The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 Oct.6 @ 4pm PST (SN). Rounds 2-7 Oct.7 @ 8:30am (SN1)

Noble 6

On 12/18/2019 at 12:52 PM, GoodCanadianKideh said:

Cam Robinson’s December ranking.  Some pretty good information.  Has Byfield going 1st overall.  Tough to pass on a 6’5” 215lb 17yr old centre.  

I like this kid, a lot.  But I sincerely wonder if he's a man playing among boys which is leading to much of his success.  We've seen a lot of large boys lose that edge when they step in among men

Everything about him screams stud but....

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I like this kid, a lot.  But I sincerely wonder if he's a man playing among boys which is leading to much of his success.  We've seen a lot of large boys lose that edge when they step in among men

I'd agree if physicality was a major part of his game. I think the biggest upside to his height is his reach. Not the fact he pushes around kids. But it is true he is a man among boys. He's very likely in the NHL next season because of that size. Lafreniere's elite level offensive talent probably still has him on most lists 1 spot though. He also has NHL level size right now if the 6'1 192 numbers are correct.

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

He will be gone by pick 31...

Ha,ha.....

Might be gone by 3.  But there is another couple of high compete wingers with good releases rated in the teens where we are more probably picking too.  

And I am unsure how you think it is possible we pick 31st.  If we make the playoffs Tampa gets our first pick.  

I do not understand why people seem to think this is a must make playoffs year.  To me this is a cannot make playoffs year as we need this next first rounder.  

12 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Might be gone by 3.  But there is another couple of high compete wingers with good releases rated in the teens where we are more probably picking too.  

And I am unsure how you think it is possible we pick 31st.  If we make the playoffs Tampa gets our first pick.  

I do not understand why people seem to think this is a must make playoffs year.  To me this is a cannot make playoffs year as we need this next first rounder.  

It's not a must make playoffs year but it would do our young guys well if we snuck in. Just getting a taste is huge.

Lots of strong wingers in the top half tho, Anton Lundell would be first on my list (plays wing and center). Holtz, Raymond, stutzle, and gunler are other options. 

32 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

...That was humour ...if we win the cup, of course we give TB the first...

...I am not...repeat...not saying we are going to win the cup...

1 hour ago, TGT68 said:

Pretty sure he was joking.....

• Wat 1

Well, it will be almost impossible to win the lottery, so the first 3 are out

and I don't think we are a 4 to 10 team, so I am interested in the 11 to 15 spot players

But it is still to early to be thinking of anyone in that range, as these kids will move 

around a lot over the next 3 months. Best to start looking at the end of March

by then, most have settled, into a more stationary range

On 12/20/2019 at 7:14 PM, Smashian Kassian said:

How good is Drysdale defensively?

Haven't been following the draft prospects this year, but from what I gather a modern day puck moving RHD like him could be exactly what we need. 

Him on one pair & Hughes on the other. 

He is a righty! 

Suspect he will be gone where we draft.

While its a dream, Byfield! 

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, it will be almost impossible to win the lottery, so the first 3 are out

and I don't think we are a 4 to 10 team, so I am interested in the 11 to 15 spot players

But it is still to early to be thinking of anyone in that range, as these kids will move 

around a lot over the next 3 months. Best to start looking at the end of March

by then, most have settled, into a more stationary range

But wouldn't it be awesome if he had some jets or flyers luck! Just once if we miss,  I hope me move up cause this pick could help the team take another step sooner rather then later. 

Maybe this is the year aquaman demands a top three pick or maybe he lines the right pocket ha 

• Cheers 1

On 12/21/2019 at 9:14 AM, Warhippy said:

His overall hockey iq is high. About the highest in the draft. There is a reason canada 

picked him this year. He is probably the best combo of size and skill coming out of the ohl since lindros

• Cheers 1