The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like Goldy.  He put in the hours this off season building his body.  Glad he’s not hurt.  I hope he gets a shot on another team next year and dies great, so I can HATE HIS GUTS. 

I like him too. - never whinged, never complained, just listened and put in the work required of him

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

What do the Utica lines look like right now?

It’s hard to keep track sometimes. But for this game it was...

6EBE4F1D-AD9B-4FD4-A004-02396CBBCE7A.jpeg

....by the way canucksarmy website does good in depth comets post game news. The writer always puts down the lines in the games.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

It’s hard to keep track sometimes. But for this game it was...

6EBE4F1D-AD9B-4FD4-A004-02396CBBCE7A.jpeg

....by the way canucksarmy website does good in depth comets post game news. The writer always puts down the lines in the games.

Jasek seems to be a very under the radar prospect. Swapped to center and playing top 6 minutes. Bailey and Lind seem to be going right now too, so Jasek can't be too out of place there. Smart move to get a head start on him at center as early as training camp/preseason.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, theo5789 said:

Jasek seems to be a very under the radar prospect. Swapped to center and playing top 6 minutes. Bailey and Lind seem to be going right now too, so Jasek can't be too out of place there. Smart move to get a head start on him at center as early as training camp/preseason.

Jasek seems like he could be our Beagle replacement?  

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

That top line is on fire.  A JB drafting and pro scouting success story as far as the AHL goes. 

Bailey has earned a call up.  Has the guy finally put it together and found some confidence.  

Jasek has become a top six center at the AHL level?  Never even knew he could play center.  Is he the new late round gem?  

Lind has developed into a solid player.  He looks to be well worth his draft pick.  

Raftery.... the Hughes of the AHL.  He could be something.  

Then OJ, Depeitro and even Gads as a bottom six roke player are progressing well.  

Utica is looking very strong atm.  

Less man games lost in the NHL has really solidified the Comets.  

Fingers crossed Rafferty returns quickly.  

Those of us old enough to remember the old Moose days can see some resemblances.  The boost to the big club when Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Edler and Hansen all got called up, sparking the run to the cup finals, might be replicated by Bailey, Lind, Jasek, Rafferty and Juolevi.   Not saying the skill level is comparable, but the injection of energetic, hungry youth does work wonders.  Don't always need to trade for some other team's discards, or sign FAs to generate excitement and success.

(And as an aside, I think Jasek is the unsung hero of the Comets this season)

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Those of us old enough to remember the old Moose days can see some resemblances.  The boost to the big club when Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Edler and Hansen all got called up, sparking the run to the cup finals, might be replicated by Bailey, Lind, Jasek, Rafferty and Juolevi.   Not saying the skill level is comparable, but the injection of energetic, hungry youth does work wonders.  Don't always need to trade for some other team's discards, or sign FAs to generate excitement and success.

(And as an aside, I think Jasek is the unsung hero of the Comets this season)

We need to make room for some of our depth at some point in Utica to make the transition to the NHL. We can't do that if we don't make trades or I guess we just wait for players to be in their contract year and let them walk for nothing.

That is why I am an advocate this season for entertaining the idea of trading almost anyone off our NHL roster, if we can gain younger assets or draft picks and continue to compete that is a win win in my books.

Once we are a perennial playoff team we are going to want those extra picks etc to be able to make moves and add to our team for a chance at longer post season runs

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

We need to make room for some of our depth at some point in Utica to make the transition to the NHL. We can't do that if we don't make trades or I guess we just wait for players to be in their contract year and let them walk for nothing.

That is why I am an advocate this season for entertaining the idea of trading almost anyone off our NHL roster, if we can gain younger assets or draft picks and continue to compete that is a win win in my books.

Once we are a perennial playoff team we are going to want those extra picks etc to be able to make moves and add to our team for a chance at longer post season runs

As long as we are in the playoff race that's not going to happen, unless we get direct replacements in return or acquire otherwise.  Once younger players have proven they can supplant veterans, THEN will they be moved.  Nobody "sells" when they are projecting to make the post-season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

As long as we are in the playoff race that's not going to happen, unless we get direct replacements in return or acquire otherwise.  Once younger players have proven they can supplant veterans, THEN will they be moved.  Nobody "sells" when they are projecting to make the post-season.

I am well aware we are not going to do that