The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Laine in "deep talks" with Montreal

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

maybe its the beagle sized mosquitoes thats scaring them all off 

The black flies in Manitoba are no joke. There is pretty much zero reason to stay with the Jets unless you have to or they are overpaying you.  

Only team in Canada I'd play for is Vancouver because that's my team.  I'd rather be in a warm US market, left alone and riding a motorbike and playing golf. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

The black flies in Manitoba are no joke. There is pretty much zero reason to stay with the Jets unless you have to or they are overpaying you.  

Only team in Canada I'd play for is Vancouver because that's my team.  I'd rather be in a warm US market, left alone and riding a motorbike and playing golf. 

It's called living in Canada and the people of Manitoba are much better on average than the people of the lower mainland. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gerry35 said:

It's called living in Canada and the people of Manitoba are much better on average than the people of the lower mainland. 

People are pretty good (mostly) everywhere.  However, any place where people look forward to the minus 40 and 10 feet of snow of the winter, because they want an escape from the vicious bugs of summer, is not a place (most) people with a lot of money would choose to live.  

I don’t think anyone retires from here to Winnipeg.  

Now with those facts of life out of the way, Laine likely loves Winnipeg.  I figure he enjoys the passion of the fans, and would prefer to stay there.  He just wants to be compensated with a fair contract.  

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

one thing I'd like to do someday is that river skating thing they set up, that looks fun. I just have to pick the day its not -25 :lol:

nice people tho. I know thats what you're supposed to say but every time I've been there everyone has been quite nice. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I remember that. The amount of Fortnite he played did correspond with his performance. I’m not sure if Laine was the guy from that story about the prospect with a game addiction (he was already in the NHL when the story broke) but it does seem like he’d be best served to spend less time gaming.

I still think that was Michael Dal Colle. Islanders prospect taken just before Jake in his draft year. He is struggling to translate to the NHL and is a high pick.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

People are pretty good (mostly) everywhere.    

they are. One thing Vancouver has tho is a bit of a less friendly veneer than other places. I've found its very easy to break through tho if you take the initiative. Not sure why it developed that way but its not like the prairies where you can shoot the $&!# with anyone all day if you want to. 

Just now, Rush17 said:

I still think that was Michael Dal Colle. Islanders prospect taken just before Jake in his draft year. He is struggling to translate to the NHL and is a high pick.

Is having a video game addiction kind of like having a drug addiction?  Will it really affect your play?  

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

they are. One thing Vancouver has tho is a bit of a less friendly veneer than other places. I've found its very easy to break through tho if you take the initiative. Not sure why it developed that way but its not like the prairies where you can shoot the $&!# with anyone all day if you want to. 

Language and sports barriers here?  Too many soccer :sick: fans.  

Mostly everyone on the prairie speaks English, and are hockey fans.

Better tell Mrs. Alf it’s time to pack.  :gocan:

• Haha 1

Just now, Rush17 said:

Bad weather humbles people

Lol. My sister moved there and I've always enjoyed visiting there. Best people in Canada live in Manitoba in my opinion. I've gone there in winter and it's not bad at all on average, ice fishing is a lot of fun. If you like winter sports it's great, if you are someone who never goes out in the winter it would be tough. Living in the northern half of B.C. there are bugs ad cold weather here too so Manitoba isn't a problem. I bet most of the hockey players from Scandinavia and other cold countries don't have a problem with the weather there

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

Language and sports barriers here?  Too many soccer :sick: fans.  

Mostly everyone on the prairie speaks English, and are hockey fans.

Better tell Mrs. Alf it’s time to pack.  :gocan:

it could be. Dunno. But I've found if you yap first people are always happy to yap back. 

Its on the initiating the discussion part where people seem timid here. City cultures are weird things. 

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is having a video game addiction kind of like having a drug addiction?  Will it really affect your play?  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

True, but just doesn’t seem as bad as drugs and booze.  

The body begins to crave those endorphins that get released when you  accomplish certain tasks in a game. Lack of sleep also hurts.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

maybe its the beagle sized mosquitoes thats scaring them all off 

Years and years of spraying chemicals to control the mosquito population has caused some serious mutations.  The people are immune though.  B)

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

The body begins to crave those endorphins that get released when you  accomplish certain tasks in a game. Lack of sleep also hurts.

I guess I just don’t get how anyone could play “Pong” for endless hours.  

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Also these guys are required to be in peak physical condition for their work. Stop hitting the gym and start getting out of shape. Thinking about the game on the ice etc etc 

4 minutes ago, Whale Tail said:

Also these guys are required to be in peak physical condition for their work. Stop hitting the gym and start getting out of shape. Thinking about the game on the ice etc etc 

So, you’re a young, elite athlete, just entering your prime of physical ability, and you’re rich.  Oh, and you’re single.  Why on Hod’s green earth would that guy stay in a room playing with a computer when he could be out playing with ... nudge nudge. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So, you’re a young, elite athlete, just entering your prime of physical ability, and you’re rich.  Oh, and you’re single.  Why on Hod’s green earth would that guy stay in a room playing with a computer when he could be out playing with ... nudge nudge. 

Because he wants to stay single and rich?

• Cheers 1

That’s basically addiction summed up. Maybe he met his gf on online? :lol: