The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Justin Bailey

4 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Straight male here, it's a reference of an audio clip they play on TSN1040 from time to time.  I think it's some coach talking about a BC Lion, Dean Valli perhaps?  I don't have access to youtube but it's somewhere on there and totally worth checking out.

It might be this, I can't go on youtube to confirm:

https://www.youtube.com/notify-YouTubeFacebookCoaching?aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2F0Y2g/dj1lUTc4czlodW5CTQ==;YUvWcWm8XIdQVaQM3iyayI2YS07gsYlXwLc80g5x/1Q=

It's Dan Durazio. It's a now infamous quote about yes Dean Valli.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Good looking dude with a good looking body.  He's 6'4' measured, this is true, and he's got good girth, good looking dude. 

Way to put this into perspective, what a good looking dude..

I like that the canucks have made an effort to get upstate new york guys for utica. it's good for the young players who don't know the region, potentially provides stability for the organization if the players are happy to stick around, and is good for the fans there and the environment in the building. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

As a Sabres watcher, he's a big kid who can skate, and hit.  He's got all the tools, but not the toolbox.  He'll never be much more than an energy player, but he's a great kid and goes on scoring stretches.   Perfect Utica addition.

Darren Archibald?

32 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Straight male here, it's a reference of an audio clip they play on TSN1040 from time to time.  I think it's some coach talking about a BC Lion, Dean Valli perhaps?  I don't have access to youtube but it's somewhere on there and totally worth checking out.

It might be this, I can't go on youtube to confirm:

https://www.youtube.com/notify-YouTubeFacebookCoaching?aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20vd2F0Y2g/dj1lUTc4czlodW5CTQ==;YUvWcWm8XIdQVaQM3iyayI2YS07gsYlXwLc80g5x/1Q=

This post reminds me of the gay pride song from the movie popstar haha 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nice! 

Hasn't put it together at this level yet but the guy has all sorts of good physical tools. And if nothing else will make Utica a lot better.

Has half decent AHL numbers, and according to Eliteprospects, his father was an NFL player. Wouldn't it be nice if he were a late blooming power forward. Anybody know if he's got good skating? Scouting report I read wasn't very clear on it.

Overall, hard to see anything negative about taking a flyer on him, if not for us, then for Utica.