The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

14 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

But you understand WE NEED A WINGER TO SCORE ON OUR SECOND LINE LEVIO IS GARBAGE

No need to freak out champ.  :frantic:

Baer will be back up but it won't be for Schaller. That is all I typed. Go read it again pal.

Leivo isn't garbage you spas. He may not be a top 6 forward but he ain't garbage. Get back on your spas meds.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Baer will be back up but it won't be for Schaller. That is all I typed. Go read it again pal.

Leivo isn't garbage you spas. He may not be a top 6 forward but he ain't garbage. Get back on your spas meds.

Leivo tries really hard, but does he accomplish much?  He’s a good utility player, but I don’t think we’d miss him much.  

2 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Call up Baertschi, send Gaudette down.

I have a feeling they’ll leave him down there for a bit. Just to make sure he keeps playing with confidence. Once they call him back up it should be for good.

I could see them sending Gaudette down and calling up a Dman like Sautner or Teves.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I have a feeling they’ll leave him down there for a bit. Just to make sure he keeps playing with confidence. Once they call him back up it should be for good.

I could see them sending Gaudette down and calling up a Dman like Sautner or Teves.

Isn't Sautner already with the Canucks? He was called up when the Swedish d-man went on LTIR. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Agreed, send Gaudette down. Call up Baer and sit Leivo for a few games

Can rotate Sven/Schaller/Motte/Leivo to sit in reality, if a guy isn't doing much out he comes, play well you stay in. We do have NHL F depth but we could use some more skill with Sven back with the big club

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I agree, even with Sven's great start they may let him stay down for a bit but hopefully by Christmas he is back up. For sure Gaud is the roster move that will be made when Roussel is back. I would so rather see LE just get waived and sent to the A for eternity...just was never a fit here, owner says he doesn't care about $ sitting wants best roster on Canucks...well that isn't currently happening!

I realize a 6m cap hit is a big pill to swallow on paper for an Owner, but he is a Billionaire no? Also, this is well into LE contract so waiving him won't deter future UFA signings, they will want to come here to play with our skilled players and its not like LE has shown he is worthy of staying in the NHL or is producing remotely close to his contract.

Sautner is already called up with Fantenberg on IR. From what I saw in pre season, Sautner wouldn't be the 1st D I would call up, I thought he looked ok, but Breezer was better imo for a lefty option...then there is OJ. Rafferty and Chatfield are the top 2 Righty call ups

37 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

It's not about points with Baertschi.  Everyone knows he can produce.  It's about getting his assertive game and confidence back, to play without hesitation or flinching, and be aggressive.  He's in a great situation to achieve that, there's no rush.

i agree, but remember there are few players we have that play an"assertive/aggressive" game. I hope he comes back to the team at some point and helps the Canucks, I feel we really could use that scoring depth option and he would help create a 3rd offensive line and give us a good option for PP unit #2.

Let's see how it all plays out!

8 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

WHO ARE YOU CALLING A SPAS!! Nah but in all seriousness schaller playing fine but we have a couple guys that fit better in a top 6 role than Levio, IMO we don’t need Levio we have better bottom 6 wingers and he clearly doesn’t fit into the top6. When roussell is back I’d send down LE and Levio and call up Baer

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

He's an upgrade on Granlund IMO.

Granlund was used in a defensive role while Leivo in an offensive one.  He doesn't kill penalties and doesn't produce all that much with the prime opportunities received.  His P60 was 294th despite playing top-6 and PP1 (Fs with min 40 games).  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

Granlund was used in a defensive role while Leivo in an offensive one.  He doesn't kill penalties and doesn't produce all that much with the prime opportunities received.  His P60 was 294th despite playing top-6 and PP1 (Fs with min 40 games).  

I think Leivo does a lot of little things well but ultimately that does not make up for a lack of production in his role. He wins a lot of board battle and makes good decisions, but he needs to be able to simply generate more in his usage. I think he's a good 3rd line offensive player and I thought a line of Baertschi - Gaudette - Leivo as our 3rd line would improve a lot as the season went on. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1