The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] NHL team to Offer Sheet Marner

2 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

I don’t care if it’s just a rumour, this is making my day. Hoping it’s true that someone isn’t afraid to stick it to the leafs. I have never liked the old boys club and everyone playing nice. I think the best case scenario is the offer sheet is real and signed, TO figures out a way to match and ices a team with no depth or cap options for the foreseeable future. 

I’m thinking the only club Dubas is part of is “The Mickey Mouse” club.

310A602C-5F71-490E-B869-CF11BB755F0E.jpeg

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

No lube? 

Savage. 

But its the leafs. 

But if someone offer sheets Boeser?

Im as torn as Abradolf Lincler. 

He can't be offer sheeted

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Colorado are so set up with young talent and cap room 27 million...Sign Rantanen for 8.5 - 9 million so 18 million to sign Zadorav, Kamenev,  other super star on team are signed for 4 yrs ..Colorado are a scary team now with a 2nd line centre. They will be a top 8 team for many years..They will miss Barries offence ..

They currently have the room to fit all their guys, but adding Marner squeezes them. If they are willing to give Marner 12.67 million for 5 years, Rantanen who put up a similar PPG to Marner isn't going to sign for 8.5-9. They will need to take into account then all the other signing keeping in mind that on 4 years they will likely have at least 3 players signed to over 10+ million. It's not impossible, it'll be a calculated risk, but unlike with Panarin, they will be losing 4 1sts that they could be putting into the lineup as ELCs.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

They currently have the room to fit all their guys, but adding Marner squeezes them. If they are willing to give Marner 12.67 million for 5 years, Rantanen who put up a similar PPG to Marner isn't going to sign for 8.5-9. They will need to take into account then all the other signing keeping in mind that on 4 years they will likely have at least 3 players signed to over 10+ million. It's not impossible, it'll be a calculated risk, but unlike with Panarin, they will be losing 4 1sts that they could be putting into the lineup as ELCs.

big gamble by LL, but also a brilliant move to screw the Leaves.........either they lose their best player and shot at the cup, or they match and are on cap life support and forced to make a big move, likely greatly closing their window to win a cup in the next cpl years.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

you can offer sheet all you want , Marner need to sign first, he is from Toronto , say all you want its mean a lot to some players ….

you think hes going to turn down 12+m for the next 5 years?

Just now, stawns said:

you think hes going to turn down 12+m for the next 5 years?

Depends on two factors : 1) What Toronto offering , 2) Which team offer sheet him, if Columbus, YES, I am strongly belief he will turn down any offers, if NYI.....I am not sure 

7 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

you can offer sheet all you want , Marner need to sign first, he is from Toronto , say all you want its mean a lot to some players ….

If he loved Toronto that much, he would've signed already to a deal that is manageable for the team. He likely wants his fair share after the team gave Nylander and Matthews their "fair" deals. If they are going to play games with him, then the loyalty isn't going both ways and that means a lot to players too.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

Negotiations ? I am not saying he will sign with Toronto for 4mln less, but its very well documented he is a Toronto lover, lets see signature under the offer sheet first, all I am saying 

I'm sure he wants to stay in Toronto, there's no doubt about that. These rumours may even have been brought out from his agent to speed the negotiations up. The team keeps making deals that clear room and then they fill up that space making other signings instead of making Marner the priority. Toronto has committed to everyone but him so far. So curious to see what the hold up is and which side is the problem (could be both).

• Upvote 2

Amusing that people actively want other GM's to stir the pot and try and screw TO. 

People realize outside of BC, for whatever reason,  we're one of the least liked franchises out there?

And we have arguably the best young core group of players on elc ever assembled in this organization?   

Let me guess   we're not going to be in cap trouble so it's different. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1