The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Intro Song for Next Season pls....

Rate this topic

RakuRaku

17 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Didnt mean to hurt your feelings bro.

The song has nothing to do with the outcome of the game.  It creates an atmosphere for the fans.  By this logic our arena is at fault for being physically dominated so we should move the team to Maple ridge to disassociate our team from Rogers arena.

If we dont use the lyrics, and only use the instrumental,  I dont think the lyrics are relevant at all.

Nothing made the hair on the back of your neck stand up like the flutes or where the streets have no name instrumental blasting through the arena and the fog rising from the players entrance, watching Naslund bust through the fog onto the ice leading the boys for battle.

The arena had an atmosphere back then.  Now it's nothing but BULL**** techno and top 100 music.  No creativity at all in that arena anymore.

I'm not negative about much but the flutes/U2 brought an amazing fan experience.

No hurt feelings.

We're moving into a different era so I would like a different song to reflect that.

(It's okay if you feel the need to live in the past.) I didn't phrase that very well. I meant looking at it from a nostalgic perspective. I would rather look forward.

Edited by RWMc1

16 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

No hurt feelings.

We're moving into a different era so I would like a different song to reflect that.

It's okay if you feel the need to live in the past. I would rather look forward.

I'm open to something new as well.  I would just prefer the classics.

Someone taking a dump with the mic up to their ass would be a better intro than what we have had the past 2 or 3 seasons.

2 of the best players in this franchise's history requested their last few games they go out to the streets have no name.  So that Intro obviously had had an impact on the players as well.

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Haha 1

Play something that has bite to it and a good beat.  Mettalica (Seek and Destroy, Don’t Tread on Me,  almost anything really) AC/DC, GnR, Zeppelin has a few good ones that would work, .... SJ kind of owns Mettalica so be careful but could still work....just no Bryan Adams or contemporary crap please.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we have a song with "BALLS" please... Sharks use Metallica , Boston - Audio Slave... come on people. let's not envoke the past BS song " I WANT TO RUN, I WANT TO HIDE" yes let's play U2 ... that song strikes fear LOL ... We need a song with "BALLS" !!!!!  how bout SLAYER - REIGN IN BLOOD !!! think about how , Canucks skating around the ice with that song blasting. Something heavy and gets everyone pumped.

• Upvote 1

Forget what the fans like. The fans aren't gonna play better if they're pumped up. 

Go survey the players, see what song collectively pumps them up. Hopefully that'll help the home record. 

Seriously... As a fan that wants the team to win games, I'd much rather have the players chose than try pleasing 18500 fans. 

You can't get a song 18500 agree on nightly. 

But what you can do is get the 20 guys wearing the iconic blue and green colours to agree on a song that gets them pumped. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Thunderstruck! Best guitar intro. Audience can all sing the early "Thunder!!"  lyrics.

Guys skating onto the ice with that cool lick.

Didn’t they use this in the early 2000s.

16 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

How about Chevy reving the saw

giphy.gif

Why are we getting the Jets GM to rev the chain saw....?

We have a freaking lumberjack '3rd' logo / 2nd 'mascot'.....

Throw some skates on this guy and give him a chain saw.

a8Pl07gb_400x400.jpg

Edited by aGENT