The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] - VAN - MIN

Yeah I don't think we come out on top in that trade. 

Jake is looking like a solid bottom 6 guy at the moment, with hopes that he can still be a top 6. I know Tanev doesn't have big value at the moment because he gets hurt very often. But when that guy is healthy he is a really solid top 4 defensive RD. We gotta remember it is only really due to injuries (understandably though) that his value has taken such a big hit, so maybe it would be worth just giving the guy some more decent minutes and he can hopefully get a solid healthy start to the season and really help our D. 

Zucker is good I do get that and he got 30 goals once which is impressive...but I dunno. I just don't really feel like he is the top 6 winger that we've been needing. 5 mil for him isn't bad, but also I feel like we have a lot of those kinda forwards (Baer, Miller) and I wouldn't mind putting that money into something with more potential or higher upside. Maybe a trade to obtain and sign Nikita Gusev?

Edited by Bobby James

Minnesota already turned those players down.  Not sure if in the same package but Fenton had no interest in the players proposed by Vancouver per Russo who named Tanev and Virtanen.

It's even less likely that they have interest now that they've filled their needs through free agency.  They found their right wings in Zuccarello and Ryan Hartman.

Tanev would be a 3rd pairing D in Minnesota.  Fenton after free agency again talked of how confident he is in their top 4Ds.  Tanev is also a free agent in a year and Minnesota was not looking for a rental.  They weren't even looking for Ds.

Edited by mll

Just now, Alflives said:

Is Zucker a play making and controlled zone entry winger?  I have no clue (not that I really ever do:) who this is.  Bo needs that type of winger. 

He is more of a "not worth Jake and Tanev" type of winger

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Trading him for less than his value makes it pretty much personal doesn't it?

Heard it by watching legorocks99 on YouTube. Not mine, wanted to see what people thought.

I personally like Virtanen and I have faith in him.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Heard it by watching legorocks99 on YouTube. Not mine, wanted to see what people thought.

I personally like Virtanen and I have faith in him.

Fair enough.    I have not a clue what a legorocks99 is but he/she/it are undervaluing Jake Virtanen.

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

Fair enough.    I have not a clue what a legorocks99 is but he/she/it are undervaluing Jake Virtanen.

His name is Gio Palermo. Young kid, early twenties, his comments and on the Canucks are interesting and unfortunately, as accurate as any other media in Vancouver and that’s not a knock on Gio. 

I listen to what he’s got to say here and there.