The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 Oct.6 @ 4pm PST (SN). Rounds 2-7 Oct.7 @ 8:30am (SN1)

Noble 6

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:10 PM, dpn1 said:

I am unsure of the name of the tournament but is there not a Jr Tournament starting toward the end of July?  Kind of missing hockey live. :)

The closest international junior U-18 tournament is the Hlinka Gretzky Cup in Czech Republic/Slovakia on Aug 5-10.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, cyoung said:

Like him already.

Gunler is good, but he will be in the top ten by the end of the year. Being left off the team at the u18s for sweden is like what happens to alot of elite propects for team canada at wjc. Politics

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I haven't dug too deep into the draft yet, but seems like there are alot of quality centers in the 1st round.

Lundell, Byfield, Perfetti, Zary, Holloway, Foudy, Rossi, exc.

It would be very valuable to have a 1st or 2 next year. Centres and Right shot defensemen seem to be the theme of the first round next draft and we could really use some more high quality valuable prospects.

• Cheers 1

On 7/17/2019 at 8:51 PM, RetroCanuck said:

It would be very valuable to have a 1st or 2 next year. Centres and Right shot defensemen seem to be the theme of the first round next draft and we could really use some more high quality valuable prospects.

Good thing if we don't make the playoffs, we would still have a shot at one of these high quality valuable prospects.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Exactly, but better to have 2 shots in the barrel when facing a bear in case one a dud

Well it's a good thing we have Miller who's an established NHLer that is exactly what we are looking for in our top 6 ready to help now in case you take those two shots and one is a dud anyway or if both picks end up duds.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I would love to just miss the playoffs and somehow nab drysdale or barron. But, i really think we have a shot at the post season this year and im hoping for jim benning sake we make it or else it may be some other gm shining from the drafting benning and co have done. 

There are only two things we really need now. 1 dynamic playmaking winger to play with Bo and a potential top 2 rd. After that this team is going to be a powerhouse. 

Edited by KKnight
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, KKnight said:

I would love to just miss the playoffs and somehow nab drysdale or barron. But, i really think we have a shot at the post season this year and im hoping for jim benning sake we make it or else it may be some other gm shining from the drafting benning and co have done. 

There are only two things we really need now. 1 dynamic playmaking winger to play with Bo and a potential top 2 rd. After that this team is going to be a powerhouse. 

Ryder Rolston or Jan Mysak could fit the bill aas that dynamic playmaking winger. I am still not sold on our defensive depth on the left side and would't mind adding klevin as some insurance. Love drysdale and barron, but i don't think we are gonna be in range to grab them. Keep an eye out for kaiden guhle. Kid can play.