The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Justin Bailey

6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Good looking dude with a good looking body.  He's 6'4' measured, this is true, and he's got good girth, good looking dude. 

Wow! You're really pumping his...............tires.:P

Just had to get in on the action. innuendo

On topic, I really like this signing for the future and for Utica.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Awww... guess you won't be going to the Pride parade?? You are missing out dude!!

Sarcasm... 

I am going to the one in my ridiculously small town in Nova Scotia.  It's nick name is the "Little Vatican". 

It's this week there will be about a 1000 men in kilts marching down the street playing bag pipes... that's at least close right?  

Again, sarcasm...  I would kill to see a pride parade in this town, it's so ready for it.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

He has had similar seasons to Tyler Graovac in the CHL and AHL in terms of points. Bailey and Graovac will provide Utica with size, experience, and skill. I think Utica will be interesting to watch. They lost some key pieces in Demko, Kero, Gaunce, etc. Added some good pieces in Graovac, Bailey, Teves, Rafferty,  not to mention the prospects have more experience now like Lind, Jassek, Gadjovich, and a healthy Juolevi will be interesting to follow. I probably missed a bunch of people but you get the point. 

DiPietro, Kielly, Eliot, and Perron should help counter those losses.

6 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Good looking dude with a good looking body.  He's 6'4' measured, this is true, and he's got good girth, good looking dude. 

This is low key hilarious if you get the reference, hats off to ya haha. 

Depth signing and improves Utica, was a pretty high draft pick and is young at 24. Good size and some offensive ability....I'll take it.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Darius said:

seems like a trend is going on within the organization as a whole

Looking at the big picture here.  Look at the players acquired in the past year or so, in addition to some of our existing wingers.  Looks like they are trying to get bigger/tougher on both wings throughout the org.  All pretty heavy (and good looking lol) guys

Josh Leivo 6'2" 195

JT Miller  6' 218

Tanner Pearson 6' 200

Antoine Roussel 5'11" 200

Justin Bailey 6'4" 214

Tyler Graovac 6'5" 208

Brock Boeser 6'1" 208

Jake Virtanen 6' 225

Even Podkolzin looks like a sure bet to be 200+ by the time he gets here.

Perhaps just a coincidence, but JB keeps talking about getting bigger and faster....

Bigger, faster players, hopefully with skill playing with the smaller skill players.  Dallas has been loading up on bigger players for years.  Washington has a big team.  Love the St. Louis Blues.  It will be exciting when we see a hard hitting, skillful team in the playoffs.  Imagine a young, speedy, dog on a bone line of Gaud, Madden and Lockwood. 

48 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think you folks have missed Tre Mac's reference to.....

gurn already posted that. I think the only ones who didn't get it are the ones who gave him the confused face. Everyone else is just having fun with it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I happily and embarrassingly admit it took me until after the first couple goals on that highlight clip to realize that his nickname was NOT Kit Bailey. :-)

Edited by zapperman
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Darius said:

seems like a trend is going on within the organization as a whole

Looking at the big picture here.  Look at the players acquired in the past year or so, in addition to some of our existing wingers.  Looks like they are trying to get bigger/tougher on both wings throughout the org.  All pretty heavy (and good looking lol) guys

Josh Leivo 6'2" 195

JT Miller  6' 218

Tanner Pearson 6' 200

Antoine Roussel 5'11" 200

Justin Bailey 6'4" 214

Tyler Graovac 6'5" 208

Brock Boeser 6'1" 208

Jake Virtanen 6' 225

Even Podkolzin looks like a sure bet to be 200+ by the time he gets here.

Perhaps just a coincidence, but JB keeps talking about getting bigger and faster....

I'm not opposed to this. As long as the guys can reasonably play?

218lbs with agility and edgework, some work rate? You don't have to be Johnny Hockey with the puck to be a great 4th line player. Some skill? Voila, a strong second line player. Add a high motor and work rate?  Great complimentary top 6, even top line winger. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2019 at 11:16 AM, therodigy said:

Bailey would not count as a vet. He's played 276 Pro games over his career, which qualifies him as the one developmental players with less than 320 GP (The other 12+ must have 260 or less GP). The only "AHL" vets we have signed are Graovac and Boucher, possibly Schaller if he's buried. Hope that helps.

Thanks!  That does help.  Good that Bailey won't count against the vet limit.