The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

15 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

What a load of crap. He would have been a 30+ goal-scorer and 60+ point player if it wasn't for his injury. And don't give me that garbage about him being injury prone. He almost broke his damn back. I also bet that injury led to his problems this past season, since he wasn't able to get a full summer to properly train.

Come on man the guy has been with us 2 full seasons, hasn't broken 30 goals per season, hasn't played a full season due to injuries. Those are just facts, no one is feeding you a load of crap. I do think he can be a star and top line player but we need to see durability and consistency from him and this season will be a big one for him especially with the additions JB added to compliment all our young talent.

2 hours ago, shiznak said:

You could make a case for Guentzel, but Pastrnak scored 34 goals and 70 points when he signed that contract. Larkin with 63 points, while being Detroit’s number one centermen at the age of 21.

These two players are far more valuable, salary wise than Boeser.

Because similar age and numbers, despite being a defensemen which are far more valuable than a winger.

Pastrnak got his contract after his first 30 goal 70 point season. Something Boeser could've hit 2 years running. His contract is 7.2 million a season for 6 years cap adjusted. That's roughly around what Boeser is worth imo. I put Boeser slightly higher as he has done it for 2 years while Pastrnak only did it for 1 season before his contract. I put roughly 7.4 million for 6 years, which is only a $200,000 AAV difference.

Dylan Larkin had 63 points in 82 games but only 16 goals. Boeser was on pace for 30+ goals and 70+ points that year. Larkin also only had 32 points the year prior. Add to that, Larkin got a 5 year contract. Boeser is easily going to suprass Larkin's contract by a good margin for this reason. Especially because Nylander got nearly 7 AAV for 2 60 point seasons which is more comparable to Boeser. 

All-in-all these seem pretty close to me:

8 million x 7 years

7.4 million x 6 years (7.2 million x 6 years for Pastrnak, Boeser has 2 productive seasons to Pastrnak's 1 at point of contract)

6.8 million x 5 years (Larkin 6.25 mill x 5 years, not as good a goal scorer, less proven at time of contract than Boeser)

6.4 million x 4 years

8 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Do u guys think about his durability tho tbh id rather see a bridge show me deal to see if he can stay healthy he has alot of man games lost and a bad wrist which is key for his gamebreaker of a shot so if he can stay healthy in the 4 year duration and put up consistent 30-40 goal seasons than ya he will get his big payday and if he does continue to miss 20 games a year that would give us leverage in his fa year 

probably a smart thing to do

6 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Who is this sure thing 30 goal scorer?

59 goals in 140 games played would you like me to do the exact math for you?

35 goals sound better to you? Never mind he was playing with an injured wrist last season and went through a dry spell because of it 

we all know we have a special player here and end of the day 7 million isint an overpayment is what my post was getting at... enlighten me tho... why you think boeser isint a legit top end goal scorer that’s going to put up 30 goals if he’s healthy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

Pastrnak got his contract after his first 30 goal 70 point season. Something Boeser could've hit 2 years running. His contract is 7.2 million a season for 6 years cap adjusted. That's roughly around what Boeser is worth imo. I put Boeser slightly higher as he has done it for 2 years while Pastrnak only did it for 1 season before his contract. I put roughly 7.4 million for 6 years, which is only a $200,000 AAV difference.

Dylan Larkin had 63 points in 82 games but only 16 goals. Boeser was on pace for 30+ goals and 70+ points that year. Larkin also only had 32 points the year prior. Add to that, Larkin got a 5 year contract. Boeser is easily going to suprass Larkin's contract by a good margin for this reason. Especially because Nylander got nearly 7 AAV for 2 60 point seasons which is more comparable to Boeser. 

8 million x 7 years

7.4 million x 6 years (7.2 million x 6 years for Pastrnak, Boeser has 2 productive seasons to Pastrnak's 1 at point of contract)

6.8 million x 5 years (Larkin 6.25 mill x 5 years, not as good a goal scorer, less proven at time of contract than Boeser)

6.4 million x 4 years

Both Pasternak and Larkin are far more complete players and the future franchise players for their teams.  They are Petey comparables.

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

Both Pasternak and Larkin are far more complete players and the future franchise players for their teams.  They are Petey comparables.

Are they? Petey blew both of their rookie seasons out of the water. Boeser blew their rookie seasons out of the water. What they are now doesn't really have any standing as to what they were when they signed their contracts.

Boeser will make more than Larkin and similar/more to Pastrnak and I'll put money on that. 

Honestly I'm happy that he will, he's had a better first couple seasons than Larkin and Pastrnak did and that's pretty exciting. 

We are comparing Boeser to 2017 Pastrnak and 2018 Larkin, and Boeser has had 2 productive seasons to both of their 1 at this comparable. Good for Detroit and Boston as if they had to pay them a year later, they'd be making wayyyyy more.

Edited by Duodenum

6 hours ago, Duodenum said:

8 million x 7 years

6.4 million x 4 years

Just curious where you stand on Laine? Does he deserve more than Boeser based on past seasons, despite having an off year? 

51 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Just curious where you stand on Laine? Does he deserve more than Boeser based on past seasons, despite having an off year? 

He'll get more in a long term deal than Boeser based on his pedigree and potential. 3 x 30 goal scorer and a top 5 pick. He might have to settle for a bridge deal with the season he just had though. In saying that, I think Boeser will be worth the money more than Laine as I find him nothing more than a shooter with little else going on in his game currently. Obviously that can change as he's quite young. He'll get 8+ on a long term deal imo (6+ years). Less as the years go down.

