The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

9 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

According to a Utica fan who attended the game on reddit Juolevi is not looking great. Says he would not be on the roster if not for his draft position. 

Isn't reddit as bad as hf for Canuck and Canuck prospect info? I don't know personally....have never been to that site.

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Isn't reddit as bad as hf for Canuck and Canuck prospect info? I don't know personally....have never been to that site.

You're more likely to get fan-based outlooks than official perspectives, that's for sure.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

People there are generally more casual fans, but they tend to be a lot more level headed than on hockey specific forums. At least in the Canucks subreddit.

Edited by Mathew Barzal
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, ThaManbeast said:

If everybody clears there will be the exact same amount of opportunity for the young players. All of the guys waived today have veteran status so they will only be taking time away from other vets on the AHL squad.

Yep.  If all three clear the Comets will have 9 vets and only 6 can dress each game so there will be three healthy vet scratches assuming no injuries and call ups.  None of the young prospects will sit if Biega, Baertschi and Goldobin end up in Utica.  Hopefully plugs like Bancks and Hamilton will be sitting.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ThaManbeast said:

If everybody clears there will be the exact same amount of opportunity for the young players. All of the guys waived today have veteran status so they will only be taking time away from other vets on the AHL squad.

A little dated news. Waiver wire...tick tick tick

COMETS REDUCE PRESEASON ROSTER BY NINE

Sep 29, 2019

Utica, N.Y. – Utica Comets General Manager Ryan Johnson announced today that the club has reduced its preseason roster by nine players.

The following player has been re-assigned by Vancouver to the Kalamazoo Wings:

Jake Kielly

The following players have been loaned by Utica to Kalamazoo:

Zach Frye

Aaron Thow

Tanner Sorenson

Dylan Sadowy

The following player has been loaned by Utica to Brampton:

Matt Petgrave

The following players have been released from their professional tryouts:

Gregg Burmaster

Ian Edmondson

Matt Iacopelli

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

If I had to guess, then Bancks, Hamilton and Camper may get the short end of the stick as the AHL-only contract holders.  I suppose it's possible the Canucks could loan a vet out.

I'm curious about Utica's D with Biega going back to Utica.  The right side is, unusually, pretty packed with Biega, Rafferty, Chatfield and Eliot.  I assume someone is going to spend time in Kalamazoo just so they're not sitting too much.

35 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I'm curious about Utica's D with Biega going back to Utica.  The right side is, unusually, pretty packed with Biega, Rafferty, Chatfield and Eliot.  I assume someone is going to spend time in Kalamazoo just so they're not sitting too much.

And Woo on the way up.

From not enough to too many. That's the kind of difficult decision you want your bosses making. Now we need to stack the Center ice position the same way.

How long till Madden?

Edited by John_Guest

39 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

If I had to guess, then Bancks, Hamilton and Camper may get the short end of the stick as the AHL-only contract holders.  I suppose it's possible the Canucks could loan a vet out.

Camper is the closest thing that the Comets have for a playmaker center.  He will play.  The Comets always are short down the middle and this year is no exception.  I hope that doesn't mean Hamilton plays over another vet.  A total of 9 including the vet exempts and only 6 can dress each game.

• Upvote 2