The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

16 hours ago, Lionized27 said:

Has anyone taken into account that Duke Boeser is battling cancer (again) and this is more than likely the reason a deal hasn't been signed?

Just a thought.

IMHO this is absolutely the reason there's been no news about a signing. Give Brock and his family the space they need in a very difficult time.

That legit has absolutely nothing to do with it lol.... 

There's almost 10 big rfas in the same situation without their fathers battling any disease. 

Brock has been enjoying his summer and taking it easy from the looks of it on his social media 

Wishing Duke and Brock all the best nonetheless. 

But that really has nothing to do with it, all these rfas are waiting 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, apollo said:

There's almost 10 big rfas in the same situation without their fathers battling any disease. 

Brock has been enjoying his summer and taking it easy from the looks of it on his social media 

C'mon Boeser, set the bar real low! $4x4!!! :frantic:

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

On 8/28/2019 at 5:39 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

No thanks. Canucks window is just opening and Tara is older. If you believe the stats he has already peaked. And one has no idea if he starts getting worse now or still has a couple years at peak performance.

And no to debrincat.....we don't need another tiny tim.

Just my opinion obviously.

Tara was also the weakest blue in the playoffs relative to regular season skill set 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/28/2019 at 7:19 AM, stawns said:

Give it up, he's not even close to MR.

If you take his last season off so Brock and him have the same amount of time in the league Mikko put up 122PTS in 165GP.

He definitely has taken the next step before Brock and will be paid as such, however he has had the benefit of not sustaining any major injury and playing with MacKinnon (no disrespect to Petey but c'mon) and Landeskog.

I would bet Brock has a break out year playing with Petterson and either a skilled Miller or a physical force like Ferland opening up space for him and Petterson. Like I said I see no reason why he can't hit high 70s/ low 80s. The difference being a few less points but more goals scored.

I found an old article with Mikko's first 150GP showing even less points than Brock has in his 140GP. He is absolutely a comparable and the numbers are there to support it.

Screenshot_20190830-000950~2.png

Screenshot_20190830-145852~2.png

Screenshot_20190830-145906~2.png

Edited by KanNuck
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, apollo said:

Lol this. Boeser always posts super jovial looking Instagram videos on his story, he definitely is enjoying summer despite Duke battling cancer as well. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Lol this. Boeser always posts super jovial looking Instagram videos on his story, he definitely is enjoying summer despite Duke battling cancer as well. 

I put the 'like' for your post even though I did not read it.

I was looking at your profile pic or whatever its called.....:lol:

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, .Naslund said:

Please post a link to his last "super jovial" IG video. Especially one of him enjoying this summer.

Make sure to mention the date the video was posted.

• Upvote 1

These RFA's should just sign, its mind boggling. But hey thats what money does to people. Thought Athletes LOVED playing their sport, they will make millions, but they want to get paid at such an early age now its crazy. GM's need to start to play a bit of hardball with them imo.

Look at Zeke Elliott the running back, he CHOSE to be a football player where NFL salaries are NOT guaranteed. He was a top pick and signed his rookie deal and now he wants the team to pay him 2 years early and is going to holdout? Sounds to me like he wants $ and doesnt love playing the sport that under his current deal is going to pay him millions.

Then we have the fans...some of us will never even make 6 figures in a CALENDAR year all while working 40 plus hours a week and getting only a few weeks off a year.

Boeser is a good player, had 2 years in which he had a couple injuries. He has not proven to be healthy and play a full season and he hasn't produced like the top RFA's/

Rantanen, Point, Tkachuk and Marner are in Tier 1- All have had a season or more above PPG while remaining healthy.

Brock falls in the Connor category as a compareable. Be interesting to see who signs between the 2 of them. I think they are compareable, What Kyle has over Brock is more speed and a more well rounded 2 way game? Laine, is a sniper with not much else, let him stay in Finland and play fortnite 24/7. I hope Winnipeg plays hardball with him, heck might even look at trading him if they can find a better fit for their team.

I wish Brock a healthy upcoming season, I want to see him sign long term, as playing with Pistol Pete its assured he will put up solid #s. Hopefully whoever flanks the LW on that line can gel well with the 2 of them

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Lionized27 said:

Please post a link to his last "super jovial" IG video. Especially one of him enjoying this summer.

Make sure to mention the date the video was posted.

They're posted as temporary 24 hour videos on his story, I'm not sure if you have Instagram or not, but they're viewable for a day and then disappear so I can't link you them sorry. 

16 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I put the 'like' for your post even though I did not read it.

I was looking at your profile pic or whatever its called.....:lol:

Hahaha Keeley Hazell! It's an old picture though, maybe I should update it lol. 

