The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

6 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

I truly think a lot of people just create strawmans because their actual argument is full of holes.

Pretty easy to make it look like you're right when you make up stuff that is obviously wrong and then disagree with it lol

Anything for upvotes though.

Yeah, kind of like you.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BPA said:

Just the SJS Timo Meier so far.  But I can see it becoming a trend. 

It might become a trend but I doubt that the league would bother to intervene.  It's up to teams to manage their players.  It's not the same as front loaded deals that try and operate at an artificially reduced cap hit and have the players stop playing before the contract is completed.

The 50% rule between max and min salary and the 35% variability rule only apply to front loaded contracts.  The league could have decided to apply those rules on all contracts and they didn't.  Back loading forces the player to play out his full deal if he wants to get paid the bulk of his salary.

Edited by mll

24 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Wonder if marner will follow kawhi out of the "great city".  :bigblush:

At least Kawhi brought them a title.

This guy has one 94 point season and is holding out for McDavid money.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

At least Kawhi brought them a title.

This guy has one 94 point season and is holding out for McDavid money.

No.  He's wanting Austin Mathews type of money. 

Am I the only one who thinks Boeser doesnt envision himself here long term? Why would he? He spends his entire off-season / breaks in Minny and just rents a downtown Vancouver Condo during the season. Doesn't sound like a guy who is thinking of long term with the Canucks. I feel he wants to make sure he'll get max value and get a chance to go play for his hometown team of Minnesota

• Wat 1

Boeser is not on Meier's level. No way he should get same contract as Meier.  

If JB decides to do that same contract he loses these negotiations badly. 

JB should offer a 7 year deal around 7 mill per and stick to that no matter what.

If BB wants same contract as Meier let him sit out to start the season  or start exploring trade options. 

BB has a great shot and that's about all. Not great on forecheck no real back check not much board play or physicality.  

He's not on Meier's level. Different type of player. Meier is a true power forward.  A dominant player.

JB said he thinks Podkolzin will be Timo Meier type player.  A bull and true power forward. 

I think SJS got a great deal on Meier at 6 mill per. He'll be worth 10 mill QO after 4  yrs.

If BB gets 4 yrs it should be 5 mill per with 7 mill last year.  Not 10 mill like Meier has. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

BB has a great shot and that's about all.

I understand what you're getting at, but this just objectively isn't true. Boeser is a highly underrated playmaker. He finished last season with nearly the same PPG average to what he had the year before, despite his shot not being there for most of the season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I understand what you're getting at, but this just objectively isn't true. Boeser is a highly underrated playmaker. He finished last season with nearly the same PPG average to what he had the year before, despite his shot not being there for most of the season.

Why is he highly underrated. Is it a secret only certain people know? 

If BB was a great playmaker we would all know about it.  He's loved by this fan base. No one under rates him on anything in Vancouver.  

His best quality is his shot. He's a pure goal scorer. Sniper.

He needs a playmaker to play with in order to be successful.  Someone who gets him the puck to shoot.  EP40 is the playmaker. 

Hope BB is not going to pull a Nylander. 

I'd rather trade him if he's going to be a hold out.  Maybe to Minnesota since they were rumored to want more scoring and BB is from there.

Maybe something like BB+ for Dumba+.  Get Boldy too if possible.  :P

19 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Boeser is not on Meier's level. No way he should get same contract as Meier.  

If JB decides to do that same contract he loses these negotiations badly. 

JB should offer a 7 year deal around 7 mill per and stick to that no matter what.

If BB wants same contract as Meier let him sit out to start the season  or start exploring trade options. 

BB has a great shot and that's about all. Not great on forecheck no real back check not much board play or physicality.  

He's not on Meier's level. Different type of player. Meier is a true power forward.  A dominant player.

JB said he thinks Podkolzin will be Timo Meier type player.  A bull and true power forward. 

I think SJS got a great deal on Meier at 6 mill per. He'll be worth 10 mill QO after 4  yrs.

If BB gets 4 yrs it should be 5 mill per with 7 mill last year.  Not 10 mill like Meier has. 

Some seem to think that suggesting Boeser is only a great player and not an elite one are somehow bashing him.

I have heard several hockey folks talking about him and suggesting he is really probably realistically a 60 point guy.  There is nothing wrong with that at all.

Boeser is a $6-7 million dollar player on a long term deal, not a short term one.

This is one that JB has to hold a little firm on as it will set the stage for his upcoming more important RFA signings.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shaelon said:

Am I the only one who thinks Boeser doesnt envision himself here long term? Why would he? He spends his entire off-season / breaks in Minny and just rents a downtown Vancouver Condo during the season. Doesn't sound like a guy who is thinking of long term with the Canucks. I feel he wants to make sure he'll get max value and get a chance to go play for his hometown team of Minnesota

To be fair he hasn't actually made that much money and with his next contract he'll know his income and what he can buy in Vancouver a condo or house 

• Upvote 1