The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver's sudden increase in size.

Rate this topic

aqua59

Yah this guy looks like he can take care of business if needed.

safe_image.php?d=AQDF0tFL0J_ZfTrP&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fcanucksarmy.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F3%2F2019%2F07%2FJustin-Bailey.jpg%3Ffit%3D1136%252C640%26ssl%3D1&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQAvtwDdGMb9WAvi

Bailey is a big winger measuring in at 6’4″ and 214 lbs that was selected in the 2nd round of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

Despite being so big, Bailey is known for his speed and playing the game with pace. At times it appears that his hands can’t keep up with his feet. He is willing to be physical along the boards and in front of the net.

Bailey is another big body that the organization has brought in via agency as they look to add size to their ranks without sacrificing skill.

The right-handed winger will almost certainly start the season in the AHL but could work his way into the equation as a bottom-six forward.

• Upvote 3

I think size and skill is a balancing act that not many teams get right, and in the regular season speed and skill seem to dominate whereas once the tight checking playoffs start, you need a bit of size and gritt to shut it down. Thats where the Blues were so successful. 

I just hope we still have enough offensive skill and speed in our lineup. Obviously you know what you're getting with Pettersson, Boeser and Horvat but I hope guys like Baertschi, Miller, Pearson, Goldobin, Virtanen and even Leivo and Sutter can chip in a good 15-20 goals here and there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

I was thinking the same thing, I posted this in the Bailey thread

seems like a trend is going on within the organization as a whole

Looking at the big picture here.  Look at the players acquired in the past year or so, in addition to some of our existing wingers.  Looks like they are trying to get bigger/tougher on both wings throughout the org.  All pretty heavy guys

Josh Leivo 6'2" 195

JT Miller  6' 218

Tanner Pearson 6' 200

Antoine Roussel 5'11" 200

Justin Bailey 6'4" 214

Tyler Graovac 6'5" 208

Brock Boeser 6'1" 208

Jake Virtanen 6' 225

Even Podkolzin looks like a sure bet to be 200+ by the time he gets here.

Perhaps just a coincidence, but JB keeps talking about getting bigger and faster....

don't forget Bo who's pushing 220 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Darius said:

I was thinking the same thing, I posted this in the Bailey thread

seems like a trend is going on within the organization as a whole

Looking at the big picture here.  Look at the players acquired in the past year or so, in addition to some of our existing wingers.  Looks like they are trying to get bigger/tougher on both wings throughout the org.  All pretty heavy guys

Josh Leivo 6'2" 195

JT Miller  6' 218

Tanner Pearson 6' 200

Antoine Roussel 5'11" 200

Justin Bailey 6'4" 214

Tyler Graovac 6'5" 208

Brock Boeser 6'1" 208

Jake Virtanen 6' 225

Even Podkolzin looks like a sure bet to be 200+ by the time he gets here.

Perhaps just a coincidence, but JB keeps talking about getting bigger and faster....

And add to that Bo and Zack McEwan...

yes we are definitely getting bigger

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2