The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes Surprises Fan at Graduation

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Guys, just ignore Myst. He's irrelevant and insignificant in all of this. A pest that wants your attention. Nothing more.

Good on Hughes for giving his own time to inspire someone else. Focus on that and not Myst.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Dont get me wrong. Its a great thing to do for someone. I also liked boesers grad night with the lady that had downs ....

but really, isnt it more meaningful if you dont tell the world you did it? 

Its unclassy in my opinion. 

*classless. Lack of class. Looking for attention. Thats where i was going. 

Wha? You think Quinn did this for publicity? It's not like he took the picture and made it public saying: "look what I did!" I'm pretty sure the kid graduating was ecstatic and wanted everyone to know Quinn made his day. I'm sure Boeser and Quinn do lots of nice things for all kinds of people, and don't make it public. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Oh my god(dess?) thankyou. Thankyou for this absolutely delicious “ironing”. 

Theres a very clear, definable difference in these two accounts. 

It wasnt an NHL team that brought up Milanos and AJ Greers....discretions. That was hidden, as long as it could be. 

Canucks media jumped all over video taping stecher and boeser and gudbranson and eriksson and the sedins and linden and horvat etc etc. 

Let the players play. 

after reading all your posts, I think I see what you're getting at - its the media.. 

again, you may be right.. 

is it a knee jerk reaction by the media, just looking for likes? after spending so much time slagging on the team, this is the positive that can get more followers? 

that might be the narrow view, but it might be true. I do my best to stay away from social media, so I really shouldn't comment further 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

Nothing mythical about a troll. Cause there you are. What's to dispute about a point made by a person who has missed the entirety of the experiences had by those involved? What's to say to someone who has analysed a situation to some level of scrutiny that completely whiffs on simple humanity? 

Even if this act is 80% positive and 20% negative as a generality, the guy grabbing the 20% obviously doesn't know very much about it. 

Thats right. You are right. Everyone who has a different opinion than you is a troll. 

Damn them trolls. We should give each other thumbs up and maybe hydrations, because those damned trolls are always having....them damned...differing opinions. Damn them for not following the herd! 

Some of the sheep are black too! Damn their unshorn wool. Damn them!!!!

• Wat 1

12 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

after reading all your posts, I think I see what you're getting at - its the media.. 

again, you may be right.. 

is it a knee jerk reaction by the media, just looking for likes? after spending so much time slagging on the team, this is the positive that can get more followers? 

that might be the narrow view, but it might be true. I do my best to stay away from social media, so I really shouldn't comment further 

It looks like this was filmed and posted by the Canucks PR team. So it’s not the same people in the local media who are consistently $&!#ting on the team trying a different tactic to get more social media engagement. 

Edited by HerrDrFunk

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

It looks like this was filmed and posted by the Canucks PR team. So it’s not the same people are are consistently $&!#ting on the team looking for more likes.

Bing-pot. 

Can you imagine trying to do something nice for someone in your “down time”, and being filmed and scripted to say certain things?

Can you imagine being on the other side of the social media spectrum? 

Screw this constant big brother crap. 

Leave the players alone. Despite them making more money than regular people, they are real people with real feelings. 

hughes played  ncaa hockey for a couple of seasons. the canucks had to wait for him to finish HIS education . i'm sure he understands what getting thru that involves ,and i'm sure he's also aware of the difficulties a challenged person might have getting thru it. Good on hughes !                                                                                                                            keep-calm-and-stop-nitpicking.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Bing-pot. 

Can you imagine trying to do something nice for someone in your “down time”, and being filmed and scripted to say certain things?

Can you imagine being on the other side of the social media spectrum?

I'd say it goes with the territory of being a professional athlete. Especially on a team where ownership and management wants its players to be involved in the community.

3 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Screw this constant big brother crap. 

That's not what Big Brother refers to but okay, lol. 

1 minute ago, sonoman said:

Full of insults today,  welcome to the ignore list.

Weak. My “insults” to you were either ideas you couldnt comprehend, or you you just.....got....confused....

Go to your safe space princess. Theres a “Little Mermaid” remake coming out sometime that will validate your whole life choices. 

• Wat 1

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'd say it goes with the territory of being a professional athlete. Especially on a team where ownership and management wants its players to be involved in the community.

That's not what Big Brother refers to but okay, lol. 

Not gonna get into the big brother thing. The premise, in my opinion, is not much different than canadian hockey media. Unimportant. 

Is being made a spectacle, paraded around a city, every move photographed and scrutinized something that a hockey player in canada should have to deal with?

im just saying.....these are people, mostly good people, and because of our “fan overzealousness”, we have an effect on them. 

We should be leaving it all on the ice, like a good hockey player. All of us. Fans and players. These are people doing a job. 

Leave them the eff alone outside of work. 

4 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Not gonna get into the big brother thing. The premise, in my opinion, is not much different than canadian hockey media. Unimportant.  

Nah. Please explain how the Canadian hockey media is like Big Brother. I’d love to hear your reasoning there. 

7 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Is being made a spectacle, paraded around a city, every move photographed and scrutinized something that a hockey player in canada should have to deal with?

im just saying.....these are people, mostly good people, and because of our “fan overzealousness”, we have an effect on them. 

We should be leaving it all on the ice, like a good hockey player. All of us. Fans and players. These are people doing a job. 

Leave them the eff alone outside of work. 

Yes, that damn sneaky, dastardly media team from the Canucks strikes a Canucks player again. 

Here’s the thing, I don’t even disagree about leaving players alone as they go about their day; but this situation definitely ain’t it, chief.

@oldnews

Cmon man. Im not a bad person. Im opinionated, and i admit i do quite enjoy giving people a perspective they may not understand yet. 

Im not a troll. I dont think i am anyway. 

My whole motivation for my first post, was to initiate a conversation. Im fine with taking a hit for real ideas getting real discussion. If it doesnt happen, we all just cowpoke our way out not learning anything. 

I believe we, as fans, and human beings, need to stop glorifying and putting these kids on pedestals that they dont deserve or even want. Let them be kids...people....let them live without constant scrutiny. 

This is wrong. Leave them alone. 

7 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Nah. Please explain how the Canadian hockey media is like Big Brother. I’d love to hear your reasoning there. 

Yes, that damn sneaky, dastardly media team from the Canucks strikes a Canucks player again. 

Here’s the thing, I don’t even disagree about leaving players alone as they go about their day; but this situation definitely ain’t it, chief.

It is though. I bet for some of these kids, its even more pressure being sent into a random situation with random people while random people are filming for a random canucks.ca video. 

They would rather have a hockey stick and a helmet on. 

2 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

:rolleyes:

im sure Quinn was all over going to some random dudes graduation and yeah its a feel good story but lets be realistic.......

.....its just virtue signalling propaganda. 

Shame on all of us for lapping it up like purse pets. 

Probably time to put down the red pill kool aid 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

It is though. I bet for some of these kids, its even more pressure being sent into a random situation with random people while random people are filming for a random canucks.ca video. 

They would rather have a hockey stick and a helmet on. 

If simply having random eyes on them was too much pressure, those kids would never have made it to the NHL in the first place. 

So is that a no on elaborating how Canadian sports media is like Big Brother?

Really glad JB has made it a policy to acquire/pursue young guys with admirable character. Great examples for our young fans.

Quinn Hughes is another nice young gent, in an impressive list.

However, I have it on pretty good authority, that his brother is an absolute Devil.

• Cheers 1