The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All Canucks Goals 2018-2019 Regular Season

Rate this topic

therodigy

Watching this was really enjoyable. 

Negative (yet positive) stuff first: So rarely did I hear Hutton, Pouliot, or Gudbranson involved in a scoring play, though Ben had a few moments in the half of the season. Great to know that they have been moved on. It also sucked not to hear Baertschi much, 53 out of 65 games missed at one point... brutal for him, I hope he has a healthy year.

The encouraging things I was reminded of from watching this:

• So excited for Hughes.
  • Horvat is a special player, and I actually wouldn't mind seeing him play with Roussel some more this season. 
  • Motte had quite a good year.
  • Jake is still so full of potential and room to grow.
  • Edler and Stecher are both so fun to watch, in very different ways.
  • EP and Boeser :)

Thanks for posting this! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Guile said:

Watching this was really enjoyable. 

Negative (yet positive) stuff first: So rarely did I hear Hutton, Pouliot, or Gudbranson involved in a scoring play, though Ben had a few moments in the half of the season. Great to know that they have been moved on. It also sucked not to hear Baertschi much, 53 out of 65 games missed at one point... brutal for him, I hope he has a healthy year.

The encouraging things I was reminded of from watching this:

• So excited for Hughes.
  • Horvat is a special player, and I actually wouldn't mind seeing him play with Roussel some more this season. 
  • Motte had quite a good year.
  • Jake is still so full of potential and room to grow.
  • Edler and Stecher are both so fun to watch, in very different ways.
  • EP and Boeser :)

Thanks for posting this! 

Pleasure is all mine.

I've also noticed a few things when putting the video together:

- Eriksson gets a lot of hate. If we compare him to the other 4 major free agent signings that year (Lucic, Brouwer, Ladd, & Okposo), we definitely got one of the best of the worst. Brouwer had since been bought out, Ladd & Lucic can barely play on the 4th line, and Okposo isn't earning his contract on a supposed up and comping team. I don't know what the future brings for him, but if he plays next season and continues to score goals like in the video, I would be fine with it.

- Pearson post-TDL. He's putting in goals in so many different ways (Breaks, snipes, greases). Hoping the goal projections are accurate over a full-season because that would be a treat.

- How fitting that EP starts and ends the video!

- Though he only played some odd 26 games and only scored 4 goals, Sutter has an underrated shot. I don't foresee him staying long term, but if he can score at a 20 goal pace leading to the TDL, that's a lot of value coming back.

Anyways, glad you've enjoyed it! This upcoming season can't come soon enough!