The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 Oct.6 @ 4pm PST (SN). Rounds 2-7 Oct.7 @ 8:30am (SN1)

Noble 6

Lundell is someone who could go top 3 in this loaded draft. Two-way center out of Finland already playing in Liiga as a 17 year old. He was also the 2C on the gold medal winning Finnish team at the WJC as a draft -1 player and played on that line with Kakko. I got to see him live there and he was very solid.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 8/27/2019 at 10:45 AM, N7Nucks said:

Markus Naslund's kid, Alex Naslund, is draft eligible this year from the looks of it. Just a interesting little note I got from watching the Modo vs Loko stream on youtube. Not even sure if he is playing. I just googled Modo U20 to see who they had and seen Naslund's name. I doubt we draft Alex Naslund but would be pretty cool if we did. Nazzy was my fav player as a kid when I first got into hockey. I'll be keeping an eye on his season to see how he does. He's got decent size at 6'1 180 pounds (eliteprospects). Oddly enough he doesn't have a place of birth listed on eliteprospects. Kinda curious if he was born in BC.

It's one of those situations that if the's not slated to go with a top to mid round pick you do the right thing and draft him.

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Do we still have a bunch of 6th rounders? Use one on Nazzy. Do it for us Benning :( 

I mean, in all honesty a 6th rounder is a crap shoot anyways.  but why not.  What could it hurt if he's a late round pick.  Would be a great gesture if nothing else

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 3:15 AM, Isam said:

Looking at gunler. Kid might be a faller due to a perceived attitude issue, but i dont think he is that bad. I think swedish hockey doesnt know what to do about a kid that competes like a north american. 

How about this kid, William Wallinder?  https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/482190/william-wallinder

6'4'', can skate and score from the back end...

On 10/24/2019 at 8:12 AM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

if we make the playoffs in 2020, I doubt we miss it that badly the following year since Hughes is a projected top 6 pick. 

Projection years out is tough because we’ve seen many guys fall. Might carry more weight with the Hughes name if both his brothers succeed. However we’re seen guys projected top 5 before seasons start fall out of the 1rst round completely by draft time.

How bout them Sens? As of right now 3 1st round picks of theirs look slated to go top 10. Two of which are top 3 as of today. Columbus may keep their pick if they win the lottery. San Jose looks just plain awful and at best I could maybe see the move outta the bottom 5. Sens may have an EA NHL 20 draft where they draft 3 times in the top 10, twice in the top 5. LOL.

5 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

How bout them Sens? As of right now 3 1st round picks of theirs look slated to go top 10. Two of which are top 3 as of today. Columbus may keep their pick if they win the lottery. San Jose looks just plain awful and at best I could maybe see the move outta the bottom 5. Sens may have an EA NHL 20 draft where they draft 3 times in the top 10, twice in the top 5. LOL.

They need all the help they can get. I would say the only top end talent guaranteed to make an impact is Chabot, Tkachuk, White (2nd line center max), Brannstrom. Snagging Lafreniere and Askarov would be huge for them.