13 hours ago, King Heffy said:

That's a good thing though.  Hope he's having a blast; it's super important for him to be doing so.  Being able to compartmentalize different areas of your life is a valuable skill and I'm glad Brock's figured that out at his age.

Willing to bet he comes back even more mature than he already was.

This exactly! Being able to function and compartmentalize certain aspects of your life is extremely important. I wasn't faulting him or anything for having fun, I just want that to be clear. I've just seen the same argument being posted as to why he hasn't signed yet, which is why I was just pointing out Boeser does not appear to be simply moping around, all summer not up too anything. Positivity breeds positivity, I'm sure continuing to be happy and having a positive outlook on life goes a long way in promoting recovery, which it appears the Border family is doing.

It's not like Boeser is retiring from the NHL, he'll be in uniform very soon, nothing to overly sweet out about. 

• Cheers 1

On 8/30/2019 at 10:26 PM, Canuckster86 said:

These RFA's should just sign, its mind boggling. But hey thats what money does to people. Thought Athletes LOVED playing their sport, they will make millions, but they want to get paid at such an early age now its crazy. GM's need to start to play a bit of hardball with them imo.

Look at Zeke Elliott the running back, he CHOSE to be a football player where NFL salaries are NOT guaranteed. He was a top pick and signed his rookie deal and now he wants the team to pay him 2 years early and is going to holdout? Sounds to me like he wants $ and doesnt love playing the sport that under his current deal is going to pay him millions.

Then we have the fans...some of us will never even make 6 figures in a CALENDAR year all while working 40 plus hours a week and getting only a few weeks off a year.

Boeser is a good player, had 2 years in which he had a couple injuries. He has not proven to be healthy and play a full season and he hasn't produced like the top RFA's/

Rantanen, Point, Tkachuk and Marner are in Tier 1- All have had a season or more above PPG while remaining healthy.

Brock falls in the Connor category as a compareable. Be interesting to see who signs between the 2 of them. I think they are compareable, What Kyle has over Brock is more speed and a more well rounded 2 way game? Laine, is a sniper with not much else, let him stay in Finland and play fortnite 24/7. I hope Winnipeg plays hardball with him, heck might even look at trading him if they can find a better fit for their team.

I wish Brock a healthy upcoming season, I want to see him sign long term, as playing with Pistol Pete its assured he will put up solid #s. Hopefully whoever flanks the LW on that line can gel well with the 2 of them

Good post - and that’s what is generally been said about the rest of these RFAs.  AHO was offer sheeted and signed - not sure why they think Marner or another one of the better guys need to go next to set the bar for Boeser and Connor....it pretty much already has been - unless there is secret GM solidarity movement going on to re-set some of the damage (ok that’s fantasy).  Should be happening anytime right?

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Good post - and that’s what is generally been said about the rest of these RFAs.  AHO was offer sheeted and signed - not sure why they think Marner or another one of the better guys need to go next to set the bar for Boeser and Connor....it pretty much already has been - unless there is secret GM solidarity movement going on to re-set some of the damage (ok that’s fantasy).  Should be happening anytime right?

I think this is just the new norm in free agency. There's really no rush to get a deal done on either side. Once preseason starts, that puts more pressure on both sides. No one wants another Nylander situation. But there just hasn't been any pressure to sign on either end up until now. I would expect GMs to start upping their offers and player agents to lower theirs any day now. But it's a game of chicken.

13 hours ago, IBatch said:

I'm not sure why people keep using Marner as the bar for Boeser........not all RFAs are equal, Marner has some leverage, Boeser does not

Edited by stawns
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm not sure why people keep using Marner as the bar for Boeser........not all RFAs are equal, Marner has done leverage, Boeser does not

I think an (RFA’s) player’s leverage is specific to the level of loss a team experiences if the player is not in their lineup.  Which team experiences a more negative loss:  the Canucks without Brock, or the Leafs without Marner?  

• Upvote 2

Boeser believes what he is asking for is "fair".  After all the grief Benning has taken over some of his signings (not unfairly) and knowing the local market Benning is likely being very careful how this ends up - money and term.  It will set the table for the young RFA's on the way like Hughes and Petey etc and let him know how much cap he has over the short term until the new US TV deal.  It is a fairly important one to get right. Hopefully it gets done and they can focus on the upcoming season they have invested in a lot.  I think both sides want a longer term and that is what's taking so long .

Edited by Borvat
  • Upvote 1

I don't believe Marner is the bar for any of the RFA'S, Marner will probably not be signed until after opening night,  as they have no funds until then, with the others and Boeser, Benning can get rid of a couple of players, and Boeser will be at camp and probably the other RFA'S as well, I believe Boeser and Benning are very close.

• Upvote 1