The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver's sudden increase in size.

Rate this topic

aqua59

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

And add to that Bo and Zack McEwan...

yes we are definitely getting bigger

And these big boys are all very fast.  Big, fast, with skill and meanness sprinkled in.  I like.  Feed me more.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And these big boys are all very fast.  Big, fast, with skill and meanness sprinkled in.  I like.  Feed me more.  

Yes forgot about Beagle as well. 

We are getting far stronger than we’ve been in ages.

Love it....absolutely love it.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Yah this guy looks like he can take care of business if needed.

safe_image.php?d=AQDF0tFL0J_ZfTrP&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fcanucksarmy.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F3%2F2019%2F07%2FJustin-Bailey.jpg%3Ffit%3D1136%252C640%26ssl%3D1&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQAvtwDdGMb9WAvi

Bailey is a big winger measuring in at 6’4″ and 214 lbs that was selected in the 2nd round of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

Despite being so big, Bailey is known for his speed and playing the game with pace. At times it appears that his hands can’t keep up with his feet. He is willing to be physical along the boards and in front of the net.

Bailey is another big body that the organization has brought in via agency as they look to add size to their ranks without sacrificing skill.

The right-handed winger will almost certainly start the season in the AHL but could work his way into the equation as a bottom-six forward.

“At times it appears that his hands can’t keep up with his feet”

Isn't that exactly what’s going on with Virtanen?

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm warming to this idea, if nothing else Lucic wants to be here 

He wants to be here more than LE

21 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Nooooooooo! Lmao... i think JB has other ideas to get rid of him and i'd be ecstatic if he does!  Would love to see Ferland here instead.. 

Sure, I’d like that more but not sure LE is going anywhere without a major sweetener

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, spook007 said:

And add to that Bo and Zack McEwan...

yes we are definitely getting bigger

Been a Big Mac fan for awhile now and i hope he continues his development into a good reliable player that i believe he can be...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mpt said:

He wants to be here more than LE

Sure, I’d like that more but not sure LE is going anywhere without a major sweetener

Think it'd be a good idea anyway since he's taking up a roster spot we need, not to mention cap space even more. I can't believe he turned out to be so bad offensively but i don't think any of us did...

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

With Jake it’s his brain.  His brain can’t keep up with his feet.  It’s like his brain is gone.

Well i doubt he had to use it much when he could simply run over or speed around players but not so much in the nhl but he's getting used to the nhl more but thats typical power forward stuff, messier was almost worse there for awhile, used to drive my cousin from edm up the wall.. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

94' Canucks :

Hedican 6'2 210   Adams 6'2 185        Lafayette 6'1 190

Diduck 6'1 225     Courtnall  6'0 195    Momesso 6'3 215

Murzyn 6'2 200    McIntyre 6'1 180      Odjick 6'3 215 

Babych 6'2 215    Linden 6'4 220        Craven 6'2 185

Plavsic 6'0 198    Carson 6'1 200        McLean 6'0 182

Lumme 6'1 205  Antoski 6'4 235

Brown 6'2 204   Hunter 6'2 202

Slegr 6'1 210     Charboneau 6'0 195

Glynn 6'4 215    Gelinas 6'1 190

Size does matter! ::D

Reading all those names just brought back  great memories of that year's run to the SC....ping :(

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

37 minutes ago, tocnhockey said:

Reading all those names just brought back  great memories of that year's run to the SC....ping :(

Thinking back to all those guys, a lot of them didn't have a ton of skill but they had that desire and that "never give up" mentality. That character team is what I am hoping we get back to one of these days. The 2011 team and TB are great, but, I would take these guys back in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Think it'd be a good idea anyway since he's taking up a roster spot we need, not to mention cap space even more. I can't believe he turned out to be so bad offensively but i don't think any of us did...

I didn’t love the signing but I thought he’d be at least a consistent 50 point guy.  We just need to get rid of him, not sure he’s good to rub off on the other guys