay the bills. Cast your mind back to 2011, who beat us in the Cup, well …… that same club made it to game 7 this year …. Vcr not so much. The ONLY time you get to acquire top quality skill at a reasonable price is the draft …. the only time!

Sure...but JB and Judd are finding gems in the 2nd round and a player in the later rounds...

Also it isn't going to be 5 years out of the playoffs....we make the playoffs this year and if Juolevi and Hughes do what I expect them too...we may just make some noise in the post season...!

Just watch....!

• Upvote 1