7 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

Come on man the guy has been with us 2 full seasons, hasn't broken 30 goals per season, hasn't played a full season due to injuries. Those are just facts, no one is feeding you a load of crap. I do think he can be a star and top line player but we need to see durability and consistency from him and this season will be a big one for him especially with the additions JB added to compliment all our young talent.

You are feeding me a load of crap. The FACTS are those missed games are the reason why he didn't hit 30 goals, and he missed those games because of a serious injury that could have potentially ended his career.

Also, this past season, the games he missed were from the first couple of months. When he came back he played the rest of season and didn't miss any more games. The fact that he would have been a back-to-back 30-goal scored if he didn't miss those games is pretty god damn consistent to me.

14 hours ago, Duodenum said:

8 million x 7 years

6.4 million x 4 years

Of course both these guys are all-stars too.  And since have exploded.  

I agree that these deals are close to what Boeser will get - but who’s the better player isn’t up to much debate Pastrnak is one of a few guys capable of scoring 90plus and Larkin (who skates as well as anyone, broke Gartners long lasting all-star record a few years ago) broke out last year, plays center and doesn’t have EP or anyone close to it to pad his stats...

Personally I think Conner is his best comparable followed by Miers.  And don’t think he’s earned anything over 6 for a bridge deal although will probably get it anyways (6.75 x 4 is my guess).  

Nylander ruined things for GMs as did AM, Eichel and even McDavids deals. 

Im still hoping for a Tarasenko like deal (and at the time many thought he was a future Richard winner) and go for 7.5 x 8...it makes the most cap sense for the team short term pain for long term gain when we our best window opens.   He could score 40/50 before his four year deal is out and price himself out of the team when his bridge is up. 

12 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Are they? Petey blew both of their rookie seasons out of the water. Boeser blew their rookie seasons out of the water. What they are now doesn't really have any standing as to what they were when they signed their contracts.

Boeser will make more than Larkin and similar/more to Pastrnak and I'll put money on that. 

Honestly I'm happy that he will, he's had a better first couple seasons than Larkin and Pastrnak did and that's pretty exciting. 

We are comparing Boeser to 2017 Pastrnak and 2018 Larkin, and Boeser has had 2 productive seasons to both of their 1 at this comparable. Good for Detroit and Boston as if they had to pay them a year later, they'd be making wayyyyy more.

They definitely are, yes.

31 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I agree that these deals are close to what Boeser will get - but who’s the better player isn’t up to much debate Pastrnak is one of a few guys capable of scoring 90plus and Larkin (who skates as well as anyone, broke Gartners long lasting all-star record a few years ago) broke out last year, plays center and doesn’t have EP or anyone close to it to pad his stats...

Personally I think Conner is his best comparable followed by Miers.  And don’t think he’s earned anything over 6 for a bridge deal although will probably get it anyways (6.75 x 4 is my guess).  

Im still hoping for a Tarasenko like deal (and at the time many thought he was a future Richard winner) and go for 7.5 x 8...it makes the most cap sense for the team short term pain for long term gain when we our best window opens.   He could score 40/50 before his four year deal is out and price himself out of the team when his bridge is up. 

Connor is a tier above BB, imo........far more of an impact player in all areas of the ice, same with Meier.  Whomever likened Boeser to Kessel probably hit the closest.......obviously you can't compare contracts, but the are very similar players.

35 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Or he could plateau around 25-30 goals and 50-60 points and you're stuck with an anchor of a deal.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Connor is a tier above BB, imo........far more of an impact player in all areas of the ice, same with Meier.  Whomever likened Boeser to Kessel probably hit the closest.......obviously you can't compare contracts, but the are very similar players.

if Brock can become a defensively responsible version of Kessel that would be a home run for a 23rd oa pick imo. He certainly seems like he could be that, he seems very coachable and is in better shape than Phil :lol: not a high bar. Also a good character person like Phil. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

if Brock can become a defensively responsible version of Kessel that would be a home run for a 23rd oa pick imo. He certainly seems like he could be that, he seems very coachable and is in better shape than Phil :lol: not a high bar. Also a good character person like Phil. 

No argument here, I like Kessel and would be very happy with that.

Everyone is acting as if Brock is soft and injury prone, his first injury was a freak injury near the end of the season. He would have played a full 82. It was a serious injury and he recovered quite quickly, which he didnt have as much time to prepare for the 18-19 season and likely led to his wrist getting injured. They shut him down to get surgery rather than play out the season that had been lost. Injury prone is guys like Tanev and Salo. Blocking shots, taking hard hits or falling awkwardly, resulting in injury

• Upvote 1

Just now, knucklehead91 said:

Everyone is acting as if Brock is soft and injury prone, his first injury was a freak injury near the end of the season. He would have played a full 82. It was a serious injury and he recovered quite quickly, which he didnt have as much time to prepare for the 18-19 season and likely led to his wrist getting injured. They shut him down to get surgery rather than play out the season that had been lost. Injury prone is guys like Tanev and Salo. Blocking shots, taking hard hits or falling awkwardly, resulting in injury

Who said he's soft?  

As far as injury prone, how they happen is irrelevant........he's two seasons into his career and has yet to play 70 games in a season.