The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes Surprises Fan at Graduation

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

I would argue that the randomness is a great show of character. It’s just a guy that’s a fan. Who does that? That’s fricken awesome. 

Dont get me wrong. Its a great thing to do for someone. I also liked boesers grad night with the lady that had downs ....

but really, isnt it more meaningful if you dont tell the world you did it? 

Its unclassy in my opinion. 

*classless. Lack of class. Looking for attention. Thats where i was going. 

Edited by MystifyNCrucify

9 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I know if I were a Canuck and could make someone happy, I'd go for sure. What's your point?

Id rather make someone happy, without soaking up whatever tweets and thumbs up and “street cred” i could get. Not talking Quinn here this is all on canucks media. 

Its that persons day. Not quinns, or stechers, or boesers. 

Edited by MystifyNCrucify

3 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Dont get me wrong. Its a great thing to do for someone. I also liked boesers grad night with the lady that had downs ....

but really, isnt it more meaningful if you dont tell the world you did it? 

Its unclassy in my opinion. 

Maybe the recognition was for the kid as well. Be pretty rad to have the cameras there with Quinn Hughes at your grad. Probably got him lucky lol. He was probably all “ya, no big deal, me and Quinn hangout” 

• Upvote 1

Yeah. I get it. 

It loses all credibility when the cameras and social media get involved though. 

Does Bill Gates wanna go to India and feed lepers? Doubt it. 

Does Quinn Hughes have a vague contract with the Canucks regarding social media appearances? 

Im sure QH is a standup individual with a great moral background, but im skeptical about “wanting to go to a random persons graduation when I could be doing something else”. 

Dont try to high road me people. 

You know damn well if you had his money, had to prepare for a long west coast NHL grind, start a lifelong career on the right foot, the last thing you would be doing is reading fan mail from a random. 

6 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i get you are cynical

but i doubt it is possible to keep things quiet/private

when quinn attends a public event to do this

i'm sure other graduates and their families had cameras and things get out

not sure why keeping it all quiet is somehow better for everyone?

these players will encounter publicity moving forward whatever they do

i'd rather read about him doing this

and have posters like you try to darken things with their cynicism

rather then read about the thread of the 2 hockey players

arrested on the weekend in the wee hours of the morning

due to a dispute over a bill fueled by some sort of partying

that has its own built in virtue signalling

Well thats just hard to unpack. My brain cant handle how many times you pressed “return” on your phone. Ill try my best though. 

My belief about why Vancouver is such a difficult city to play in, is because we get shill “pieces “ like this that allow scumbags on the other spectrum, to go and slam the crap out of people who just happen to play bad for ten games. Ride them into the ground, take their confidence and wipe butts with it. 

Its ok though right? I mean stecher got himself a painting. Dude! Brock went and took a lovely girl to prom awew thats sweet. 

“Oooh That eriksson isnt playing to his contract. Damn that benning, trading and all that stuff.....oh look waivers ya bastards you took corrado FiRE thAT MofO!!!”