The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

1 minute ago, cory40 said:

How can you throw big money and term at Brock. He has no track record for summer conditioning etc. I like him but players that hold teams ransom are never good team building players.

He plays in Da Beauty League over the summer and is dominant in it to boot!

There's still months before camp starts (see Horvat signing), no one is holding anyone ransom at this point.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, cory40 said:

How can you throw big money and term at Brock. He has no track record for summer conditioning etc. I like him but players that hold teams ransom are never good team building players.

Go home Brind’Amour, you’re drunk.

• Haha 4

JB has to negotiate hard for a 7 or 8 yr deal.  Drive a hard bargain. 

Precedent has to be set with BB. Or well be looking like TML in a couple of years. All the kids will want big money short term deals so they can hit UFA asap.  

7 yrs. 6.5 mill per year is a fair deal for both sides. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Precedent has to be set with BB. Or well be looking like TML in a couple of years. All the kids will want big money short term deals so they can hit UFA asap.  

I think he will end up signing 6yr x 6.8 million before end of August..

On 7/17/2019 at 10:36 AM, cory40 said:

I seem to recall Horvat being treated much the same way when he was an RFA. 

That got done and I’m sure Boeser gets done much in the same way. Guessing both sides come together at training camp on a 5 year, 6.5-6.75 type of a deal. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, chickenman92 said:

I seem to recall Horvat being treated much the same way when he was an RFA. 

That got done and I’m sure Boeser gets done much in the same way. Guessing both sides come together at training camp on a 5 year, 6.5-6.75 type of a deal. 

5 years is the worst possible term for the team, as it takes him just to UFA, so I would say the chances of the term being 5 years is close to zero. ANY other term is much more likely.

• Upvote 2

Just now, WeneedLumme said:

5 years is the worst possible term for the team, as it takes him just to UFA, so I would say the chances of the term being 5 years is close to zero. ANY other term is much more likely.

Yep, 4 or 5 is worst for the team.  5 to UFA and 4 until he could get a 1 year arbitration award that takes him to free agency.

If he is really stuck on a big number for long term, then a 3 year deal works as the next best option.  We have lots of money coming off the books then and will have a good sense of how good he is.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

No chance at that term and that AAV, imo.  To me, a bridge deal at a "show me" AAV is the best move.

4 years at 5.5 aav

1 hour ago, stawns said:

No chance at that term and that AAV, imo.  To me, a bridge deal at a "show me" AAV is the best move.

4 years at 5.5 aav

No chance hes signing a 4 year at 5.5 considering what others are signing for. You can say all you want about boeser have no bargaining power, but Benning wouldn't be able to afford to have him hold out if he wantd to compete for a playoff spot to save his job. Not saying boeser would, but he ain't going to sign a bridge deal especially one with a fairly long years attached. They are all waiting for the other rfa to sign so they can have comparison 

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

No chance hes signing a 4 year at 5.5 considering what others are signing for. You can say all you want about boeser have no bargaining power, but Benning wouldn't be able to afford to have him hold out if he wantd to compete for a playoff spot to save his job. Not saying boeser would, but he ain't going to sign a bridge deal especially one with a fairly long years attached. They are all waiting for the other rfa to sign so they can have comparison 

I don't think it would happen either, but I think that's a fair deal.  Boes hasn't really earned a higher salary yet.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

4 years at 5.5 aav

What does he have to show though?  To date he’s clipping along as a 34 goal, 68 point player... I think we can certainly argue what those numbers are worth but I just don’t see Brock having anything to prove?

19 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

What does he have to show though?  To date he’s clipping along as a 34 goal, 68 point player... I think we can certainly argue what those numbers are worth but I just don’t see Brock having anything to prove?

how can he be a 34 goal scorer without ever hitting 30 goals?  He's also pretty one dimensional and is not a play driver, at all.  I like Boes, but he's not a player who puts the team on his shoulders and he shouldn't be paid as one.

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

how can he be a 34 goal scorer without ever hitting 30 goals?  He's also pretty one dimensional and is not a play driver, at all.  I like Boes, but he's not a player who puts the team on his shoulders and he shouldn't be paid as one.

Look at his numbers though. You take them over an 82 game season and he’s averaging 34.  If I’m his agent that’s what I’m pushing (and I think it’s a fair argument).  

I’d disagree on the play driving, I don’t think he gets enough credit for his game outside of scoring goals BUT that can certainly be argued one way or another... the numbers are hard to argue with though.... perhaps you could question his ability to make it through a season though?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Look at his numbers though. You take them over an 82 game season and he’s averaging 34.  If I’m his agent that’s what I’m pushing (and I think it’s a fair argument).  

I’d disagree on the play driving, I don’t think he gets enough credit for his game outside of scoring goals BUT that can certainly be argued one way or another... the numbers are hard to argue with though.... perhaps you could question his ability to make it through a season though?

it's not that I don't see your point (and I would love to see that same principle applied to Jake), but the fact is, he hasn't done it yet, regardless of what his projections say.  That's why I think a short, reasonably priced bridge deal is best for both sides.  Right now he isn't an elite scoring wnger, imo, even if if he has the potential to be one.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

it's not that I don't see your point (and I would love to see that same principle applied to Jake), but the fact is, he hasn't done it yet, regardless of what his projections say.  That's why I think a short, reasonably priced bridge deal is best for both sides.  Right now he isn't an elite scoring wnger, imo, even if if he has the potential to be one.

4 year deal is not short. You can apply the same principle to jake if u want but if you take out all his empty net goals hes projected to exactly the same as he finished at. If hes signing at below market at 5.5 itll be for 2 years.. which would put the Canucks in a terrible spot. If boeser continues to improve and be in the 8+mil range then I dunno how they will get petterson and Hughes and boeser all under contract. Pettersson will have arbitration rights so he ain't signing a low bridge deal. If Hughes is the real deal I dont see how u can convince him to sign for less than myer.

• Upvote 1

On 7/19/2019 at 11:44 AM, J-Dizzle said:

And the team simply needs to remind his agent that he doesn't play 82 games a season.

In his only 2 seasons he has played 62 games and 69 games. Show the team he can actually play 82 and then maybe that argument becomes reality. Right now it is wishful thinking.

Edit: not sure why people are confused by my post. There are TWO sides to a negotiation. The post I quoted argued one side and I presented the other. Pretty simple I thought. I guess not.  :lol:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/20/2019 at 11:55 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

And the team simply needs to remind his agent that he doesn't play 82 games a season.

In his only 2 seasons he has played 62 games and 69 games. Show the team he can actually play 82 and then maybe that argument becomes reality. Right now it is wishful thinking.

This guy is right and is making the most sense. 82 games or bust.