The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

It’s early to say and it’s only been 6 games (edit: 5)  but Lind was playing really well in the late stages of last season.  He was starting to find his scoring touch and it seems like he’s been able to take that game into this season.  If he keeps it up I think Lind could get a call up.  Bo is still looking for a consistent top 6 talent to play with.  Lind could be a star.  

Edited by Pure961089

17 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

It’s early to say and it’s only been 6 games but Lind was playing really well in the late stages of last season.  He was starting to find his scoring touch and it seems like he’s been able to take that game into this season.  If he keeps it up I think Lind could get a call up.  Bo is still looking for a consistent top 6 talent to play with.  Lind could be a star.  

You mean 4. I'm really surprised the Comets have been playing this well, even before Baertschi and Goldobin got into any games. What a turnaround, and what a difference center depth has seemed to make

4 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

For curiosity's sake, why does Kole have only 2 yrs left on his ELC, yet Gadjovich(according to cap friendly) still has 3 yrs? I thought they both burned 1 yr off, last season?

Advance thanks for enlightenment.

Both drafted in 2017 and both born in October 1998.  It has to do with the signing date / age of their ELCs.

Gadjovich signed his contract a year earlier in October 2017 and was still considered a 19 year old his 1st season in the AHL.  For teenagers the ELC slides if they don't play 10 NHL games.

Lind signed in March 2018 and was considered a 20 year old his 1st season in the AHL and his contract could not slide anymore. 

Age of the player at the signing date of his ELC is defined as his age on 15 September except if - see bolded:

Article 9.1. d of the CBA:

In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December 31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. [...]

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

If Gaudette isn't in for the next game with the Canucks then he should be with the Comets.

Imagine adding Gaudette to that offense. 

When Baer and Goldy are on the ice with Jasek, its like watching men playing boys, there is that much of a skill difference.   I'd be drooling watching Gaudette center those 2 - it'd be like starting every game 3 - 0

19 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

Love everything you’re saying but thought I should point out the Comets have only played 4 games, not 5, and Baertschi missed one of them. 

so 6 points in 4 games for Lind and 5 points in 3 games for baer

goldy 7 points in 3

boucher 6 goals in 4 (1 a)

macewan 4 points in 4

jasek 4 points in 4

probably others too who are high scoring right now. Obviously not all these guys will finish at above a ppg but this is pretty promising stuff. DiPietro playing lights out as well

I stand corrected.  Thanks!