The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

These athletes have to do whats best for them and if they think they aren't being valued by the team at fair value why sign with them? 

As we are learning more and more in pro sports its all a business teams are showing less and less loyalty to players so when a player tries to do whats best for them we should support them no? It's tough for both sides but everyone is just trying to do whats best and I'm sure in BB case this will be resolved there doesn't seem to be as much hostility as other situations. 

• Upvote 1

As long as Brock doesn't hold out and not show up for camp and signs a deal I am fine with that. If it leads to him missing some or all of training camp due to holding out over his next contract I wont be impressed. He seems to have great character and class but it would be a mistake for him to miss any time to gel with his new winger and mesh all that much more with Pistol Pete

Now that September has hit I think the week leading up to camp opening contract talks will intensify

1 hour ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

These athletes have to do whats best for them and if they think they aren't being valued by the team at fair value why sign with them? 

As we are learning more and more in pro sports its all a business teams are showing less and less loyalty to players so when a player tries to do whats best for them we should support them no? It's tough for both sides but everyone is just trying to do whats best and I'm sure in BB case this will be resolved there doesn't seem to be as much hostility as other situations. 

Boeser is a two year player ho hasn't really accomplishedmuch yet, including even one full season.  He has zero leverage and he does not have the resume to be asking for $7m, if that is indeed what the hold up is for.  As I've said, if he is holdng out for that kind of payday now, move him for a good return because his next contract demand will be far more.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Well, it's September. I am starting to edge myself towards the sky is falling territory with Boeser. Lets go ahead and get this deal done. No distractions going into the season please and thank you.

I might agree with you if all the other big RFAs had already signed, but at this point I think they’re all playing chicken with each other and once one goes the rest will start to follow.

1 hour ago, Bitter Melon said:

I might agree with you if all the other big RFAs had already signed, but at this point I think they’re all playing chicken with each other and once one goes the rest will start to follow.

Feel like we been saying this all summer. Meier signed, I'd say he's roughly on the same level as Boeser. Aho is gone, but I'll admit that was a different situation. He was offer sheeted. Not so sure the other RFAs are waiting for other RFAs to sign. But I really hope if that's the case that they start to sign soon. We are getting dangerously close to preseason at this point.

29 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Feel like we been saying this all summer. Meier signed, I'd say he's roughly on the same level as Boeser. Aho is gone, but I'll admit that was a different situation. He was offer sheeted. Not so sure the other RFAs are waiting for other RFAs to sign. But I really hope if that's the case that they start to sign soon. We are getting dangerously close to preseason at this point.

Meier signed yeah, but that’s one. The vast majority are still unsigned. Once training camp really starts to loom I’m confident things will start moving Horvat didn’t sign until a couple days before training camp despite being touted as “future captain” and not having a logjam of other similar players also waiting to get paid.

38 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Not to ramp up your anxiety but "pre" season for this team actually started April 7. In fact, there are only two seasons as far as I'm concerned, though I'm willing to allow for something new like "post" season this year.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I don't think Benning is even considering trading Boeser. But I think you're right that Boeser doesn't have a ton of leverage. If Brock wants $7M, he's going to need to sign for at least 6 years. Otherwise he can take 3 years at $5-5.5M. But he doesn't have the leverage to command anything else IMO.

This is pretty much it.  No 4 or 5 year deal... no $7 million for a short term deal.

• Cheers 2

18 hours ago, lethal_spaghetti said:

Because he has no choice in the matter.

On 9/1/2019 at 6:06 PM, VIC_CITY said:

I don't think Benning is even considering trading Boeser. But I think you're right that Boeser doesn't have a ton of leverage. If Brock wants $7M, he's going to need to sign for at least 6 years. Otherwise he can take 3 years at $5-5.5M. But he doesn't have the leverage to command anything else IMO.

My thoughts exactly. $7m per is not an option on a bridge deal, if it is being legitimately considered thats a problem. Let the player put in a couple solid seasons and oh I don't know meet or beat the 30 goal threshold before going above the $ 5.5m per range.

• Upvote 4

On 9/2/2019 at 3:57 AM, Top Sven Baercheese said:

I'm sure all these guys will sign once other players can go on IR. 

I say Marner and Boeser are signed once Roussel and Clarkson's contract no longer affect the cap. 

Teams can use LTIR in the off-season as confirmed by Bill Daly a couple of years ago already.  Toronto had used it in 2017 and he confirmed that you don't have to wait for the start of the season.  

11 minutes ago, mll said:

Teams can use LTIR in the off-season as confirmed by Bill Daly a couple of years ago already.  Toronto had used it in 2017 and he confirmed that you don't have to wait for the start of the season.  

The CBA actually addresses it directly in some of their examples.  It has been quoted on here several times.  They have to have a doctor state that they are likely to miss at least the first three weeks of the upcoming season to qualify.  

Players can be on LTIR in the summer for the purposes of being able to go over the cap by more than the 10% you are allowed.

Players can also be put on LTIR the last day of training camp so their replacements can be on the roster at the start of the season, you don’t have to have enough cap space for your LTIR guys on day 1.