The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

4 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If Gaudette gets sent down oh my, A line of Sven - Gaudette - Lind would be fun to watch.

They have options.  The line of Sven, Guadette and Zack M. ripped it up in the preseason.  And yeah, I think Gaudette will be sent down if Motte continues to play as well as he did with Beagle and Schaller.   Canucks are a deep team and they can sent Gaudette down risk free. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Yep, Boucher is so amazing at this level, it is a wonder he can’t crack the NHL. He started last year like this until other teams started going after him and he got injured.  Hope there is enough toughness on the team this year to act as a deterrent. Most exciting player to watch, though? I vote for Bailey - 6’4” 215 - ex Sabres draft - unbelievable skater - just needs to get some finish - 54 GP 15g 13a 28pts. 

6-2 now for Comets - Arsenault scored - third assist for Goldobin.

Another Bailey fan here. He is a sleeper pick. Couple years ago he scored on the Canucks in a close one I went to see. Caused us a lot of trouble in that game with his size and presence. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/17/2019 at 4:10 PM, hobart16 said:

Another Bailey fan here. He is a sleeper pick. Couple years ago he scored on the Canucks in a close one I went to see. Caused us a lot of trouble in that game with his size and presence. 

And he is still only 24. It certainly is not unheard of for guys that age to continue to get better.  The odds are not with him but it could happen.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Yeah, especially big guys, and this guy is 6’5”, 215. He was not as dominant in this game as in the last, but still had a brace. Goldobin first star in this one - now 6 assists in 2 games 7 overall - tied for second in league and team scoring with seven points and games in hand - Boucher also with 7 points - six of them goals. Lind with six points in five games, Baertschi with five in four. DiPietro stellar in net and the fans love him. The Utica D is very strong - Juolevi looks better each game, growing confidence and physicality. Teves, Rafferty, Blujus (replaced Sautner tonight), Chatfield and Brisebois Yes, if the injuries mount there will be lots of talent for the Canucks to bring up. I have no idea how they will integrate Lockwood, Woo, Rathbone, and maybe Madden, Focht, Keppen at the close of their seasons. Benning, what have you wrought?

Thanks for the info Ray!

Boucher kicks butt in the A but not in the NHL. I wonder if Goldy will do the same?  Getting Baer this ice time and confidence is awesome for the Canuck depth as we already know we plays well in the NHL.  Although JB seemed to indicate maybe they won't keep him.  

I love hearing Lind has really upped his play. I only saw one Utica game and he looked good in it....and a real pest too.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Baertschi and Goldy really seem to dominate the pace in the o-zone together.   Sven looks far more physically engaged in the past few games.  seems like he is finding his game again.

Hard to see what happened there but Baertschi picked off the pass which he does a lot and made a gorgeous, quick touch pass to Goldy. Just a gorgeous play all around. Total dagger in the heart for Charlotte. 

8 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Thanks for the info Ray!

Boucher kicks butt in the A but not in the NHL. I wonder if Goldy will do the same?  Getting Baer this ice time and confidence is awesome for the Canuck depth as we already know we plays well in the NHL.  Although JB seemed to indicate maybe they won't keep him.  

I love hearing Lind has really upped his play. I only saw one Utica game and he looked good in it....and a real pest too.

Green has mentioned pace several times when talking of Goldobin - wants him to play faster.  There's more time to make plays/take decisions in the AHL.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Yeah, especially big guys, and this guy is 6’5”, 215. He was not as dominant in this game as in the last, but still had a brace. Goldobin first star in this one - now 6 assists in 2 games 7 overall - tied for second in league and team scoring with seven points and games in hand - Boucher also with 7 points - six of them goals. Lind with six points in five games, Baertschi with five in four. DiPietro stellar in net and the fans love him. The Utica D is very strong - Juolevi looks better each game, growing confidence and physicality. Teves, Rafferty, Blujus (replaced Sautner tonight), Chatfield and Brisebois Yes, if the injuries mount there will be lots of talent for the Canucks to bring up. I have no idea how they will integrate Lockwood, Woo, Rathbone, and maybe Madden, Focht, Keppen at the close of their seasons. Benning, what have you wrought?

Love everything you’re saying but thought I should point out the Comets have only played 4 games, not 5, and Baertschi missed one of them. 

so 6 points in 4 games for Lind and 5 points in 3 games for baer

goldy 7 points in 3

boucher 6 goals in 4 (1 a)

macewan 4 points in 4

jasek 4 points in 4

probably others too who are high scoring right now. Obviously not all these guys will finish at above a ppg but this is pretty promising stuff. DiPietro playing lights out as well

• Upvote 1