The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Benning's Youth

I am so tired of Benning getting slagged, so I thought for my own interest of actually putting down the young players he has actually signed as free Agents or has Drafted.

The first Tier are 1st line players (Starters), the second line being players that are or will play in the NHL, the third tier are players that have a decent chance of making it, 

and the 4th tier are players that have a chance.

It should be noted that IMO, we have a chance at 4 Calder trophy nominees, with 1 winner and only Demko being a starter that I do not believe will be that high, but one

never knows. So in 6 years, I think that is a solid effort.

I would love to hear you thoughts...…..but that is a pretty nice list

Pettersson...………..Boeser……………...Hughes...………...Podkolzin…………….Demko

Juolevi...………..Hoglander…………...Tryamkin………….Virtanen...………….Gaudette...………...Woo...………...McCann...………..Stecher (FA)………...Goldobin...……….McEwen (FA)

Forsling...…………...DiPietro...…………...Lind...…………….Jasek……………..Madden...…...……...Karlsson(Dahlen)…...……...Teves (FA)…………...Rafferty (FA)

Brisebois...……...Rathbone...……….Lockwood...………..Gadjovich...………..Keppen…………...Sautner...……...Eliot (FA)………...Chatfield (FA)………..Kielly (FA)

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I don't want to be "that guy" but it's 5 years :rolleyes:

Yeah, but I don't want to be that other guy.....sooooooo!

2014......Virtanen

2015......Boeser

2016......Juolevi

2017...…Pettersson

2018...…Hughes

2019...…Podkolzin

Man, time flies!...…….But you wong! LOL :emot-parrot:

It is 6 drafts

But I did say "years"...……..:picard:

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Haha 1

All i can say is Benning has average draft is no 8th overall since he started but somehow has managed the 2-3rd best lot of under 21ers in the league.  

Complainers will complain.  Where is EDM on this list?  Close to DFL. Sure they’ve aged out but they also rank 30th compared to ADP, where as Benning is 8th.   

Complainers will complain no matter what.   Like the Myers  signing was an an overpayment despite 58 guys within  500k, a lot of them with NMC and NTC.  Boo boo we didn’t sign him for 7.5-8x7 so we all could really bi$&h about it.   Yet some do.

Miller cost us a first round pick.  Yet Horvat is absolutely stoked he’s no longer working for a losing squad.  Why don’t we wait a year before passing judgement on that one. 

Benning or whomever took on a team falling.   And did what he could given the mandate.   Personally I thought things would be a lot worse.  

• -SN- changed the title to [Discussion] Benning's Youth