The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

4 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

What a load of crap. He would have been a 30+ goal-scorer and 60+ point player if it wasn't for his injury. And don't give me that garbage about him being injury prone. He almost broke his damn back. I also bet that injury led to his problems this past season, since he wasn't able to get a full summer to properly train.

Last time I checked wrists are pretty important for goal scores. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

7 mill for a sure thing 30 goal scorer with potential to be 40-50 I think there camp is being very fair and working with us, the injury thing is a bit of a concern I say 4 years 6.5 

If he gets injured then we put him on LTIR, but any GM shouldn't manage with hypotheticals. I say lock him up 7x7 and begin looking forward to training camp. It's on the cusp of becoming a distraction already. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

If he gets injured then we put him on LTIR, but any GM shouldn't manage with hypotheticals. I say lock him up 7x7 and begin looking forward to training camp. It's on the cusp of becoming a distraction already. 

The talk on SN650 was that they think JB offered 7 x 7M but BB came back with 4 x 7M.

I would totally do the 7 x 7M.  But the rebuttal is letting BB camp dictate terms.  So there would need to be some more negotiations from both sides to finalize the deal.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

The talk on SN650 was that they think JB offered 7 x 7M but BB came back with 4 x 7M.

I would totally do the 7 x 7M.  But the rebuttal is letting BB camp dictate terms.  So there would need to be some more negotiations from both sides to finalize the deal.

That seems a likely scenario.  For that price tag, Boeser needs to give up some free agent years.

As long as they avoid a 4 or 5 year deal, anything else is pretty manageable.

Do u guys think about his durability tho tbh id rather see a bridge show me deal to see if he can stay healthy he has alot of man games lost and a bad wrist which is key for his gamebreaker of a shot so if he can stay healthy in the 4 year duration and put up consistent 30-40 goal seasons than ya he will get his big payday and if he does continue to miss 20 games a year that would give us leverage in his fa year 

3 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

7 mill for a sure thing 30 goal scorer with potential to be 40-50 I think there camp is being very fair and working with us, the injury thing is a bit of a concern I say 4 years 6.5 

Yes, they’re paying an 11 goal(5 of which were empty netters) scorer, 6 mill/year.  I think the Boeser camp is using that as a stance as saying they’re not going anywhere below 6 & I think the Canucks want to pay him 5 for a bridge deal... that’s probably the hold up.

A couple things before I state an opinion:

1 - It is August, I miss having hockey to talk about

2 - I’m not a GM (thank god)

3 - I’m a Canuck fan and try to stay positive all the time. 

Now, BB is up for a new contract. Bo signed what I believe is a very team friendly deal saving us a few bucks. EP and Hughes are on entry level deals and we have a few gems brewing around the lower leagues still. Maybe it’s time to take some more risks. Sign BB to a low AAV 2 year deal. Gives him time to show how good he really is and save the team some $$$. Use that $$$ to retain salary and throw a second to try and get rid of Eriksson. With all the new blood in the locker room this year, a top six (with actual top six players) a defence that may be able to function without Edler or Tanev and Marky stepping it up this could be a small window. In 2 years we will hopefully have a cup contender worth taking a discount for and know who of the young guys is really worth the payday. I say if Brock doesn’t want long term than give him the old school bridge. If he proves he’s as good as we think he is then he will get more than $7 million pretty quick. If he’s not then we saved a bundle. It’s risky as if they are all good it will be hard to keep together, but if they are all that good then we are contenders. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, shiznak said:

If they’re valid points, then I would say......well played.

If you look at players around the league, who are similar age and had similar numbers as Boeser. Most of them aren’t making 7m+.

Pastrnak - 6.6m

Nylander - 6.9m

Larkin - 6.1m

Dumba - 6m

Guentzel - 6m

Meier - 6m

Pointing out market value is different than trying to devalue someone though....

“Brock here’s what other good players your age are getting paid” is a lot different than, “you’re kind of one dimensional and rely too much on your team mates.”

probably just me St me on my hobby horse here but I find one of those negotiation tactics distasteful :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Yes, they’re paying an 11 goal(5 of which were empty netters) scorer, 6 mill/year.  I think the Boeser camp is using that as a stance as saying they’re not going anywhere below 6 & I think the Canucks want to pay him 5 for a bridge deal... that’s probably the hold up.

We are paying our leading scorer 925k/year. Should the Canucks use that as their stance and suggest that BB should not get anymore than that?

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, shiznak said:

If you look at players around the league, who are similar age and had similar numbers as Boeser. Most of them aren’t making 7m+.

Pastrnak - 6.6m

Nylander - 6.9m

Larkin - 6.1m

Dumba - 6m

Guentzel - 6m

Meier - 6m

Why is Dumba included in this list?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, shiznak said:

Pastrnak - 6.6m

Nylander - 6.9m

Larkin - 6.1m

Dumba - 6m

Guentzel - 6m

Meier - 6m

Boeser has had a better start to his career goals and points wise than Larkin, Guentzel, and Meier prior to them signing their contracts. Heck even Pastrnak before he signed his contract. 

He should be right in line with Pastrnak and Nylander's ~7.2 million for 6 years cap adjusted. Dollar amount going down if signed for fewer years. Higher if signed for more. Since he's a little older, that should factor in (increase) as well as it buys more ufa time. 

Roughly

8 million x 7 years

7.4 million x 6 years 

6.8 million x 5 years

6.4 million x 4 years

Should all be about right in my non-expert opinion. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Boeser has had a better start to his career goals and points wise than Larkin, Guentzel, and Meier prior to them signing their contracts. Heck even Pastrnak before he signed his contract. 

He should be right in line with Pastrnak and Nylander's ~7.2 million for 6 years cap adjusted. Dollar amount going down if signed for fewer years. Higher if signed for more. Since he's a little older, that should factor in (increase) as well as it buys more ufa time. 

Roughly

8 million x 7 years

7.4 million x 6 years 

6.8 million x 5 years

6.4 million x 4 years

Should all be about right in my non-expert opinion. 

You could make a case for Guentzel, but Pastrnak scored 34 goals and 70 points when he signed that contract. Larkin with 63 points, while being Detroit’s number one centermen at the age of 21.

These two players are far more valuable, salary wise than Boeser.

2 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Why is Dumba included in this list?

Because similar age and numbers, despite being a defensemen which are far more valuable than a winger.

• Upvote 2