The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

15 hours ago, HKSR said:

What a terrible nickname for a guy that just signed way under value.  Would make more sense if it was "Bunker".

Yeah, if Labanc was my “Banker” I’d probably switch banks. :lol:

Well, maybe right after I asked him about “understanding and stepping up” to give me a bunch of free money. ;) 

Boeser deserves 7- 8 mill lets be real. Hurry up and sign the guy! What can go wrong? Do you guys not remember his rookie season? dude looked like Ovie every shift. Such a lethal shot, I don't ever want to un-see it. At 23rd Benning hit a home run and you god damn better assume hes going to do everything he can to keep him. 

Boeser with another almost 30 goal season while being injured is very impressive. You gotta sign the dude which they will. Our core is looking fantastic boys. Lets just be patient and wait. In the mean time we finally have some entertaining hockey to watch. Yall remember the twins two years agor? I remember being at work and getting non stop alerts that Boeser had scored. It was the best thing ever. Go Caucks go!!! SIGN DA FLOW WHATEVER IT TAKES!!! 

17 hours ago, EdgarM said:

A player who has proven he can produce in 3 seasons of playoffs is definitely more valuable then a player who has never played 1 playoff game. 

So by your formula nick bonino is more valuable than pettersson?

best gif thumbs up GIF

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, coryberg said:

So by your formula nick bonino is more valuable than pettersson?

best gif thumbs up GIF

Its quite odd that you would think that after seeing Petey's performance this past year. You totally didn't comprehend my statement at all not even at a grade 7 level. Apologies if you are grade 7 or younger.

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Schneider.Man604 said:

Its quite odd that you would think that after seeing Petey's performance this past year. You totally didn't comprehend my statement at all not even at a grade 7 level. Apologies if you are grade 7 or younger.

It's quite odd that you would think that I was talking to you seeing as I quoted edgarM. You totally can't read your own screen name at all not even at a grade 7 level. Apologies if you are grade 7 or younger.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

I agree, he’s a great shooter but hasn’t shown much else, a one dimensional player. That one dimension is highly valued in the NHL and on our team for certain, but he’s no Brett Hull or Ovechkin, Stamkos, let alone even Laine (who has his own drawbacks). For him to be paid like an “elite” goal scorer he needs to be an elite multi dimensional player or an absolute certainty (aka Ovie light, which he is not). His skating is an issue and I certainly hope he tries to address this in the off-season, as Bo successfully did. It’s an improvable skill, and given last years injury he likely didn’t have the time or ability to do so. 

If you’re paying someone 7-8 mil per year they need to be a driver of play, not a highly talented support player. I don’t believe Boeser is a play driver, nor will he be given his skating. He really should not be getting more than Pastrnak ($6.6 cap hit) and I really dont think he should be getting more than Bo, as Bo is legitimately our MVP (Petey will be in a year). Our salary structure needs to be 1. Petey 2. Bo 3. Boeser. That’s reasonable and fair. Boeser should get a 4 year 5.4 mil prove it contract. If longer term, ok you account for salary escalation since Bo signed and Boeser becomes #2 at say 6.25 max - 7 year term. 

DP

Edited by hammertime

When is this gonna get done? The last thing we wanna see is a Nylander type situation which isn’t good for either side of the bargain. The tough thing about this is Boeser has been so injured the past couple of seasons to correctly evaluate what he is worth exactly. First year, absolutely a beast. Second year, not so much and we saw a step back in his development. I hope we can find a middle ground with him and not leave a sour taste in the negotiations. 

• Wat 1

9 hours ago, st33 said:

Gotta have to agree that there's a lot of boeser bias here. Especially saying he had a wicked shot in his rookie season therefore he's worth a lot now... Almost is like you completely forgot the next season where his shot was much weaker from the injury.

His numbers were inflated by ep40 this time around. At this point in his career with no leverage, he has no leg to stand on saying he's worth 7-8 mill. Injury prone so far and needs to show he can skate at a higher weight and can shoot after his injury at an NHL level play. Pointing out he's top point getter at his summer league means squat.

This. He still has a lot to prove. Imho it should be FAIR and reasonable (5.5-6 million) long term deal or do a short show me bridge deal. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, st33 said:

Gotta have to agree that there's a lot of boeser bias here. Especially saying he had a wicked shot in his rookie season therefore he's worth a lot now... Almost is like you completely forgot the next season where his shot was much weaker from the injury.

His numbers were inflated by ep40 this time around. At this point in his career with no leverage, he has no leg to stand on saying he's worth 7-8 mill. Injury prone so far and needs to show he can skate at a higher weight and can shoot after his injury at an NHL level play. Pointing out he's top point getter at his summer league means squat.

Explain how he is injury prone 

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

This. He still has a lot to prove. Imho it should be FAIR and reasonable (5.5-6 million) long term deal or do a short show me bridge deal. 

I agree, Ryp.  I think he will probably wants a bridge deal.  He seems like a pretty confident guy and the chances of getting a more lucrative contract is after the USTV rights have been signed (which will add ++++$ to the NHL coffers).  I think he rolls the dice of going with the bridge and then landing a long term, big $ afterwards.

It’s a good thing Rousell is IR and we can use his cap space to sign Brock, if need be. 

It will I’ll be interesting what he signs at. I don’t think he will get 7 or more like some are saying here. I say it will be around 6 to 6.5 when it’s all said and done. It will get done. Patience is key here. Fans and media get too carried away with the sky falling routine!

Brock is a very good player but not an elite level guy like EP.  Should be easy to sign. EP is the contract that will be challenging in a couple years....

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, riffraff said:

Explain how he is injury prone 

Maybe prone is the wrong word, but both seasons in the NHL cut short by injury. None of which are his fault but you cant be paying a guy that type of contract if you're not getting a full season. He needs to play a few full seasons IMO to prove his worth. I think it would be smart for him to try and sign up until free agency a bridge deal and then take the payday. If he happens to consistently play 60 someodd games, then you're still getting value in the contract and maybe we can afford him. If he ends up in the scoring race then he will get the 10+ mill contract. Theoretically his numbers should only improve playing alongside EP.

18 minutes ago, st33 said:

Maybe prone is the wrong word, but both seasons in the NHL cut short by injury. None of which are his fault but you cant be paying a guy that type of contract if you're not getting a full season. He needs to play a few full seasons IMO to prove his worth. I think it would be smart for him to try and sign up until free agency a bridge deal and then take the payday. If he happens to consistently play 60 someodd games, then you're still getting value in the contract and maybe we can afford him. If he ends up in the scoring race then he will get the 10+ mill contract. Theoretically his numbers should only improve playing alongside EP.

Boeser has shown he is capable of scoring at least 25 goals a season. You gotta pay those players what they deserve. 

• Upvote 1