The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

1 hour ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Dhaliwal was flat out wrong about Edler so I’m not believing anything that moron says. 

He was wrong on the # of years (I think he said 3) but I'm pretty sure he was the one that broke the news that the signing was imminent. Dhaliwal is the best source our market has, like it or not. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Me_ said:

MIN

Boeser

VAN

Zucker

Dumba

1st

I dont like the idea of trading such a good guy off the ice... Not to mention a potential rocket Richard winner on the ice... But that's much better value wise. 

It would be a tough pill to swallow but I'd accept the trade if Brock wants to play at home. 

I'd still always remain a Brock fan. He's just a great human. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Me_ said:

$3,000,000/yr for three years.

You’re 22 years old kid.

Relax a bit.

The entire league should relax.

24 minutes ago, Me_ said:

MIN

Boeser

VAN

Zucker

Dumba

1st

You think a 3 million$$ player is worth that package?   

Lol

5 mill for Boeser would be a steal.   

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Too much imo. 

No more than werenski on 3 years. D vs F but still no way Boeser should get more on 3 year deal. Make it similar structure with 7 mill QO for 4th year. 

Timo Meier is a beast. Hes not a comparable so i don't know why Boeser thinks he deserves same or more. 

I think they're just trying to bend JB over. JB has to hold the line. Let Boeser sit and if it gets past November let him sit the year. 

I think you should look at the details to Werenski’s deal. To qualify him after his contract would set himself up for at least $7 million and he get arbitration rights to go for more.

Also, I believe it was rumoured that it was Benning making the comparable to Meier’s cap hit.

Also, Brock’s career PPG is .83 compared to Meier’s .56 so I guess you’re right that they aren’t comparable.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

it would likely be Boeser + to get Dumba out of Minny.

More likely to get Fiala or Zucker and a 1st.  They love them some Boeser. He would be the face of the franchise going forward. I'm not sure this won't happen.

They really can't afford to lose Dumba. 

7 minutes ago, Aspie said:

I think you should look at the details to Werenski’s deal. To qualify him after his contract would set himself up for at least $7 million and he get arbitration rights to go for more.

Also, I believe it was rumoured that it was Benning making the comparable to Meier’s cap hit.

Also, Brock’s career PPG is .83 compared to Meier’s .56 so I guess you’re right that they aren’t comparable.

Points are only one aspect of the game.

The #Canucks cap issues are causing problems, the Boeser camp knows they can not get long term deal, they are willing to do a short term deal (even 1-2 years) but the gap remains even on that. Things can change quick but it does not look good right now.

Crap contracts given out from before might now be hurting us with our young players that are actually key going forward. Short term deal is gonna kill our cap later.

3 minutes ago, Aspie said:

Meier went 30-36-66 +9 in 78 games last year.  That's 0.84 ppg fwiw and 0.39 gpg.  And he signed for 4 @ $6M per and the 22 year old will still be an RFA and still under Sharks control when the contract is up.  But we all know that it's goals per game that add up to dollars when it comes to contract time.  This is why it is expected that Matthews will earn more than Marner even though Marner may drive offence better.

Last year, Boeser went 26-30-56 -2 in 69 games.  0.81 ppg and 0.38 gpg.  Granted, Boeser's career numbers are better 0.83 ppg and 0.42 gpg.  I think Boeser has more offensive upside and he may get more money but if the contract is of similar length, ie no UFA years, I don't see him coming in at a much higher AAV.

How much does Benning have to spend?  There are 25 contracts on Cap Friendly and $4.158 in free cap space.  The have to reduce the contracts by 2 and if they waive Eriksson and Schaller that's $1.025 each.  Doing the math, Benning has $6.208M and if Boeser insists on more, he's going to have to wait until the season begins and Benning can dip into LTIR. 

This is why I was surprised that he signed Ferland frankly....cutting it a little fine Jimmy.  Not everybody is going to pass the Meier comparison.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VIC_CITY said:

He was wrong on the # of years (I think he said 3) but I'm pretty sure he was the one that broke the news that the signing was imminent. Dhaliwal is the best source our market has, like it or not. 

Actually if I recall, he said Edler was going to test free agency. And we saw how that turned out.

I don’t trust his credibility but To each their own I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Aspie said:

Yes I said that 7 mill.

QO in my post. And according to CBA Boeser would also have arb rights.

PPG don't matter. The kid in San Jose is a beast

No more than werenski on 3 years. D vs F but still no way Boeser should get more on 3 year deal. Make it similar structure with 7 mill QO for 4th year[\Quote]

Edited by WHL rocks

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

Allot of it is also up to Boeser . If Jim cave's and gives them what they want , he gets criticized for too much $$$, and if he doesnt sign him early , it's his fault brock is not in camp.  

Yup, it's lose/lose for Jim. Precisely why he should and will stick to his guns and sign Boeser for a fair deal that works for the club.

It's largely up to Boeser and his agent now whether he's at camp/season start.

• Upvote 1